Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Wentz may have been a victim of a poor supporting cast, but stuff like that also ruins otherwise good players (loss of confidence is a QB killer). Now he just flat-out does not look good, and I have a hard time imagining he will turn things around in Chicago.

Like, maybe if he had gone back to Frank Reich in Indy, I could have seen it happen. Chicago, though? Yeah, I don't think so. :twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Rumored Tarik Cohen is involved too.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
06 Feb 2021 21:15
Wentz may have been a victim of a poor supporting cast, but stuff like that also ruins otherwise good players (loss of confidence is a QB killer). Now he just flat-out does not look good, and I have a hard time imagining he will turn things around in Chicago.

Like, maybe if he had gone back to Frank Reich in Indy, I could have seen it happen. Chicago, though? Yeah, I don't think so. :twisted:
Idk. If he doesnt get hurt the year they won the SB (2018?) he would have likely won MVP. I dont think QBs that young go from MVP to bad. This will be a big upgrade from Turd Biscuit.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Feb 2021 22:34
Labrev wrote:
06 Feb 2021 21:15

But he did. He was abysmal this year. Doesn't mean he can't regain what he had. But what will Chicago give him to work with?

Idk. If he doesnt get hurt the year they won the SB (2018?) he would have likely won MVP. I dont think QBs that young go from MVP to bad. This will be a big upgrade from Turd Biscuit.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Leroy Butler disrespected again. John Lynch first?! In what world?

Chalres Woodson inducted. If it wasnt for his time in GB he likely doesnt make it. Great to see him get in.

Im shocked Calvin gets in so early. I didnt think he had the longevity. No doubt the most physically gifted WR to ever play the game but only 9 seasons played and 7 1000 yard seasons.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah, I don’t think Wentz is as bad as he has been playing.

That said if we are blaming his supporting cast, he is going to have a worse one in Chicago, gunna lose Robinson, sound like including another offensive player in the trade and a 1st round pick.

Chicago where QBs go to die. This round will be no different.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Feb 2021 22:48

Leroy Butler disrespected again. John Lynch first?! In what world?

Chalres Woodson inducted. If it wasnt for his time in GB he likely doesnt make it. Great to see him get in.

Im shocked Calvin gets in so early. I didnt think he had the longevity. No doubt the most physically gifted WR to ever play the game but only 9 seasons played and 7 1000 yard seasons.
With Lynch and Atwater in, Leroy most likely gets in at some point. Stupid he's not before them.

If Calvin Johnson is a 1st ballot guy, the why the hell is Sterling Sharpe not in at all? :messedup:

Good for Woodson. Deserves it.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Lynch over Butler is pure poppycock! :evil:

Happy that Woodson got in, and I don't have an issue with Johnson; he was that good.

Yes, Sharpe should be in considering guys like CJ, Terrell Davis, and Gale Sayers are.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I get why Sharpe isn't in. He wasn't the best receiver of his "era." Only playing 7 seasons is also going to ding him.

Butler should without a doubt get in.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

HOF monitor has Lynch at 75.8 40th among DBs. Butler is at 97.8 20th best rating for DBs. Average among DB HOFers is 106.

Lynch is the 4th lowest DB in the hall.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

There's a gleam. RIP Marty.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Media has spent 3 days systematically tearing down Patrick Mahomes (at least it's not Aaron) while Brady is hailed for drunkenly throwing the Lombardi Trophy over open water. Sounds about right.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Mike Pettine hired by...you guessed it...the Chicago Bears! He’s their new Senior Defensive Consultant or some mumbo jumbo title. They can have him...

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pretty good information. Tanking is here to stay in the NFL.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

NCF wrote:
09 Feb 2021 08:27
There's a gleam. RIP Marty.

Nobody but nobody (except maybe cats and dogs) passes away peacefully. The best we can hope for is that it does not take long.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
10 Feb 2021 17:26
Mike Pettine hired by...you guessed it...the Chicago Bears! He’s their new Senior Defensive Consultant or some mumbo jumbo title. They can have him...
Well, maybe this means that Chicago will have a passive defense and the Packers can dink and dunk them up and down the field all day.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
That honestly kinda sucks. He will have very good intel on MLF's offense, which is probably the only real part of his job. I can see this making them a bit more of a nuissance.
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
11 Feb 2021 08:39
APB wrote:
That honestly kinda sucks. He will have very good intel on MLF's offense, which is probably the only real part of his job. I can see this making them a bit more of a nuissance.
Matt always seems to hate it when I only rushed 3, must be his weakness. We should definitely do that like every play against them.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

This also is a definite FU to the Packers. If you respect the team, you avoid going to divisional rivals. With how quickly he took this job, you will not convince me that this is not personal.

He's probably butthurt about what the fans (rightly) said about him and MLF holding him accountable.
—Magneto

bobsacamano
Reactions:

Post by bobsacamano »

get ready for the JJ Watt to Gb talk now!