Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Soon to look very, very different when Jenkins gets paid, but interesting to look at as it stands, right now.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Curious.

If we knew how the draft was going to play out, do you think we still would have signed Reed and Watkins?

Do you think we'd maybe target someone different now after how the draft turned out?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
12 May 2022 08:41
Curious.

If we knew how the draft was going to play out, do you think we still would have signed Reed and Watkins?

Do you think we'd maybe target someone different now after how the draft turned out?
I don't think so. It was one of Ted's downfalls putting all his eggs in one basket with young players. Gutey has seemed to like pairing young talent with a vet. It has kind of happened over and over again since he took over. I don't think it's by accident at this point.

I think the only thing that would have changed our draft strategy is if teams that picked ahead of us picked different players.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
12 May 2022 08:49
BF004 wrote:
12 May 2022 08:41
Curious.

I don't think so. It was one of Ted's downfalls putting all his eggs in one basket with young players. Gutey has seemed to like pairing young talent with a vet. It has kind of happened over and over again since he took over. I don't think it's by accident at this point.

I think the only thing that would have changed our draft strategy is if teams that picked ahead of us picked different players.
Teddy T had a wallet with a broken zipper, Gute's zipper works perfectly :lol:

Ted was almost totally draft and develop, Gute realizes that approach will insure the team will always have weaker positions because developing players takes time.

I may bitch about some of his positional picks that he already fixed through UFA ( Gary) but I can't argue at all with his methods of insuring talent at need positions and also drafting future replacements, I'd rather he did so with later slotted picks

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2022 17:25
APB wrote:
24 Mar 2022 06:48
go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2022 06:30
Having zero secondary ticket market is absolutely a terrible idea.

Absolutely should have some regulations. But the idea of "first person in line" gets the ticket is not fair either.
Sounds like the Packers are moving to make themselves the masters of the Packers ticket secondary market. They can force ticketholders to sell back to the org - with processing fees, of course - then resell those tickets at a significant discount to current secondary rates - also including processing fees.

It's a win for fans and a win for the org in their eyes.
Unless demand is just so high. If demand is high, the way to get a ticket, even in the secondary market, comes down to either "first in line" or price.

The benefit of the team holding tickets means ticket prices may be lower on lower demand games because the Packers don't "eat" the ticket, but yet again most of your secondary ticket holders will lower their ticket price too simply to dump them.

The only advantage I can see of restricting the secondary market is you simply increase the supply on the secondary market by removing season ticket holders who have no actual or real connection to the Packers.
Wow........take a look at the initial secondary market Packers ticket asking prices on EventUSA. This is easily paralleling the gas, real estate, etc prices that we've been seeing lately at the gas pump and realton.com. Find it really hard to believe that people will be paying playoff game ticket prices for a regular season game in 2022, but that's how it looks to be shaping up. The Dallas game and Bear game (Bear game at Lambeau) ticket prices look to be at record prices. I guess the real estate value for an 18-22 inch long aluminum seat at 1265 Lombardi Avenue continues to garner interest.

BRING ON THE COWBOYS! :rodeo:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
13 May 2022 17:17
go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2022 17:25
APB wrote:
24 Mar 2022 06:48

Sounds like the Packers are moving to make themselves the masters of the Packers ticket secondary market. They can force ticketholders to sell back to the org - with processing fees, of course - then resell those tickets at a significant discount to current secondary rates - also including processing fees.

It's a win for fans and a win for the org in their eyes.
Unless demand is just so high. If demand is high, the way to get a ticket, even in the secondary market, comes down to either "first in line" or price.

The benefit of the team holding tickets means ticket prices may be lower on lower demand games because the Packers don't "eat" the ticket, but yet again most of your secondary ticket holders will lower their ticket price too simply to dump them.

The only advantage I can see of restricting the secondary market is you simply increase the supply on the secondary market by removing season ticket holders who have no actual or real connection to the Packers.
Wow........take a look at the initial secondary market Packers ticket asking prices on EventUSA. This is easily paralleling the gas, real estate, etc prices that we've been seeing lately at the gas pump and realton.com. Find it really hard to believe that people will be paying playoff game ticket prices for a regular season game in 2022, but that's how it looks to be shaping up. The Dallas game and Bear game (Bear game at Lambeau) ticket prices look to be at record prices. I guess the real estate value for an 18-22 inch long aluminum seat at 1265 Lombardi Avenue continues to garner interest.

BRING ON THE COWBOYS! :rodeo:
Yeah I doubt I will do a game again this year. But that's the market being the market.

We are a SB contending team. We are the team with the most fans and most ardent fans.

