Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 12:53
Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 12:24
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 12:13

Oh 100%

Just to be clear, myself and @go pak go are literally only knocking Rodgers down a peg to rebutt those who said he "played a great game" or "should be the frontrunner for MVP now"

That's it. I am evaluating how last night went and how people are perceiving it. I am seeing a lot of credit going to Rodgers for "winning desite the adversity," and all I'm saying was that this game was won by SO MANY people and Rodgers' role was intentionally minimized because the coach correctly evaluated that it would be very difficult for Rodgers to do his normal job last night under the circumstances.

I'm simply not willing to give Rodgers extra credit for ticking to a gameplan that reduced the importance of his individual performance. That is literally how lesser QBs have to play their whole careers, because they're not good enough to do what Rodgers normally can do.
who said Rodgers should be front running for MVP???? I have not seen that, at least not from any respectable source, and I disagree with you completely when it comes to Rodgers not playing a good game, lis your description of what went wrong on the delay is oblivious to what went on between Matt and Rodgers during the clock run down.

I came here hoping to celebrate a great team victory, what do I see, You again bitching about Rodgers.
Then celebrate a great TEAM victory!

This wasn't AR's finest game. By any stretch. He didn't win it on his own. So celebrate the TEAM that won it, which includes him! I does no harm to recognize other Packers deserving of praise.

The overblown QB worship is SO disrespectful for all the players and the coaches on the rest of the team. I don't think @Yoop even realizes it, but he's indirectly dissing all the players who work hard and contribute so much.

Yoop, you wanna "come in to celebrate a great team victory". Then come in and celebrate a great team victory. Not a great Aaron Rodgers victory!
I didn't get a chance to, first thing (as usual) is people ripping Rodgers, and don't insult me with this Yoop is dissing the rest of the team, thats just a bunch of malarky and you know it, same with this horse manure your spilling about over blown QB worship,
you aught to go back the last few years and look at all the idiotic complaints against a first ballot HOF QB that this stupid FO gave him jag receivers, I've pointed out the winning formula of using a high pick on a receiver every few drafts, yet we didn't do that since we took Adams 7 years ago, and you think I'am nuts? :thwap:

if there is one thing I can count on after a game it's that several people will be attacking our QB

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

:rotf:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Here ya go, [mention]Yoop[/mention]. So you don't have to scroll through
Labrev wrote:
29 Oct 2021 00:29
On a side note, Rodgers has probably overtaken Murray for League MVP.

BF004 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 00:35
Brady #1

Allen distant 2

Then Aaron and Dak

Stafford, Kyler and Lamar right there.

Carr, Burrow and Mahomes still in the hunt.

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2021 05:07
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 00:52
Brady is #1 for MVP, but Derek Henry is #2, not a QB.

I don't think Rodgers is in the top 5. And I don't think anyone watching this game came out of it saying "Wow, Aaron Rodgers really carried this injured team on his back to a win tonight." He was just a regular degular decent, solid QB tonight and the team got it done together.
There is no one more valuable to there team. If you think another QB could lead this team and do what Rodgers did today you are nuts.

(note the hashtag)
williewasgreat wrote:
29 Oct 2021 05:17
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 00:52
Brady is #1 for MVP, but Derek Henry is #2, not a QB.

I don't think Rodgers is in the top 5. And I don't think anyone watching this game came out of it saying "Wow, Aaron Rodgers really carried this injured team on his back to a win tonight." He was just a regular degular decent, solid QB tonight and the team got it done together.
Stats aren't what is used to determine MVP.

So now you see what this conversation is about, right?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
who said Rodgers should be front running for MVP???? I have not seen that, at least not from any respectable source

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 13:09
salmar80 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

who said Rodgers should be front running for MVP???? I have not seen that, at least not from any respectable source, and I disagree with you completely when it comes to Rodgers not playing a good game, lis your description of what went wrong on the delay is oblivious to what went on between Matt and Rodgers during the clock run down.

I came here hoping to celebrate a great team victory, what do I see, You again bitching about Rodgers.

This wasn't AR's finest game. By any stretch. He didn't win it on his own. So celebrate the TEAM that won it, which includes him! I does no harm to recognize other Packers deserving of praise.

