Packer 2022 Defense Thoughts

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

If you can't back up trash talk by beating your opponent consistently your opponents will laugh at you, wont take you seriously and will probably cheap shot ya if they can get away with it, thats how that &%$@ works, even more so if your team sucks, talking smack only works when you and the team are good.

and that is a whole different thing from getting your team mates inspired, Rodgers climbing on young rookie receivers to do better is noticed by every member of the team.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Aug 2022 15:25
If you can't back up trash talk by beating your opponent consistently your opponents will laugh at you, wont take you seriously and will probably cheap shot ya if they can get away with it, thats how that &%$@ works, even more so if your team sucks, talking smack only works when you and the team are good.

and that is a whole different thing from getting your team mates inspired, Rodgers climbing on young rookie receivers to do better is noticed by every member of the team.
100%, talking trash only has some affect until you get popped in the mouth and can respond. If you suck, your trash talking is laughable. Even then, these are a select few guys who are on that field, it's rarely if ever going to phase the opponent. Pretty much every starter in the NFL is confident in their ability and trash talk from an opponent isn't going phase them. The only thing it may serve is to pump up your teammates, but even then that only serves if you can back it up.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Mike and Brandon agreeing?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
17 Aug 2022 16:31
Mike and Brandon agreeing?

I know!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
09 Aug 2022 12:50
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
08 Aug 2022 16:15
I'll change up the subject for Yoho: I'm officially horny for this defense.
If a #3 OLB steps up, I might explode.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Aug 2022 14:52
NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2022 14:04
lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Aug 2022 13:01
Douglas was apparently yelling at Jarvis Landry who used to play for the Browns which was the same game Douglas had two picks in. He told him things don’t change just because you change jerseys.

6/10 for trash talk.
I do think you are on to something that the defense needed this. I remember back a few years and this was one of the most lifeless units in the NFL. Just everyone standing there with their hands on their hips after every play. Jaire, Z, and Preston really started to reinvigorate the swagger and now it seems like it's contagious throughout the entire unit.
When I was a young stud phenom I talked massive amounts of &%$@. Football, basketball, beer pong, chess, whatever. Football I played corner and every time I lined up across from a receiver I asked him if his daddy knows hes playing with the big boys because his momma found out last night. I still play basketball every weekend even though I'm trash but whoever I'm guarding I'm in their ear the entire time about how sorry they are. When I was a young chess player I used to go to tournaments and snatch peoples pieces and ask them in the most disrespectful tone "What is this Christmas?" I would take their queens and hold it up over my head and act like I licked the bottom and told them I just took their bitch.

Gotta get in peoples heads. I would say 90% of people get too emotional and cant rise to the occasion to prove someone wrong in the moment. Bunch of bums. Me, I got ice water in the veins.

Dude wtf, you talked trash IN CHESS?? 😂
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
17 Aug 2022 16:46
lupedafiasco wrote:
When I was a young stud phenom I talked massive amounts of &%$@. Football, basketball, beer pong, chess, whatever. Football I played corner and every time I lined up across from a receiver I asked him if his daddy knows hes playing with the big boys because his momma found out last night. I still play basketball every weekend even though I'm trash but whoever I'm guarding I'm in their ear the entire time about how sorry they are. When I was a young chess player I used to go to tournaments and snatch peoples pieces and ask them in the most disrespectful tone "What is this Christmas?" I would take their queens and hold it up over my head and act like I licked the bottom and told them I just took their bitch.

Gotta get in peoples heads. I would say 90% of people get too emotional and cant rise to the occasion to prove someone wrong in the moment. Bunch of bums. Me, I got ice water in the veins.

Dude wtf, you talked trash IN CHESS?? 😂
This post belongs in the lupe Hall of Fame.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So what are we thinking about this Kobe Jones person, actually, though?

Obviously Gary and Preston are the top 2. Enegbare is both a roster lock and has really been coming on in practices and preseason.

We likely keep at least one more, probably 2 more. Garvin has been hanging around. Hamilton has flashed but is he injured? Where'd he go? Galiea flashes a ton as a rusher and seems to be involved, though not a standout, in ST.

Do y'all have favorites? I've been rooting for Galeia for a while now, but I'm not particularly sold.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I like Galiea, but I'm concerned he can't hold up against the run.

Hamilton is interesting but I haven't heard a peep about him lately.

I guess as of now, I would roll with Garvin as #3 and Enegbare as #4 with Jones on the PS.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
18 Aug 2022 12:39
I like Galiea, but I'm concerned he can't hold up against the run.

Hamilton is interesting but I haven't heard a peep about him lately.

I guess as of now, I would roll with Garvin as #3 and Enegbare as #4 with Jones on the PS.
Co-sign.

I am a bit of a traits guy as well and so I rather keep working on Garvin, who's got some nice athletic ability, than Hamilton, who is underwhelming in that department. Tipa doesn't have numbers but he has a nice frame and is said to be a pretty good athlete.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Am so much looking forward to seeing the 2022 Defense on the field during the first series of the home opener versus Da Bears. How about less than 50 yards of total Bears offense in the first half? The energy transferred by the defense to the fans in attendance should cause some serious decibels.

:kaboom:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Aug 2022 16:00
Am so much looking forward to seeing the 2022 Defense on the field during the first series of the home opener versus Da Bears. How about less than 50 yards of total Bears offense in the first half? The energy transferred by the defense to the fans in attendance should cause some serious decibels.

How about the Packers D outscoring the entire Bears team?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
19 Aug 2022 06:14
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

If the D can get a consistent pass rush (for a change) to rattle Fields ......... turnovers should be plentiful assuming no King-like plays occur and Savage lives up to his last name, everything should be A-OK :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Doesn’t even have to be the bears, I’d settle for our entire team simply scoring more points than any other team in the super bowl.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Aug 2022 06:20
TheSkeptic wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

If the D can get a consistent pass rush (for a change) to rattle Fields ......... turnovers should be plentiful assuming no King-like plays occur and Savage lives up to his last name, everything should be A-OK :aok:
I think Fields only played a series or two last week and went 6 for 8, with the Bears OL thats remarkable :dunno:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
19 Aug 2022 06:58
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

I think Fields only played a series or two last week and went 6 for 8, with the Bears OL thats remarkable :dunno:
Fields is nice
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
What are your expectations for "consistent pass rush"? The Packers were top 3 in defensive pressures last year. I'd say your "for a change" caveat is waaaaay outdated.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2022 14:04
lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Aug 2022 13:01
Douglas was apparently yelling at Jarvis Landry who used to play for the Browns which was the same game Douglas had two picks in. He told him things don’t change just because you change jerseys.

6/10 for trash talk.
I do think you are on to something that the defense needed this. I remember back a few years and this was one of the most lifeless units in the NFL. Just everyone standing there with their hands on their hips after every play. Jaire, Z, and Preston really started to reinvigorate the swagger and now it seems like it's contagious throughout the entire unit.

I have said it once, I'll continue to say it. Trash talk and chippy attitudes are a necessity in football. So much so that I would hire a coach specifically for that purpose. Someone get this guy a whistle and put him on the sideline.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
19 Aug 2022 10:20
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
What are your expectations for "consistent pass rush"? The Packers were top 3 in defensive pressures last year. I'd say your "for a change" caveat is waaaaay outdated.
Packers 2021 D was ranked 13th overall. Packers 2021 D ranked 15th in SACKS.
Expectations are based on the 1966 and 1996 Packers defensive performances. Might as well throw in the 1961 defense while we're at it :argue:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 19 Aug 2022 11:46, edited 2 times in total.