Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well we decided to picked up his option about 13 months ago. A lot has changed since then. Wasn’t a recent decision. And with our tight cap constraints and cap carryover. I’d definitely toss a low pick if someone who was willing to take that contract.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 May 2023 22:48
Ok y'all, I've about had it with Bakhtiari this offseason

Can you imagine being a wildly popular star football player and using your social media clout to publicly tag and insult the team's social media manager for a sub-par schedule release video?? Like COME ON. What are we doing here? That's just bully behavior. Totally unnecessary. He's being weird. He has feelings about the team and Rodgers and is acting out. I'm disappointed.
I again didn’t have an issue with it. Like his last 60 minute interview where everyone focused on his 3 second sentence of rebuilding without listening to the whole conversation. And ‘booty cheeks’? You know that’s gotta be lupe approved. :lol:

I appreciate the candidness. Thought it was funny and I agreed with him.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
13 May 2023 22:54
YoHoChecko wrote:
13 May 2023 22:48
Ok y'all, I've about had it with Bakhtiari this offseason

Can you imagine being a wildly popular star football player and using your social media clout to publicly tag and insult the team's social media manager for a sub-par schedule release video?? Like COME ON. What are we doing here? That's just bully behavior. Totally unnecessary. He's being weird. He has feelings about the team and Rodgers and is acting out. I'm disappointed.
I again didn’t have an issue with it. Like his last 60 minute interview where everyone focused on his 3 second sentence of rebuilding without listening to the whole conversation. And ‘booty cheeks’? You know that’s gotta be lupe approved. :lol:

I appreciate the candidness. Thought it was funny and I agreed with him.
It doesn't even matter if you agree with him. He tagged the social media manager, made fun of the product, and then chided the social media manager for not continuing to interact?

This is a mostly anonymous worker bee who probably makes like 80 grand a year getting made fun in the most public forum possible by a star player. All over a schedule release video that is irrelevant.

It's a dick move and a &%$@ thing to do to a human being. And it's a mean way to use your public reach. Why do you think the employee stopped engaging and "went way," as he said? Because a g.d. superstar was MAKING FUN OF HIM ONLINE.

The last interview had weird moments and weird takes but was, yes, blown out of proportion by the snippets, which I brought up but felt like it was a little weird, with context. This is a totally voluntary display of crappiness to a team employee.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
13 May 2023 22:49
Well we decided to picked up his option about 13 months ago. A lot has changed since then. Wasn’t a recent decision. And with our tight cap constraints and cap carryover. I’d definitely toss a low pick if someone who was willing to take that contract.
Owens being brought in signals that Amos is gone gone. It has nothing to do with Savage. We like really need savage. We gave him the 5th and aren’t bringing back Amos for a reason. Savage is a part of the plan, his play will determine his future contract situation.

Savage getting moved is in line with saying the jets are going to sit Rodgers over a draft pick.
Last edited by Drj820 on 13 May 2023 23:58, edited 2 times in total.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Biggest problem I have with Bahk is how he thinks anyone wants to hear him chirp about anything after practically stealing tens of millions dollars from the org, while giving them minimal return on their Investment over the last few years.

I’ve always assumed guy in his 30s who brags about chugging beers, rides around on golf carts during camp instead of doing rehab, and cracks joke about having the number 69 is probably a dbag. But he should be laying low and resume chirping AFTER a season of earning his contract.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
Ya lot has changed, we lost Adrian Amos.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
14 May 2023 15:20
BF004 wrote:
And resigned Ford and Leavitt and drafted Johnson and signed FA’s Moore and Owens.

Not sure what’s with the narrow focus on this one and why they needed to be said outloud.

My guess if they could go back in time and not pick up his 5th year option, they’d do it heart beat.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
14 May 2023 15:26
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
And resigned Ford and Leavitt and drafted Johnson and signed FA’s Moore and Owens.

Not sure what’s with the narrow focus on this one and why they needed to be said outloud.

My guess if they could go back in time and not pick up his 5th year option, they’d do it heart beat.
My guess is they knew they weren’t going to resign Amos and only wanted to fill one safety spot instead of 2.

Do you think any of those two fellas are better than savage?

And remember we are talking 8ish million, not 20.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
14 May 2023 15:30
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

My guess is they knew they weren’t going to resign Amos and only wanted to fill one safety spot instead of 2.

No, I don’t think any of these safeties are any good to be honest. I don’t expect any of these safeties to be on the team next year outside of Johnson and maybe Ford.

And yeah, $8M nothing to sneeze at. Id flip a 5th for a 7th if someone would take his contract without blinking. Could actually get a real FA next year with that carryover money.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
14 May 2023 16:13
Drj820 wrote:
14 May 2023 15:30
BF004 wrote:

No, I don’t think any of these safeties are any good to be honest. I don’t expect any of these safeties to be on the team next year outside of Johnson and maybe Ford.

