Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I have never seen McCaffrey play. That seems like franchise back, HOF level money. Is he really that good?? :shock:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Captain_Ben wrote:
15 Apr 2020 11:55
I have never seen McCaffrey play. That seems like franchise back, HOF level money. Is he really that good?? :shock:
So far. yes. He's the face of the Panthers right now.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

He’s only 23 years old too.. still 4-6 great years left in him. He’s freaking fantastic.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

His game might age very well too.

He might not get the 1,000 yard rushing seasons for long, but he’s such a good route runner. He’ll be a better version of Darren Sproles well into his 30’s, imo.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Gunzaan wrote:
15 Apr 2020 15:49
Dumb teams do dumb things. In this case its true on each side.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bucs looking to trade OJ Howard. Don't know why they held on to him this last year. I'll give up our 4th all day every day for him.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

paco wrote:
15 Apr 2020 18:59
Bucs looking to trade OJ Howard. Don't know why they held on to him this last year. I'll give up our 4th all day every day for him.
Yah, Bruce Arians just flat out doesn’t use TEs, never has, never will. I’m surprised they wouldn’t at least try to use him with Brady though. I’d love to see him in a Packers uniform, he has the potential to be really good.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/i ... sitive-for
Los Angeles Rams center Brian Allen has become the first NFL player confirmed to have contracted the novel coronavirus, Fox Sports reported Thursday.

Allen told the network's Jay Glazer that he tested positive for the virus three weeks ago and tested positive again early last week. He said he lost his senses of taste and smell, and experienced by flu-like symptoms.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Did PFT wait 24 hours and talk up the big news they had like Glazer did? :lol: What an idiot.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
16 Apr 2020 17:13
Did PFT wait 24 hours and talk up the big news they had like Glazer did? :lol: What an idiot.
Glazer is way past his prime as a breaking source.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bears also released Trey Burton. If he'll come cheap, he's a worthy guy to sign. Would be a solid pairing with Sternberger.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

paco wrote:
17 Apr 2020 18:24
Bears also released Trey Burton. If he'll come cheap, he's a worthy guy to sign. Would be a solid pairing with Sternberger.
I’d be severely disappointed if the Packers even thought about signing him. Not only does he suck but he quit on the Bears before a playoff game..... because of anxiety. Now I’m not trying to make fun of anxiety but I don’t want to see that crap on the Packers.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Gunzaan wrote:
17 Apr 2020 18:33
paco wrote:
17 Apr 2020 18:24
I’d be severely disappointed if the Packers even thought about signing him. Not only does he suck but he quit on the Bears before a playoff game..... because of anxiety. Now I’m not trying to make fun of anxiety but I don’t want to see that crap on the Packers.
Some tried to blame that as the cause, but according to him, anyway, it was a groin injury.
At one point during the Chicago Bears regular season, tight end Trey Burton admitted anxiety played into him not being the passer on a trick play down near the goal line. Burton was surprisingly added to Chicago's injury report the night before the Wild Card playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles, prompting some to wonder what caused the late addition. Head coach Matt Nagy said after Chicago's loss on Sunday that Burton woke up with a groin injury on Saturday morning and the team had to make the decision to not activate him on Sunday.

Burton met with the media on Monday morning and noted he does not think his anxiety issues had anything to do with what happened over the weekend.

“I was in a really good spot mentally going into this game,” Burton said, via JJ Stankevitz of NBC Sports Chicago. “I was extremely excited to play my former team. And obviously a playoff game as well. I was really looking forward to competing with those guys that I played with for four years. I don’t think — you know, I thought about it. I just don’t think it had anything mentally to do with it. But, it’s over now.”
https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears ... 127460928/

Read More. Post Less.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

He might have been cut right now partly because of injury and partly because of $$$ but he quit on the Bears for a playoff game because of anxiety.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Gunzaan wrote:
17 Apr 2020 19:09
He might have been cut right now partly because of injury and partly because of $$$ but he quit on the Bears for a playoff game because of anxiety.
I'll let you argue with Trey Burton. Just pointing out what he said and what the team backed up.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Gunzaan wrote:
17 Apr 2020 18:12
Boy, was he a disappointment! Perhaps they'll try him at guard...?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Possible 4th comp if worth anything.