What Are You Watching?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Gunzaan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 19:07
TheGreenMan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 19:05
Gunzaan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 18:47

Last Kingdom is such a guilty pleasure!

Dark is in German so subtitles or dubbed in English. The dubbing is actually pretty good. It’s such a good show, it seems a bit overwhelming at first but they do a great job of keeping such a complex subject pretty simple and fairly easy to follow along to.
Wasn't aware that it had a dub version. For me I think it takes away from the.... art? I prefer movies in it's original form, I have no problem reading subtitles.
I agree but the little lady won’t watch anything in subtitles so dubbed it is :shock:
I got mine to watch Pan's Labyrinth, and she enjoyed it. It shouldn't be a problem, but first I have to convince her not to watch DownTON Abbey. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

I guess I shouldn’t have introduced her to subtitles with anime!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Gunzaan wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
Gunzaan wrote:
01 Jul 2020 18:47

Last Kingdom is such a guilty pleasure!

Dark is in German so subtitles or dubbed in English. The dubbing is actually pretty good. It’s such a good show, it seems a bit overwhelming at first but they do a great job of keeping such a complex subject pretty simple and fairly easy to follow along to.
Wasn't aware that it had a dub version. For me I think it takes away from the.... art? I prefer movies in it's original form, I have no problem reading subtitles.
I agree but the little lady won’t watch anything in subtitles so dubbed it is :shock:
I just hate missing facial nuances and other things while reading subtitles. It’s doable but not preferable.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

APB wrote:
01 Jul 2020 21:17
Gunzaan wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

I just hate missing facial nuances and other things while reading subtitles. It’s doable but not preferable.
Also the only other downside of it is that you have to be paying attention. You can't pick up your phone to post on Packers-huddle. :mrgreen:
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Started watching Quantico on Netflix (used to be on ABC, ended two years ago). It is only 2.5 seasons and I am halfway through. I love spy movies: the Bourne movies (first three especially) and MI (last three especially, 1 was good, too). It is pretty good for a TV drama. And Priyanka Chopra... :heart:

Also excited for Big Brother starting Aug 5. This will be Season 22, and only the second All-Stars season (other was season 7 in 2006). Season 20 was good, otherwise they have mostly been "meh" to bad since Season 10 in 2008 (season 14 in 2012 had a good second half). But been watching since 2002 with my wife (new girlfriend then), it is one of our things. But the first 10 seasons, except for 1, 4, and 9, are exceptional tv (can watch on CBS All Access).

Anyone else watch these?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Jul 2020 23:02
Started watching Quantico on Netflix (used to be on ABC, ended two years ago). It is only 2.5 seasons and I am halfway through. I love spy movies: the Bourne movies (first three especially) and MI (last three especially, 1 was good, too). It is pretty good for a TV drama. And Priyanka Chopra... :heart:

Also excited for Big Brother starting Aug 5. This will be Season 22, and only the second All-Stars season (other was season 7 in 2006). Season 20 was good, otherwise they have mostly been "meh" to bad since Season 10 in 2008 (season 14 in 2012 had a good second half). But been watching since 2002 with my wife (new girlfriend then), it is one of our things. But the first 10 seasons, except for 1, 4, and 9, are exceptional tv (can watch on CBS All Access).

Anyone else watch these?
Never have. Season 22 of Big Brother, huh? I guess that shows how insulated I am from the network TV line-ups. I don't even know what the premise is. It's really good?

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Wife on a 90 Day Fiancé run. I usually fall asleep within 5 mins.
RIP JustJeff

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

In the last few weeks, my wife and I did all seasons of "Ozark" so far. And then "Money Heist". Both good and worth the time.

Watched "The Last Full Measure" the other night. About an Air Force PJ in Vietnam finally awarded the Medal of Honor after32 years.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BTW, the next time you hear someone make fun of us Air Force guys, show em this.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Big Brother premiered Wed night. It is an All Star season, only 2nd ever and other one was in 2006 (season 7). This is a pretty good cast. I expected all players from the last 5 years, I am pleasantly surprised it isn't.