The overblown QB worship is SO disrespectful for all the players and the coaches on the rest of the team. I don't think @Yoop even realizes it, but he's indirectly dissing all the players who work hard and contribute so much.

Yoop, you wanna "come in to celebrate a great team victory". Then come in and celebrate a great team victory. Not a great Aaron Rodgers victory!
I didn't get a chance to, first thing (as usual) is people ripping Rodgers, and don't insult me with this Yoop is dissing the rest of the team, thats just a bunch of malarky and you know it, same with this horse manure your spilling about over blown QB worship,
you aught to go back the last few years and look at all the idiotic complaints against a first ballot HOF QB that this stupid FO gave him jag receivers, I've pointed out the winning formula of using a high pick on a receiver every few drafts, yet we didn't do that since we took Adams 7 years ago, and you think I'am nuts? :thwap:

if there is one thing I can count on after a game it's that several people will be attacking our QB
Yes you did.

And you have, and have had the time and the opportunity to give credit to all the players deserving on the team. But instead of focusing on the positives of others on the team, you've chosen to focus on valid criticisms of the one player you worship on the team.

I have a nagging feeling you were looking forward to us losing this game to validate your selfish personal opinion of a need for a first round receiver. Well, I'm not sorry AT ALL we won this despite lacking your personal fantasy thing.

My personal fantasies just don't override my fandom of the team. I don't care I picked Deguara in Here's Johnny. I wish he had done better, but we won.

Instead I'm just SO glad we won as a team. And how!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yup. When you beat an undefeated team, on the road, without your top 3 WRs...the national media starts talking about MVPs. Just the way it works.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I mean after every game I have many, many posts bragging about amazing plays and players who I think played really well. I also have many, many posts of players I think had poor plays and didn't play too well and posts about players in between.

I was pretty clear that Rodgers mostly had an in between game, his clock management was horrible, he didn't make any gut wrenching mistakes but also didn't make too many amazing throws for the exception of the first Randle Cobb TD (which was amazing). I stated the offensive success last night was largely due to AJ Dillon and Aaron Jones.

I bashed a lot of people today. I praised a lot of people today. As I do after every game.

The one constant I can always count on is replies from you when I bash only one person. Any other person I c\criticize I very rarely gets a response but anytime I make a hint of criticism of 12...my notifications icon explodes.

I just think that is kind of strange and shows the obsessive bias of 12 and QB being on a pedestal.

I literally think this is one of my all time favorite wins as a Packer fan period. I bet it's top 5 for sure. I love, love, love team wins.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 13:23

I have a nagging feeling you were looking forward to us losing this game to validate your selfish personal opinion of a need for a first round receiver. Well, I'm not sorry AT ALL we won this despite lacking your personal fantasy thing.

My personal fantasies just don't override my fandom of the team. I don't care I picked Deguara in Here's Johnny. I wish he had done better, but we won.

So I've been thinking about this today. I have noticed this forum has been dominated by about 5 or 6 posters. The posters who only show up after we don't select a WR round 1 in the draft or after a loss have been very quiet today.

Now I think yoop is a tremendous fan boy period so I don't think for a second he's happy about the win. But there are others that is suspicious of the lack of activity from when I know full well they will dominate this forum after a Packer loss talking about how the Packers have done such a disservice and how Tom Brady always has a better team, etc.

Last night folks, last night Rodgers enjoyed being that Tom Brady that everyone likes to think he enjoyed. We are now seeing in 2019 and 2021 that this team can win despite our QB not playing top 5 level.

What supposedly everyone says we need every offseason has been delivered under this Gute and MLF era. Enjoy the heck out of it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 13:25
Yoop wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

I mean after every game I have many, many posts bragging about amazing plays and players who I think played really well. I also have many, many posts of players I think had poor plays and didn't play too well and posts about players in between.

I was pretty clear that Rodgers mostly had an in between game, his clock management was horrible, he didn't make any gut wrenching mistakes but also didn't make too many amazing throws for the exception of the first Randle Cobb TD (which was amazing). I stated the offensive success last night was largely due to AJ Dillon and Aaron Jones.

I bashed a lot of people today. I praised a lot of people today. As I do after every game.

The one constant I can always count on is replies from you when I bash only one person. Any other person I c\criticize I very rarely gets a response but anytime I make a hint of criticism of 12...my notifications icon explodes.