But I guarantee you other NFL games this year will be cheeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppp
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just a quick little look to next year, Packers currently slate to be $4 million under the the 2023 cap. (18th most cap space actually)

That does not include Jaire's new contract, he was accounting for $0 before that.

Free agents we might consider resigning include Amos, Lowry, Tonyan, Lazard, Nijman and Elgton. Then also Crosby, Mercedes, Watkins, Cobb, Reed.

Of note, we will have an $8 million cap hit for Amos if he is not on the team, we should be able to spread that out I think if we resign him.

Savings on cuts:
Aaron Jones 10.5 million
Preston 3.3 million
Bakhtiari 6 million
Rasul 3.2 million

Really no one else of significance.

I am really unclear of what they can do with Rodgers in terms of pushing any more cap space.
Bakhtiari, Clark, Jones could all get an extension or add void years.

Gary and Savage could both probably save 3-5 million on the cap with extensions, similar to Jaire right now.

Feel like a few less options next off season than we had this year. Gunna be tight again, but should still all work out.

Would really like some clarity on Aaron's deal, just keeping him, pushing money, on it, retiring, trading him, etc.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Nice article from Dusty Evely detailing the Packers' "explosive" passing concepts:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/quality-c ... n-2021-259
...By my count, the Packers had 32 different concepts that led to explosive plays. Obviously that’s too much to look at here, so we’ll focus on the top 5 most used concepts that led to an explosive play.

PA Boot (11 explosives, 22.2 YPC)
Dagger (10 explosives, 24.6 YPC)
Drift (8 explosives, 21.8 YPC)
Smash/China (5 explosives, 29.0 YPC)
Smash Fade (6 explosives, 31.3 YPC)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

^^^ Mildly surprising, but that means they're going with Bisaccia's guy and Crosby
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2022 15:36
The significance is that it opens a roster spot. I would expect a veteran signing coming up. They cleared space with the Alexander signing. I’ll say again I would love Justin Houston as that 3rd pass rusher. I would like Clowney even more but I would expect him to command more money and he would likely want to start. Houston signed to the Ravens for $4M last season and played very well.

Another I’m not opposed to is Jared Cook. He’s older but had good chemistry with Rodgers. I prefer him over Lewis who is very over rated amongst Packers fans. At least Cook is useful in the passing game.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 May 2022 21:56
Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2022 15:36
The significance is that it opens a roster spot. I would expect a veteran signing coming up. They cleared space with the Alexander signing. I’ll say again I would love Justin Houston as that 3rd pass rusher. I would like Clowney even more but I would expect him to command more money and he would likely want to start. Houston signed to the Ravens for $4M last season and played very well.

Another I’m not opposed to is Jared Cook. He’s older but had good chemistry with Rodgers. I prefer him over Lewis who is very over rated amongst Packers fans. At least Cook is useful in the passing game.
I think Lewis and Crosby both must have witnessed Gutey commit heinous crimes and he is doing what he has to do to keep them quiet.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2022 22:24
lupedafiasco wrote:
20 May 2022 21:56
I think Lewis and Crosby both must have witnessed Gutey commit heinous crimes and he is doing what he has to do to keep them quiet.
It is just so wild to me how literally every single person who works inside the Green Bay Packers organization absolutely raves about how much Lewis brings to the team as a leader and presence while remaining among the best at what he is asked to do on-field (which is admittedly a fairly low-value role) and some people still think it's the fans that "overrate him" because those people only understand contributions they can see with their own eyes and on a stat sheet.

Like yeah, it's the fans overrating him; it can't possibly be that everyone involve in the organization knows better than a couple guys on the internet who don't see how Lewis sticks around. :messedup: :roll:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I like lupe's post regarding Justin Houston.

That makes a lot of sense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
21 May 2022 09:09
I like lupe's post regarding Justin Houston.

That makes a lot of sense.
Yeah, a vet pass rusher like Houston; a versatile nickel/safety depth piece like Harris or Fuller. Those are my remaining free agent targets--preferably the latter, honestly.

If we were to add anything to the offense, at this point, I'd lean toward OBJ only because he won't impact roster numbers early, can be cheap due to injury recovery, and would essentially be a late season/playoff bonus weapon (I love Sammy Watkins' potential in this offense but would be foolish to anticipate a fully healthy season).

I'm perfectly comfortable with the WR room, the TE room, and the OL room for 2022 as it stands (TE room could use a developmental guy because 2023 might look barren, but I'm fine with it for this year).

Edge and secondary depth are truly the only roster weaknesses I see on this team.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

nice.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

:shock: :twisted:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Psssshhhh, Kevin King has more completion percentages than all 3 put together. :lombardi:

:hide:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »