Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 16:20
MY_TAKE wrote:
04 Dec 2023 15:54
This is more of a offense as a whole thought, but needs to be led by J. Love. The offense needs to make defenses pay when they blitz. Yes, alot goes into this, more than I know. This will take time, but there was a period of time that teams became fearful of blitzing Rodgers because he and the receivers would make them pay. Something to work on. Yeah I know I am nitpicking, but its sometimes the little things that can make you great.
Love has gone from panicking from the blitz to surviving the blitz. Next step is exploiting the blitz. We haven't gotten to that yet. Maybe next season he'll have a signal or few for hot route variations.
I would like to see the totals on this over the last month, but I contend that he has exploited the blitz.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Dang! Well at worst if it ramps up like that we will have cap to work with.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Id say somewhere between 45 and 50 is about right for APY.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://fb.watch/oKlY5Bukuq/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Colin on board, but can't bring himself to admit his wrongness.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

dsr wrote:
04 Dec 2023 18:42
bud fox wrote:
04 Dec 2023 02:21
Love was good we beat the chiefs.

It still felt like there could've been 3 ints. Agree with lupe in part. I don't see the arm of Favre but he has that desire to not see a play die.

Also our team is playing really good. Coaches are calling great games.
I must say, you're having to work hard to find the negatives after that one.

Which three passes could have been ints? I don't recall any where the defender touched the ball first.

Love hasn't yet thrown an interception when we were ahead. Against Oakland he threw two interceptions when we were narrowly behind and plenty of time to go; every single one of the other interceptions has either been in a late drive where we must have a TD, or when time was short and we were two or three scores down and must have a TD. In other words, when Love had to take a chance. When being careful is an option, apart from that one game v Oakland, he has kept the ball safe.
The deep ball that just floated ... was shocked chiefs seemed to lose sight of it.

The one on the goal line which was behind everyone.

Have to rematch for anoth3r.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 21:55

15 years from now Cowherd will be ragging BG's replacement and how the Jets owned the Packers for trading a 1st and 2nd round pick for 3 time MVP and 2 time SB champ Jordan Love.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:

I clicked but could only stomach about 30 seconds of the video. I just can’t stand to even hear that dudes voice. He is the king of takes that create clicks and I already regret succumbing to the temptation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
04 Dec 2023 22:19
Pckfn23 wrote:

I clicked but could only stomach about 30 seconds of the video. I just can’t stand to even hear that dudes voice. He is the king of takes that create clicks and I already regret succumbing to the temptation.
Yeah I didn't click.

Not feeding the troll. He was a piece of sh*t when it came to Rodgers in 2008 - 2010 too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
04 Dec 2023 22:19
Pckfn23 wrote:

I listened just like I can't not look at a traffic accident.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

At a minimum Love is getting paid more than Daniel Jones.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 20:25
salmar80 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 16:20
MY_TAKE wrote:
04 Dec 2023 15:54
This is more of a offense as a whole thought, but needs to be led by J. Love. The offense needs to make defenses pay when they blitz. Yes, alot goes into this, more than I know. This will take time, but there was a period of time that teams became fearful of blitzing Rodgers because he and the receivers would make them pay. Something to work on. Yeah I know I am nitpicking, but its sometimes the little things that can make you great.
Love has gone from panicking from the blitz to surviving the blitz. Next step is exploiting the blitz. We haven't gotten to that yet. Maybe next season he'll have a signal or few for hot route variations.
I would like to see the totals on this over the last month, but I contend that he has exploited the blitz.
Making adjustments to block presnap is something I think he is doing at times. Not all the time. But the key to my statement is He and the Receivers. This can't just be Jordon Love. It has to be Love and Watson or Love and Doubs. It took Rodgers and Jordy for instance, to both see the bliltz then beat the blitz.(hot read) whatever you want to call it. Thats all I am talking about. The one particular play I am thinking about, the reciever really had no clue. There may be others where they did. :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Dec 2023 22:49
Sadly this is probably true even though Jones' contract is widely regarded as a huge mistake.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Some quick math

