Post Season Awards

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:01
Agree, I don’t know the definition of the award.

What Aldon Smith in-particular did is remarkable, regardless of why he was out.
Yeah, I agree, but I think there is an unwritten rule, I don't know how to classify it, either, but regardless of how impressive it is that they are back or how they performed, Aldon Smith and Antonio Brown deserve no consideration for the Turd rule. Roethlisberger, sure nice story, no problem if he wins in a given year, but all that pales in comparison this year to Alex Smith just stepping foot on the field. I don't know how he isn't a shoe-in... pun half intended because he almost didn't have a foot to put in said shoe.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

It should go to Alex Smith for even being upright. Screw the other guys.

And also, I still hear talk of people putting Mahomes ahead of Rodgers for MVP. I swear they're going to rob him.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind of think Teddy Bridgewater deserves some more credit for his comeback. Even if he only worked his way back to what he was, a top 25 QB.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:58
Kind of think Teddy Bridgewater deserves some more credit for his comeback. Even if he only worked his way back to what he was, a top 25 QB.
I'd take him over Alex if it came to it, but I still think Smith should get it.

I'll puke if they give it to Big Ben.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Green Bay Packers annually get the NFL Post Season Award for the most valid list of deserving players not yet selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Lavvie Dilweg, Verne Llewellen, Billy Howton, Jack Vainisi, Gale Gillingham, Sterling Sharpe, Leroy Butler.

Note: Assumes Charles Woodson will get in on this upcoming first ballot. Great hopes continue to endure for Leroy Butler getting in this time as well.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 09 Jan 2021 08:59, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I vote for Alex Smith for Comeback Player and for Ron Rivera for Coach of the Year.

Of course Aaron Rodgers for MVP.

Aaron Rodgers for Offensive Player of the Year (can't ignore his insane Passer Rating and # of TD passes)

DPOY: Aaron Donald
OROY: Justin Jefferson (Minnesota Vikings WR)
DROY: Chase Young (Washington DE)

Executive: I have no clue. It's certainly not anyone in Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, Dallas, Philadelphia, New York ....... :hail:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 09 Jan 2021 09:03, edited 2 times in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Rodgers deserves every award. MVP- Rodgers. OPOY- Rodgers. DPOY- I don’t care if he doesn’t play defense it’s Rodgers.

The only thing he can’t win is comeback player of the year because he never left baby. God mode.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheGreenMan wrote:
08 Jan 2021 14:48

And also, I still hear talk of people putting Mahomes ahead of Rodgers for MVP. I swear they're going to rob him.
Since the 2007 season, the quarterback who was first-team All-Pro also won the MVP award in all but one instance. That was 2012 when Denver’s Peyton Manning finished second to Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson, who collected 30 1/2 votes. Peterson finished that season with 2,097 yards rushing.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
09 Jan 2021 08:29
TheGreenMan wrote:

Since the 2007 season, the quarterback who was first-team All-Pro also won the MVP award in all but one instance. That was 2012 when Denver’s Peyton Manning finished second to Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson, who collected 30 1/2 votes. Peterson finished that season with 2,097 yards rushing.
Manning was decent that year. 37 TDs to 11 picks. AP deserved that one. That was a god awful Vikings offense he dragged to the playoffs.

I don’t think the Henry stuff translates. He had a great year but it’s unfortunate it came when you had the 2nd greatest QB performance of all time in the same year. And it’s only 2nd because the best year of all time is also Rodgers.

What a legend.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Jan 2021 09:16
Pugger wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

Manning was decent that year. 37 TDs to 11 picks. AP deserved that one. That was a god awful Vikings offense he dragged to the playoffs.

I don’t think the Henry stuff translates. He had a great year but it’s unfortunate it came when you had the 2nd greatest QB performance of all time in the same year. And it’s only 2nd because the best year of all time is also Rodgers.

What a legend.
Amen
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't like your draft much Lupe, just the sight of it upsets me :rotf:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Jan 2021 09:16
Pugger wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

What a legend.
Yes, AP deserved it. I was just posting that I found only one incident since 2007 when the first team All-Pro QB didn't also win the MVP.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Mitch Trubisky the league's first NVP: Nickelodeon's Valuable Player

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Dec 2020 12:05
Executive of the Year: Tampa, Buffalo, Washington (I know it's people not teams, but I'm feeling lazy)
I'm going to make it official: my vote is Jason Licht, Tampa Bay
Additions this year
  • Tom Brady
  • Gronk
  • Antonio Brown
  • Tristin Wirfs
  • Antoine Winfield, Jr.