I just think that is kind of strange and shows the obsessive bias of 12 and QB being on a pedestal.

I literally think this is one of my all time favorite wins as a Packer fan period. I bet it's top 5 for sure. I love, love, love team wins.
you bash Rodgers more then any two people on this forum, well maybe Yoho :lol: :lol:

you can bet I'll defend Rodgers over just about any player we've ever had, thats because he might be in the top 4 or 5 players we've had in my lifetime, and thats a whole lot of players, but no one is perfect, yet some of the complaints about him over the years are from people that expect him to be at all times.

last night was not one of his best games, but then when ya consider all of the issues why would we expect it to be, all this crap about delay of game and clock management is coming from people that don't know all the insider info, poor play calls, lack of play personal needed, audibles do to stuff like that are often out of the control of the QB, yet some here insist that there right.

I waited 25 years to replace Bart Starr with Favre, the football Gods where gracious and we hardly skipped a beat going from Favre to Rodgers, I count my blessings as a Packer fan and realize it could take 25 years to replace Aaron, the football Gods might not favor us so quickly this next time.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 13:48

last night was not one of his best games, but then when ya consider all of the issues why would we expect it to be, all this crap about delay of game and clock management is coming from people that don't know all the insider info, poor play calls, lack of play personal needed, audibles do to stuff like that are often out of the control of the QB, yet some here insist that there right.
Lot of irony here considering your primary arguments of draft strategy, trade strategy, etc. is also completely based on lack of insider info, potential trade deals, etc.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 13:23
Yoop wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

Yes you did.

And you have, and have had the time and the opportunity to give credit to all the players deserving on the team. But instead of focusing on the positives of others on the team, you've chosen to focus on valid criticisms of the one player you worship on the team.

well I spent my time answering folks that centered there comments on claiming Rodgers shouldn't be considered for MVP.

why is my opinion that we should have drafted a 1st round WR a selfish stance, GM's been doing just that for ages, are they also selfish in your neanderthal point of view? and I resent your opinion that you think I wanted to lose that game or any game the Packers play, and please don't take my inventory, you have no idea about my fan ship, you can't be serious to compare fan ship with Dequara to any other fans dedication to Rodgers.

ya, I came here to celebrate with you and others here a great TEAM victory, instead I get comments like lets not talk about Rodgers, well we wont have to for much longer, be patient, you'll get to talk about Love pretty soon.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

@Yoop I don't see any "bashing" of Rodgers here, just critiquing:
cri·tique
/kriˈtēk/

verb
gerund or present participle: critiquing

evaluate (a theory or practice) in a detailed and analytical way.
"the authors critique the methods and practices used in the research"
If I wanted to bash Rodgers, I'd say he's an anal-retentive weirdo who needs glasses to see the play clock. :chuckle:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think the last time I was truly about "bashing Rodgers" was at Detroit in 2019.

He was so bad that day that he did deserve a good bashing. I don't think he has deserved any since.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:17
Look, I don’t want to start a spate of negativity after this win, but it is wild to me that anyone watched that game and came away thinking Rodgers played great. Like I genuinely don’t know what the bar looks like, if that was a great performance.

He was a game manager. He marginally executed a game plan that is usually reserved for lesser QBs. Are least half a dozen (or even a dozen) QBs could execute a MLF game plan that doesn’t include a single pass longer than 20 yards. His first TD to Cobb was really the only great throw I can remember.

But more importantly, his time management mistakes (and yes they are his and it’s obvious at this point) were inexcusable. A lesser QB making that audible with no timeouts at the half inch line and getting called for a delay of game gets dragged all week in the media, at least. I believe it was a mental mistake such as that which cost Eli Manning his consecutive games streak because he got benched. Like the two timeouts on that drive were bad. The delay of game was truly, deeply, unacceptable by any vet QB, let alone a great one.

Like you can’t just brush over those things or blame the coaches when it happens. You gotta view your QB a little more objectively than that. This has been an ongoing problem that Rodgers has no interest in correcting and it very easily could have cost the team a massive game last night. Like that was an epically boneheaded play.
You are completely wrong on this take.

Packers controlled this game because of Rodgers management. When a play was needed Rodgers got it. Rodgers made throws this game other qbs can't make. Time of possession. Rodgers dialled back the big plays because the plan was to keep the ball and bleed the Cardila Def ... Not let the off get hot.

