2020 General Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Something to keep in mind. Who would you grab at 27?
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
21m
If Green Bay moves up in the draft, just put in black sharpie that it’s probably a trade with Seattle. Seattle has moved out of their initial 1st round draft slot for 8 consecutive years, including the last two seasons when they’ve traded down with... the Packers.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
15 Apr 2020 20:51
Something to keep in mind. Who would you grab at 27?
Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
·
21m
If Green Bay moves up in the draft, just put in black sharpie that it’s probably a trade with Seattle. Seattle has moved out of their initial 1st round draft slot for 8 consecutive years, including the last two seasons when they’ve traded down with... the Packers.
I could see the Packers possibly jumping the Ravens to get a LB but after signing Kirksey I don’t think they want to get a LB. The organization just wrongly doesn’t value the position.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Did a mock with a trade up scenario where a notable guy fell. Did several other trades. There are gaps for sure (DL), but I found it interesting.

1.27 Jedrick Wills Jr. - OT Alabama
2.62 Michael Pittman Jr. - WR USC
3.94 Ashtyn Davis - S CAL
5.155 Alex Taylor - OT South Carolina State
6.182 Lavert Hill - CB Michigan
6.209 Joshua Kelley - RB UCLA
6.215 Isaiah Hodgins - WR Oregon State
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I feel like Josh Kelley is both a bargain at RB and a useless addition to our team. I feel like he's a Jamaal Williams, not an Aaron Jones, and we certainly don't need to double up on the less effective RB model. It's good to have a safe, reliable back on the roster. It's a waste to have two, rather than more of an explosive, playmaking model

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Apr 2020 09:29
I feel like Josh Kelley is both a bargain at RB and a useless addition to our team. I feel like he's a Jamaal Williams, not an Aaron Jones, and we certainly don't need to double up on the less effective RB model. It's good to have a safe, reliable back on the roster. It's a waste to have two, rather than more of an explosive, playmaking model
I get that. But in the 6th, doesn't it matter that much? He'll probably sit on the PS for a year and replace Jamaal the year after.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
16 Apr 2020 09:40
YoHoChecko wrote:
I get that. But in the 6th, doesn't it matter that much? He'll probably sit on the PS for a year and replace Jamaal the year after.
I guess it depends. In the 6th are Levante Bellamy or Jamycal Hasty available? Higher risk, each of them, but different role too. I get that we have three 6th round picks and this late most guys are longshots, but I'd rather take a longshot than a safer option with no role until the next year; Just take Jamaal Williams' replacement on Day 3 in 2021--assuming Dexter Williams isn't already that guy. I'm just a lot more concerned with trying to find Aaron Jonesish guys this year than Jamaal Williamsish guys. Take as many swings as it takes, ya know?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Apr 2020 09:48
paco wrote:
16 Apr 2020 09:40
YoHoChecko wrote:
I guess it depends. In the 6th are Levante Bellamy or Jamycal Hasty available? Higher risk, each of them, but different role too. I get that we have three 6th round picks and this late most guys are longshots, but I'd rather take a longshot than a safer option with no role until the next year; Just take Jamaal Williams' replacement on Day 3 in 2021--assuming Dexter Williams isn't already that guy. I'm just a lot more concerned with trying to find Aaron Jonesish guys this year than Jamaal Williamsish guys. Take as many swings as it takes, ya know?
I completely agree with your last point. At that point in this mock those 2 guys weren't available. Honestly Kelley's name was the only one I recognized as a possible fit for us at all. So there may have been a more Jones type there, but I wasn't sure.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Both Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones are free agents after this season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Apr 2020 10:04
Yes and one of them is difficult to replace and the other is not.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Apr 2020 10:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Apr 2020 10:04
Yes and one of them is difficult to replace and the other is not.
Ironic. I would say it is harder to find an Aaron Jones, no doubt, but I wouldn't say it will be easy to replace Jamaal Williams either. I for one wouldn't mind using a 6th round pick to replace either.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Apr 2020 18:34

Added a consensus Big Board with Combine measurements and times.

I added the RAS scores, if you're into that kind of thing. :P

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sweet! Thank you!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
16 Apr 2020 10:22
I added the RAS scores, if you're into that kind of thing.
We know Brian Gutekunst is.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I would like to get more draft site rankings on there if someone can find easily copied or downloaded rankings from PFF or NFL.com that would be great!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
16 Apr 2020 10:26
BF004 wrote:
Whew, Dalton Keene! Nice 6th round pickup for a versatile TEish guy with some elite athleticism according to RAS. He's my second choice to Josiah Deguara for a later-round TE, but maybe he should be first.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'll take Matt Brock and Donnie Davey any day of the week. :P

Man, I feel like the Khyri Thornton pick you just knew like 3 seconds after we took him it just didn't have a chance.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
16 Apr 2020 11:38
I'll take Matt Brock and Donnie Davey any day of the week. :P

Man, I feel like the Khyri Thornton pick you just knew like 3 seconds after we took him it just didn't have a chance.
now ya know why I hate picking DL end of first till end of 3rd round or so, we suck at it.

lots of mockers have us taking Blahlock (SP) that SOB could go to Jacksonville and become a HOFer, but if he comes to the Packers he's bound to trip on a banana peel and lose his rookie season, or hit a blocking sled and have a career ender, we are snake bit when taking DL.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
16 Apr 2020 10:26
BF004 wrote:
Here's an RAS-based mock I threw together using the average draft positions listed on the big board y'all (23) put together.
image.png
image.png (23.16 KiB) Viewed 373 times

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Draft capital per team: