Packers Bengals. First pre season game of the year

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
11 Aug 2023 20:52
Ok, I think Anders has to go.

Anything below 80% is unacceptable in the NFL.
Thought it was an awful pick at the time. I saw a lot of Auburn games.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
11 Aug 2023 20:50
Holy sh*t Wilson!!!

He has been having explosives all camp and then does this tonight?!
He barely kept pace with a LB, they both looked slow to me.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Wilson with the vision and speed! :hail:
What's his 40 yard sprint time? Is this another Roadrunner?
As we all know Speed Kills. But was it real speed or a slow Bengals D?
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 11 Aug 2023 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
11 Aug 2023 20:57
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Wilson with the vision and speed! :hail:
What's his 40 yard sprint time? Is this another Roadrunner?
As we all know Speed Kills. Awesome!
4.55 at a pro day

He seemed to have another gear once he hit the sideline. It reminded me of Ryan Grant when he got loose against a secondary.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Cox has been giving their RT fits

#46 good play on a free run
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

How did Siemian beat out Paxton Lynch? Man Lynch must have been bad.
Last edited by Ghost_Lombardi on 11 Aug 2023 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

McGoo has to keep two hands on the ball!
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Trevor Simian is terribad.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

:woohoo: Ken Ellis #48 Packers Hall of Famer. :aok:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Hooper #27 saved that drive for the D
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

First step to get to 23-0.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

++++ Valentine
+++ Wilson
+ 📋
+ Hooper
+ Keshawn Banks
+ team energy
+ SJC
+ Reed
+ Toure minus the KR muff
+ Heath
Probably forgetting a couple guys

– Injuries
– backup Guards
– Anders
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

+ Cox
+ D. Wicks

----- Newman

Withholding judgement on McGough, too few snaps
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

MLF (live now): Davis's injury looks significant, not sure on Tenuta yet
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Valentine belongs. For a 7th round pick that was a great debut performance.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Love was Rodgers, Clifford was Favre.

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The conversation online (here and elsewhere) around Love/Clifford is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

And it is definitely the same people who thought Sean Clifford was such a dumb draft pick that Gutey should be publicly flogged that are trying to say Clifford is pushing or going to push Jordan Love to be the starter. Like I said, some here, most elsewhere.

Just absolute dumb stuff there. Completely discrediting takes. It's tribal narrative stuff completely void of football analysis

Love is the unquestioned leader of this team. Clifford is the smart guy drafted to be a career backup with stints of starting throughout his career as long as he puts in the work on his footwork to improve his accuracy and consistency from college. There's no controversy here. They both played their roles tonight, and showed that they can be what is asked of them, and showed that they both are young and learning (and they did it against very different caliber defenders).

Love came out and completed 7 of 10 passes with a TD and no turnovers and a near miss on a beautiful deep ball. When you have a 1st round pick, carefully developed, with the full backing of the entire team, great team energy around the whole offseason carried into the game atmosphere, and he comes out and does his job, there is no cause for questioning his place. And when the backup comes out and looks surprisingly good against backups, but still throws a couple INTs, there's no cause for screaming to elevate him.

All of those takes are narrative-driven by opinions on things that have nothing to do with those guys, mostly Gutey and Rodgers. So please stop the wild agenda-driven chatter. We should be pleased that our 5th round rookie looks like a good pick because we need a backup QB.

Other than that, fun stuff tonight!

I have heard of some of these guys like Emanuel Wilson or K. Banks, but I didn't bother listening; guess I have to listen now.

Some things I noticed:

- Wicks and Musgrave blocked the bejeezus out of their guys on the short Goodson TD. We love to see it.
- Already mentioned dozens of times in the thread, but whew! Valentine!!
- Rasheed Walker got time at both LT and RT and looked good on the highlight plays. I'll be interested to see what the real film crunchers see from him. I hope the Caleb Jones injury isn't too serious.
- All the talk of needing veteran wide receivers but the WR room looks awesome and deep while the TE room is the shallowest pool in light of Deguara and Davis being banged up (and Davis significantly)
- Related to the above, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep Pearson at FB instead of a 4th TE--which is wild since rookie TEs struggle and two of our top 3 are rookies. Musgrave looks like the hands-down TE1, though, so maybe he's an exception.