The guy had the worst receiving group and probably oline in the league.

There is a reason they say to young QBs don't watch tape on Rodgers - he does things you will never be able to do.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:31
YoHoChecko wrote:
Look, I don’t want to start a spate of negativity after this win, but it is wild to me that anyone watched that game and came away thinking Rodgers played great. Like I genuinely don’t know what the bar looks like, if that was a great performance.

He was a game manager. He marginally executed a game plan that is usually reserved for lesser QBs. Are least half a dozen (or even a dozen) QBs could execute a MLF game plan that doesn’t include a single pass longer than 20 yards. His first TD to Cobb was really the only great throw I can remember.

But more importantly, his time management mistakes (and yes they are his and it’s obvious at this point) were inexcusable. A lesser QB making that audible with no timeouts at the half inch line and getting called for a delay of game gets dragged all week in the media, at least. I believe it was a mental mistake such as that which cost Eli Manning his consecutive games streak because he got benched. Like the two timeouts on that drive were bad. The delay of game was truly, deeply, unacceptable by any vet QB, let alone a great one.

Like you can’t just brush over those things or blame the coaches when it happens. You gotta view your QB a little more objectively than that. This has been an ongoing problem that Rodgers has no interest in correcting and it very easily could have cost the team a massive game last night. Like that was an epically boneheaded play.

Packers controlled this game because of Rodgers management. When a play was needed Rodgers got it. Rodgers made throws this game other qbs can't make. Time of possession. Rodgers dialled back the big plays because the plan was to keep the ball and bleed the Cardila Def ... Not let the off get hot.
I will give credit on the first Randle Cobb TD. That was an amazing play.

But what other examples of throws were there last night that "no other QBs could make?"
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 13:24
Yup. When you beat an undefeated team, on the road, without your top 3 WRs...the national media starts talking about MVPs. Just the way it works.
KInda makes sense also missing oline

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:47
Drj820 wrote:
So shouldn't it be more about the RBs then who actually produced the production?
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:55
bud fox wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
So shouldn't it be more about the RBs then who actually produced the production?
When one recognizes the absolute importance of the QB position in the NFL, and how much it directly impacts wins and losses...it does not also diminish the contributions of other positions. Even on run plays, Aaron Rodgers played a role in whether it was going to be a run or not. Lafleur has even told us he gives Rodgers two plays and lets him choose. So yes, Rodgers had a positive impact on the run game last night.

And that does nothing to diminish the efforts of the running backs...just dont expect Aj Dillon who had 0 tds and under 100 yards to be in MVP conversations this afternoon. Just not how it works.

QBs who win get paid, QBs who lose become unemployed. Thats not always fair. QBs who win without a starting C, LT, 3 WRs, and TE1...wake up and get debated about for MVP throughout the week.

Just how it works.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:38
bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:31
YoHoChecko wrote:

I will give credit on the first Randle Cobb TD. That was an amazing play.

But what other examples of throws were there last night that "no other QBs could make?"
A throw in the 2nd QTR going to his left off the wrong foot side arm to the right for first down.

Even Cobbs 2nd TD pump fake left drag safety, feet facing goal line, perfect ball in for Cobb - who we know needs accurate balls. Great hands but lack of separation.

His release and throwing motion is so pretty. That pass to tonyan just shows it off.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 15:02
go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 14:55
bud fox wrote:

When one recognizes the absolute importance of the QB position in the NFL, and how much it directly impacts wins and losses...it does not also diminish the contributions of other positions. Even on run plays, Aaron Rodgers played a role in whether it was going to be a run or not. Lafleur has even told us he gives Rodgers two plays and lets him choose. So yes, Rodgers had a positive impact on the run game last night.

And that does nothing to diminish the efforts of the running backs...just dont expect Aj Dillon who had 0 tds and under 100 yards to be in MVP conversations this afternoon. Just not how it works.

QBs who win get paid, QBs who lose become unemployed. Thats not always fair. QBs who win without a starting C, LT, 3 WRs, and TE1...wake up and get debated about for MVP throughout the week.

Just how it works.
100% our RBS had a great game. But so did our QB - especially considering his line, wrs and the competition