Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well son of a gun, my source checked out. :P

I’m coming for ya Schefter

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2022 12:25
I think Doubs in the 4th is someone who can grow into filling MVS' role but has better YAC than he does to be a more multi-faceted WR than MVS ever really actualized for us.
And seemingly gives us special teams snaps, as well... something MVS never did.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My birthday is just 11 days after the London game. I think it would be a lovely gesture for the forum to take up a collection and by me a plane ticket, hotel, and ticket to the game. A man only turns 42 once.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
04 May 2022 08:41
My birthday is just 11 days after the London game. I think it would be a lovely gesture for the forum to take up a collection and by me a plane ticket, hotel, and ticket to the game. A man only turns 42 once.
A go fund me to send me and paco to London?? :munch:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I'm with YoHo on our WR room but for a different reason. I think MLF is changing the offense for the better. More run oriented and using play action to get guys open. We saw glimpses of this when Davantae was injured. I think A-Rod adjusts fine to this style and spreads the ball around so we don't need a true #1. Our WR room has enough variety in styles to make this work well. Without Adams 2 things won't be happening:

One, Aaron won't automatically be throwing his way in true 1-1 matchups. I'll bet 95% of the time he went to Adams when he saw that, which wasn't necessarily bad, just won't be happening this year.

Two, is the safeties won't be shading over to double anyone in particular and Aaron can play to his true strength which is hitting the open man. I see almost every game with 8-10 guys catching multiple passes. Maybe no one with 7+ grabs very often but a lot of guys with 3-5 catches.

As for stepping up, I like 3 guys on offense to show us more this year. One is Lazard, who I think is ready to have it all click for him, especially in the Gold Zone. The other is Amari who YoHo was spot on. Looked like a guy who was thinking about every step he took, even on returns. I thought the playoff game he looked very natural on returns and just played without thinking. He just seems like a guy ready to make the 2nd year leap to me. Like Gutey I think Tyler Davis fits this offense well. He's the "look out" guy for this year. And yes I know he is a TE.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
04 May 2022 08:47
paco wrote:
A go fund me to send me and paco to London?? :munch:
cheesehead abbey.jpg
cheesehead abbey.jpg (113.66 KiB) Viewed 588 times
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

THAT is some fridge worthy art!! :beer2:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Not news, but a good thing to keep in mind.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
04 May 2022 07:05
I have to get up at 8:30 on a Sunday??? Damn!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
02 May 2022 08:24
paco wrote:
02 May 2022 07:42
Scott4Pack wrote:
02 May 2022 06:22

Fine. But if that’s all that we hope for him, then why did we draft him at the slot that we did?
I'm sure the Packers have much more hope for him, hence the draft slot. As much as I'd like to be, I'm not actually involved in the decision making!
I'm usually trying to see the upside in picks, but Amari is a rare case of me going "I'm just not seeing it, boss". At least not in the 3rd round.

I do hope he comes back all lightning and proves me wrong.
Yeeup, if he improves, a LOT, and contributes, fantastic!! If he progresses just a little, or less, not sure he makes the roster. I feel like Gute has done a fair job moving on from lost causes (Josh Jackson, Sternberger) rather than just sitting on his pride and hoping they eventually do something.

Reminds me a lot of when many kept just hoping Oren Burks was gunna step in an show something drastically different and fill our LB void. But just always felt like it was pretty obvious very early on he just didn't have it. Feeling the same about Amari. I love to be wrong in situations like this, but down to about 0 expectations.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
Why is this discussion starting to smell like a rotten fish? :rotf:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 04 May 2022 21:24, edited 2 times in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
04 May 2022 13:45
salmar80 wrote:
02 May 2022 08:24
paco wrote:
02 May 2022 07:42

I'm sure the Packers have much more hope for him, hence the draft slot. As much as I'd like to be, I'm not actually involved in the decision making!
I'm usually trying to see the upside in picks, but Amari is a rare case of me going "I'm just not seeing it, boss". At least not in the 3rd round.

I do hope he comes back all lightning and proves me wrong.
Yeeup, if he improves, a LOT, and contributes, fantastic!! If he progresses just a little, or less, not sure he makes the roster. I feel like Gute has done a fair job moving on from lost causes (Josh Jackson, Sternberger) rather than just sitting on his pride and hoping they eventually do something.

Reminds me a lot of when many kept just hoping Oren Burks was gunna step in an show something drastically different and fill our LB void. But just always felt like it was pretty obvious very early on he just didn't have it. Feeling the same about Amari. I love to be wrong in situations like this, but down to about 0 expectations.
Amari needs to start by getting his body right. He looks like hes playing at a weight that slows him down. If he could get leaner and gain back some quickness, there might be a role for him. It would be another major third round dissapointment if he doesnt. So far, I have been wrong about him. I liked the pick alot when he was selected. So far, hes a bum
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Well this just reaffirms my position. :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I agree. Dropping 10 pounds looks necessary from where he played last year.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Something I just realized, Davante Adams was the final remaining un-altered contract on the Packers roster given out by Ted Thompson.

Every single contract on the team has now been voluntarily manufactured by the Brian Gutekunst regime.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I would love to believe it, but I don't believe it.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
06 May 2022 13:13
I would love to believe it, but I don't believe it.

I kinda believe it. A little.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'd still prefer we had another plan B other than Davis, I wouldn't be upset if Tyler Davis became a guy and we had another TE.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounds like Quay already deserves DROY. I'm all kinds of ready for every hack to eat some crow.
RIP JustJeff