I didn't hear or see almost anything about any safeties. That isn't necessarily horrible because if they were awful I'd see more complaints (aside from [mention]NCF[/mention] mentioning that they were looking rough all around, so maybe people just didn't wanna talk about it, haha)

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Aug 2023 22:51

Love was a robotic, much less accurate, AR

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Aug 2023 22:51
Now you've gone too far!...but I get what you mean :lol:

Clifford makes me think of Jake Delhomme
- Vince Lombardi

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Aug 2023 22:57
The conversation online (here and elsewhere) around Love/Clifford is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

And it is definitely the same people who thought Sean Clifford was such a dumb draft pick that Gutey should be publicly flogged that are trying to say Clifford is pushing or going to push Jordan Love to be the starter. Like I said, some here, most elsewhere.

Just absolute dumb stuff there. Completely discrediting takes. It's tribal narrative stuff completely void of football analysis

Love is the unquestioned leader of this team. Clifford is the smart guy drafted to be a career backup with stints of starting throughout his career as long as he puts in the work on his footwork to improve his accuracy and consistency from college. There's no controversy here. They both played their roles tonight, and showed that they can be what is asked of them, and showed that they both are young and learning (and they did it against very different caliber defenders).

Love came out and completed 7 of 10 passes with a TD and no turnovers and a near miss on a beautiful deep ball. When you have a 1st round pick, carefully developed, with the full backing of the entire team, great team energy around the whole offseason carried into the game atmosphere, and he comes out and does his job, there is no cause for questioning his place. And when the backup comes out and looks surprisingly good against backups, but still throws a couple INTs, there's no cause for screaming to elevate him.

All of those takes are narrative-driven by opinions on things that have nothing to do with those guys, mostly Gutey and Rodgers. So please stop the wild agenda-driven chatter. We should be pleased that our 5th round rookie looks like a good pick because we need a backup QB.

Other than that, fun stuff tonight!

I have heard of some of these guys like Emanuel Wilson or K. Banks, but I didn't bother listening; guess I have to listen now.

Some things I noticed:

- Wicks and Musgrave blocked the bejeezus out of their guys on the short Goodson TD. We love to see it.
- Already mentioned dozens of times in the thread, but whew! Valentine!!
- Rasheed Walker got time at both LT and RT and looked good on the highlight plays. I'll be interested to see what the real film crunchers see from him. I hope the Caleb Jones injury isn't too serious.
- All the talk of needing veteran wide receivers but the WR room looks awesome and deep while the TE room is the shallowest pool in light of Deguara and Davis being banged up (and Davis significantly)
- Related to the above, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep Pearson at FB instead of a 4th TE--which is wild since rookie TEs struggle and two of our top 3 are rookies. Musgrave looks like the hands-down TE1, though, so maybe he's an exception.

I didn't hear or see almost anything about any safeties. That isn't necessarily horrible because if they were awful I'd see more complaints (aside from @NCF mentioning that they were looking rough all around, so maybe people just didn't wanna talk about it, haha)
Bad take.

Clifford at some point will start this season but he isn't pushing Love.

Your view is love will be good - limited evidence.
Other view is love will be bad - limited evidence.

If Love is bad there is every chance clifford could start a game this year.

Tonight Love Love was not pressured at all by a non blitzing 2nd team and his scripted plays were to the flat, an out, bad deep ball, bad mid ball, roll-out and a hanging pass in the end zone which was terribly played.

This is also with a short field because the Packers decided to go all out and blitz in first game of preseason which was kinda nuts to watch.

Tonight didn't change any opinions for the lovers or the haters.