Nfl Salary Caps
2022 - 208.2 (actual)
2023 - 223.4 (actual)
2024 - 252.0 (Pff Projections)
2025 - 274.2 (Pff Projections)
2026 - 296.1 (BF Calculated)
2027 - 318.8 (BF Calculated)
2028 - 341.4 (BF Calculated)

Daniel Jones 22-25 contract - 4 years 160 million
Average NFL cap over that duration - 239.5
16.7% of the average cap over duration

Jordan Love with a 4 year extention (25-28 in new money)
Average NFL cap over that duration - 307.6
% of cap matching the 4 year 160M contract - 13.0%
Contract using the same 16.7% as Jones - 4 years 205.6 million (51.4M per)

So if he Daniel Jones's out for the rest of the year, I'm thinking 45-50 is his floor at competent starter level.

If he finishes hot, maybe we even win a playoff game, probably more like 52-58 per.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think the good news is Love cant possibly become the highest paid and that makes it a bargain in about 2 or 3 years.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Dec 2023 22:49
He should. But he should not get Mahomes, Burrow, etc money. He also has to keep this going the rest of the year.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

This contract talk does beg the age old question- is it still really worth it to award QB's with the huge contracts? This doesn't have as much to do with Love and his level of play, but more so with the way that the league is trending. Last night I just watched Burrow's backup come in and beat a very good Jaguars team. That is one example, but there are more than a few others like it recently. In this NFL where teams are not allowed to play pass defense, we are seeing younger QB's come in and be effective almost immediately. Many of these kids are the products of years of private coaching and have already taken tons of snaps by the time they play their first NFL game. I think that rookie QB's today are more NFL ready than rookie QB's ever have been in any era. Obviously it depends on the money, but does any team want to be financially wedded to a guy anymore or is that becoming a thing of the past?
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
05 Dec 2023 09:41
This contract talk does beg the age old question- is it still really worth it to award QB's with the huge contracts? This doesn't have as much to do with Love and his level of play, but more so with the way that the league is trending. Last night I just watched Burrow's backup come in and beat a very good Jaguars team. That is one example, but there are more than a few others like it recently. In this NFL where teams are not allowed to play pass defense, we are seeing younger QB's come in and be effective almost immediately. Many of these kids are the products of years of private coaching and have already taken tons of snaps by the time they play their first NFL game. I think that rookie QB's today are more NFL ready than rookie QB's ever have been in any era. Obviously it depends on the money, but does any team want to be financially wedded to a guy anymore or is that becoming a thing of the past?
agree, colleges now play almost exclusively pro style offense where the QB has to be able to think faster, deal with intense pass rush, as well has having the technical ability to make every throw, most traits taught after there drafted years ago, still it's hard to beat the Packer QB factory we've seen grooming college QB's.

I think Flynn was a great example that a college newbie QB can stud out in one or even a few games, then when DC's get a good look at there tendencies, there elevated play becomes short lived, unless the coaches can devise ways to maximize there limitations, which imo is in part at least the case with Purdy and Hurts, neither posses great arm talent. :idn:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Papa John wrote:
I think it is worth it because it is what it costs to have a franchise QB. The fact that we went from do whatever we can to lose and get a new QB to let's give this guy $50M in the span of about 3 weeks just goes to show it's kind of all or nothing. There is no in between anymore. I do wonder if we are starting to get to a point where a team will be willing to call a QB's bluff and let him hit the open market. The threat of having nothing is a big reason teams are signing these underwhelming QB's to big deals.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
05 Dec 2023 09:57
Papa John wrote:
I think it is worth it because it is what it costs to have a franchise QB. The fact that we went from do whatever we can to lose and get a new QB to let's give this guy $50M in the span of about 3 weeks just goes to show it's kind of all or nothing. There is no in between anymore. I do wonder if we are starting to get to a point where a team will be willing to call a QB's bluff and let him hit the open market. The threat of having nothing is a big reason teams are signing these underwhelming QB's to big deals.
the only way for this to end is for owners not to negotiate a new CBA till there is a cap on these contracts, and those guys can't seem to agree about anything unless it puts more green in there pocket, as long as the cap goes up, and Fans fill the stadium, 60 mil. matters little to them, winning is so dependent on having quality QB play.