And yeah, $8M nothing to sneeze at. Id flip a 5th for a 7th if someone would take his contract without blinking. Could actually get a real FA next year with that carryover money.
So we’ve had someone whose started for 4 years, we actively decided to give that player 8m to be on the team this year, the only other good safety on the team has now left, and you think the guy under contract who has started in the system is in danger of being shipped out of town…and not only that…we give up a draft pick to ship him out of town???

No other safety being any good elevates savages value to the team just for his experience alone, it doesn’t make him more expendable. He would be expendable if any of the two guys you mentioned were better than him.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

You are a very weird man to debate with, just in general, not just now. Take that for what you will. You keep hammering on this ‘we decided to keep him, so we must like him’ line of thinking.

We decided to keep him 13 months ago solely on potential, he wasn’t good in ‘21, he was worse in ‘22. We benched him last year, maybe 8 months after we decided to pick up that option? So no, that isn’t a guy you want to have at decent starter level money at his position.

I stand 100% by what I said, if someone would ask for a pick upgrade to take his contract, we’d do it in a heartbeat. At least I think we should.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
14 May 2023 18:40
You are a very weird man to debate with, just in general, not just now. Take that for what you will. You keep hammering on this ‘we decided to keep him, so we must like him’ line of thinking.

We decided to keep him 13 months ago solely on potential, he wasn’t good in ‘21, he was worse in ‘22. We benched him last year, maybe 8 months after we decided to pick up that option? So no, that isn’t a guy you want to have at decent starter level money at his position.

I stand 100% by what I said, if someone would ask for a pick upgrade to take his contract, we’d do it in a heartbeat. At least I think we should.
And I do not think we would give a 5th round pick to get rid of a starting safety when we do not have anyone better than him on the roster. Sorry that makes me weird.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Adams explains why he wanted his trade from GB:
https://clutchpoints.com/packers-news-d ... -green-bay
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
16 May 2023 16:57
Man, I wanted more form that.

I'm drunk. And it was a teensy bit of additional insight. But I wanted more.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 May 2023 19:44
BF004 wrote:
14 May 2023 18:40

And I do not think we would give a 5th round pick to get rid of a starting safety when we do not have anyone better than him on the roster. Sorry that makes me weird.
Savage had a melt down for a reason, we heard complaint from others, Johnny Gray is no longer here, I think some of the Savage issues could be wrapped up that he and Gray didn't click, I think though that deep safety may not be his gig, he had rave reviews in Pettines defense as the hybrid safety/star CB, I remember reading he was one of the top rated safety's towards the end of whatever season that was, I think 2020, kid has talent, just need to be able to use him in that fit.

and, who knows, that might not be what Barry ( who the heck would guess) wants to do it, so ya, peddle him, or maybe trade him for another natural born safety to add with Owens Johnson and the rest.

thing is Guty drafted Savage and had to trade up to do it, makes me think he'll be reluctant to get poor value in a trade, to me Savage is still worth more then we can get for him with last years play, just think he is better then what we got last season, and not from just him, I dont think any played as well as they had prior, and imo much of it was mental retardation, did I mention Johnny Gray is no longer our secondary coach lol. not to knock coach Gray as much as to say, to me it seemed that i saw a lot of confusion and poor communication amongst players and empty spaces in the secondary a lot, the only one to show actual physical decline was Amos, and losing both starting safety's in the same year, nah

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 May 2023 20:13
Labrev wrote:
Man, I wanted more form that.

I'm drunk. And it was a teensy bit of additional insight. But I wanted more.
that seemed like a repeat of a story I remember reading right here I think about 10 months ago, ya, nothing climatic, just a family decision.

I was happy for his season last year, he deserves it.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
16 May 2023 21:12
Goodness what fun! :beer2:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
From the article:
He wanted to be closer to his hometown of East Palo Alto, California. He says his quality of life has improved since moving back west. “It’s done a lot for me mentally.” He can go out with his family after a tough loss, or even play a round of golf, unencumbered by the cold as he would be in Green Bay. He can visit with his mom, enjoy her home-cooked meatloaf, one of his favorites.”
Palo Alto is an 8 hour drive from Vegas. Just sayin'.

Yeah, it's a lot closer than Green Bay but it's not like he can just swing by after practice for some meatloaf. That is, unless he's chartering a direct flight every time he gets a hankering for it.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, while he didn't say much and there may be more to the story, I do find these statements kind of bizarre.

He wanted to be able to cope with losses better? How about you stay with the coach/team that wasn't losing more than a handful of games a year?

It doesn't make much sense, which is why I think there could be more to the story. Or maybe the Old Guard really just had this loser mentality, which would explain why no SuperBowls.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto