Week 1 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Now lets get 100% of snaps for Rodgers and a Jets L. :banana:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

4 missed extra points around the league yesterday (quick glance I added up 61 attempts but wasn't careful or double checked)

Two kickers had 5 attempts. Only Carlson made more than 4 XP around the league (Cowboys went 4/5)

2 FG missed from 30-39 yards (I believe one was blocked - Gano)
1 FG missed from 40-49 yards
4 FG missed on 14 attempts of 50-59 yards. (Maher missed one and had one blocked)

(Gano missed one and had one blocked. So this was either missed and the 30-39 was blocked or vice versa)

Just a random kicker update while things are going well with our own.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 09:21
4 missed extra points around the league yesterday (quick glance I added up 61 attempts but wasn't careful or double checked)

Two kickers had 5 attempts. Only Carlson made more than 4 XP around the league (Cowboys went 4/5)

2 FG missed from 30-39 yards (I believe one was blocked - Gano)
1 FG missed from 40-49 yards
4 FG missed on 14 attempts of 50-59 yards. (Maher missed one and had one blocked)

(Gano missed one and had one blocked. So this was either missed and the 30-39 was blocked or vice versa)

Just a random kicker update while things are going well with our own.
The takeaway for me is that kickers occasionally miss kicks, even the best of them. No need to panic should Carlson miss a kick or two.

I got the sense a few weeks back there are those among us just waiting to pounce once Carlson inevitably has a game where he struggles. It's gonna happen, just like it did with Crosby. Hopefully this forum sees beyond that game, just as they did with Crosby, and allows the youngster room to grow through that unavoidable tough experience.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
11 Sep 2023 11:27
The takeaway for me is that kickers occasionally miss kicks, even the best of them. No need to panic should Carlson miss a kick or two.

I got the sense a few weeks back there are those among us just waiting to pounce once Carlson inevitably has a game where he struggles. It's gonna happen, just like it did with Crosby. Hopefully this forum sees beyond that game, just as they did with Crosby, and allows the youngster room to grow through that unavoidable tough experience.
I know you were already on this train, but this is, in fact, the takeaway I was going for

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 11:31
APB wrote:
11 Sep 2023 11:27

I know you were already on this train, but this is, in fact, the takeaway I was going for
:aok:

I will say this, though: several of Carlson's kicks seem to have a lot of movement to them. That makes me a little nervous tbh. I'm assuming he's not consistently hitting his "clean" spot which results in the straight and true flight of the ball, like on his long FG, so I hope coach Rich B fixes that.

I was also a little surprised to see so many of his kickoffs fielded short of the goal line. I know Carlson's capable of driving it into the end zone. I wonder if Bisaccia game plans certain teams to force them into returns?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

If the coverage unit is doing well why not force them to make it to the 25 versus just handing that to them, also there was a 8 to 10 mile wind gust in the city known for wind gust, they call Chi ca go the Windy city after all :lol:

I doubt that any kicker hits it balls on dead accurate straight every time, Crosby often tailed his kicks left, meaning as in golf he drew the ball, I think it's the same with Carlson.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
11 Sep 2023 11:57
there was a 8 to 10 mile wind gust in the city known for wind gust, they call Chi ca go the Windy city after all :lol:
Yes, but not because of the wind. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:I doubt that any kicker hits it balls on dead accurate straight every time, Crosby often tailed his kicks left, meaning as in golf he drew the ball, I think it's the same with Carlson.
Many good ones do hit it consistently straight. That's why they're so good.

Crosby was a career 81% FG kicker, which was below average. I am sure part of that is due to his kicks uncontrollably tailing off, as you say.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
11 Sep 2023 12:02
Yoop wrote:
11 Sep 2023 11:57
there was a 8 to 10 mile wind gust in the city known for wind gust, they call Chi ca go the Windy city after all :lol:
Yes, but not because of the wind. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:I doubt that any kicker hits it balls on dead accurate straight every time, Crosby often tailed his kicks left, meaning as in golf he drew the ball, I think it's the same with Carlson.
Many good ones do hit it consistently straight. That's why they're so good.

Crosby was a career 81% FG kicker, which was below average. I am sure part of that is due to his kicks uncontrollably tailing off, as you say.
there seems to be a communication breakdown here of sorts :lol:

Causes. The reason that spin on a football makes it curl is known as the Magnus effect. This causes a rotating ball to form a whirlpool about itself, with one side's air moving with the ball and the other side's air moving against the ball.

I was looking for this a while back, basically I have my doubts that any kick it straight, that would be a knuckle ball affect, I think the best kickers are those that control that magnus affect or control of the ball spin so it curves the same amount each time, most kicks I see move in one direction at least a little.

I watched vids of Carlson all PS and TC and he tends to draw the ball just as Crosby did

https://www.google.com/search?q=do+most ... flight&sca

you should be completely familiar with Magnus, your a helicopter pilot for goodness sakes :rotf:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ok, I'm watching but I skipped the pre-game.

Between the assumed Rodgers love-fest and the 9/11 tributes that always rub me the wrong way in commercial settings, I couldn't do the pre-game.

But I have to see the Bills and Jets play.

Also, I'm in a fantasy league where we're separated by 0.2 points and I have Rodgers and they have Allen as the final two players.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

B I L L S. Bills Bills Bills !! :rotf:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Rodgers holds the ball, holds the ball, holds the ball, sacked.

Down on the field.

Exiting the game

We need that 65%!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

How much are they paying AROD?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Karma? Did i do this?
Attachments
F95A33D3-30EC-47E9-90C9-587EE4F5B064.jpeg
F95A33D3-30EC-47E9-90C9-587EE4F5B064.jpeg (798.52 KiB) Viewed 319 times

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I want that draft pick! Get your butt back out there Rodgers! :munch:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 19:26
Rodgers holds the ball, holds the ball, holds the ball, sacked.

Down on the field.

Exiting the game

We need that 65%!
Man wide open over the middle, didn’t want to throw to him.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 08:23
Now lets get 100% of snaps for Rodgers and a Jets L. :banana:
100% already out of the question

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Didn’t see anything obvious on the sack. Hopefully he gets his butt back out there.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

ahhhhhh No, they hurt our boy, geesh :rotf: he's going to get killed sitting there in that pocket like that.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

LOOK AT WOODY JOHNSON'S DIAMOND-ENCRUSTED "WOODY" NECKLACE OMG

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I suppose a high R2 pick wouldn’t be so bad either….