Rumors are several people declined (season 16 winner Derrick, season 10 winner and season 14 runner up Dan,cseason 12 winner Hayden) that are IMO the 5th (Derrick) and 2nd (Dan) best players respectively in the previous 21 seasons. Janelle is one of the houseguests, 3rd place in both seasons 6 and 7, and got blindsided in season 14. She is 3rd best player ever, IMO.

Also two of the previous 4 seasons winners (Kayce and Josh) supposedly tested positive for COVID and were cut from the show, even delaying it a week. Tyler came in 2nd to Kayce on that season because of a bitter jury, and Josh is the 2nd or 3rd worst winner out of 21 seasons, so them not being on is no loss to me. Tyler is on this season, hope he does well.

Next episode is Sunday night.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Last night I watched The Wrong Missy- a new movie on Netflix. It's produced by Adam Sandler's company. Thought it was hilarious- one of the funniest I've seen in a long long time!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Captain_Ben wrote:
09 Aug 2020 16:52
Last night I watched The Wrong Missy- a new movie on Netflix. It's produced by Adam Sandler's company. Thought it was hilarious- one of the funniest I've seen in a long long time!
We watched that about a month ago when it first was released. I like the Sandler movies on Netflix, both ones he is in and produces. Thought the last one about the murders on the boat with Jennifer Aniston was really good.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

wallyuwl wrote:
09 Aug 2020 16:56
Captain_Ben wrote:
09 Aug 2020 16:52
We watched that about a month ago when it first was released. I like the Sandler movies on Netflix, both ones he is in and produces. Thought the last one about the murders on the boat with Jennifer Aniston was really good.
I'll have to check that one out. Yeah his movies are great. I like that there aren't any passive aggressive political digs in his scripts, which is becoming more rare for Netflix programming. Just pure comedy, it's wholesome.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NCF wrote:
24 Mar 2020 16:33
Anyone watch Cobra Kai? Sounds like Season 3 is going to be held up by the virus.

Seasons 1 & 2 coming to Netflix in a little over a week. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

Read More. Post Less.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

I gave Hannibal a shot and after the first 2-3 episodes, it really picks up.. I think I ended up watching 6 of them last night, haha 😆

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Just finished Dark this past weekend. That show was a real mind twister. Three seasons worth watching despite the dubbing to English.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2020 12:24
NCF wrote:
24 Mar 2020 16:33
Anyone watch Cobra Kai? Sounds like Season 3 is going to be held up by the virus.
Seasons 1 & 2 coming to Netflix in a little over a week. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

I saw they were bringing it over to Netflix. Literally the ONLY YouTube Original that was worth a damn and now it's not exclusive anymore. And Google wonders why they can't get anyone to subscribe. :messedup:
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m on a weeklong amazon prime trial and I just binged season one of “the boys” over the last few days. Show is nuts, in a good way. Very Mature Audience. Gore, some sex, and bad words. So I wouldn’t watch it with the kiddos. But it was a great show. I thought all the actors did great in their roles, and the story was deep and had so many plot twists and surprises. Season 2 drops sept 4. I recommend “The Boys”. :aok:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Aug 2020 23:54
I’m on a weeklong amazon prime trial and I just binged season one of “the boys” over the last few days. Show is nuts, in a good way. Very Mature Audience. Gore, some sex, and bad words. So I wouldn’t watch it with the kiddos. But it was a great show. I thought all the actors did great in their roles, and the story was deep and had so many plot twists and surprises. Season 2 drops sept 4. I recommend “The Boys”. :aok:
Great show. I hate super hero stuff anymore with how it’s all played out by now but this was a different spin and it was refreshing.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Season 5 of Lucifer just came out.

One of the last shows I’ve watched, I’ll have to get back into that at some point.