Real Estate

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

TitleTown District is starting to advertise rentals around Lambeau Field, all close enough to see stadium and walk to game

rental prices seem a bit on the high side...but the townhouses on Brookwood went for $ 1 Million...sheesh

Rents start at $1,395 per month for a 438-square-foot studio apartment. The 1,481-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-bath units rent for $3,495 a month.

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/st ... 289176002/
IT. IS. TIME

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

BSA wrote:
19 Apr 2021 17:08
TitleTown District is starting to advertise rentals around Lambeau Field, all close enough to see stadium and walk to game

rental prices seem a bit on the high side...but the townhouses on Brookwood went for $ 1 Million...sheesh

Rents start at $1,395 per month for a 438-square-foot studio apartment. The 1,481-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-bath units rent for $3,495 a month.

Geez. That's like more expensive rent than downtown Austin, which is like the hottest area in the country

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Now that the country is starting to open up, I believe I am noticing that the real estate market is beginning to loosen up. By loosen, I mean the asking prices are starting to ease up .......... And the concept of paying $25K to $50K above appraisals is going away as well.

Question: Are others seeing things this way, or are there other forces out there?

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

texas wrote:
19 Apr 2021 21:59
BSA wrote:
19 Apr 2021 17:08

Geez. That's like more expensive rent than downtown Austin, which is like the hottest area in the country
Now, literally. :lol:
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
03 Jul 2021 20:30
Now that the country is starting to open up, I believe I am noticing that the real estate market is beginning to loosen up. By loosen, I mean the asking prices are starting to ease up .......... And the concept of paying $25K to $50K above appraisals is going away as well.

Question: Are others seeing things this way, or are there other forces out there?
National Home Inventory is sitting around 2.5 months right now, up from 2.4 in April. National Home Price Index was up around 15% from April. &%$@ is still selling right quick. Of course your local market is just that, local. Keep in mind people are buying school districts as much as they are housing. And a lot of the upward pressure is coming from the low rate on mortgages --- 275K at 2.5% = 1000 a month, but 275 at 5% = 1500.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
05 Jul 2021 14:04
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

National Home Inventory is sitting around 2.5 months right now, up from 2.4 in April. National Home Price Index was up around 15% from April. &%$@ is still selling right quick. Of course your local market is just that, local. Keep in mind people are buying school districts as much as they are housing. And a lot of the upward pressure is coming from the low rate on mortgages --- 275K at 2.5% = 1000 a month, but 275 at 5% = 1500.
Getting married beginning of August, then hopefully will buy a house beginning of 2022. Hopefully the inventory of houses continues to rise.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Good luck with the prices. This house is just like mine in style. Only they don't have an updated kitchen, The baths are about even quality-wise. But I have a bigger pool. A year ago I could have asked $260,000 and sold in about 3 months. Today I could ask $400,000 for mine and have it sold in weeks. Down here in FL we are seeing a lot of people coming down from the NE and buying. They can sell up there and buy down here and have money left over and no mortgage.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/620- ... 4394_zpid/?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

I mean yeah, but the difference probably more like $1100 a month be $1500 a month. Still major difference, but definitely not 2:1.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jul 2021 09:08
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

I mean yeah, but the difference probably more like $1100 a month be $1500 a month. Still major difference, but definitely not 2:1.
Wow ......... I looked back and noticed my erroneous post regarding the real estate market potentially loosening up was written last July. I guess it was wishful thinking.
Now look at the real estate situation. Inflation, material shortages, supply chain, energy costs ......... blah blah blah has caused housing (and rent) prices to continuously rise past what was already skyrocketed, while on top of that 30 year mortgage interest rates are up around 2.5% compared to July, 2021.

Does anyone have a good idea where real estate taxes will be at the end of 2022? I'm more worried about the rental crisis putting the squeeze on the consumer than the home purchase prices and real estate tax fees. Thoughts!