Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Dec 2023 10:24
Jordan Love had his own failings during the losing stream independent of anyone else. He has improved himself.
caused in large part to the issues I've described, once they became less, Love became more

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2023 08:59
it is soooo PC to not admit that Love is one of the hottest QB's in the league these last few games, or to think that wont continue, or that minus all the BS that happened wasn't the cause for most of Loves struggles earlier.
You're batting 1 for 3 in your counter-argument response to my earlier post:

1. "it is soooo PC to not admit that Love is one of the hottest QB's in the league these last few games"

- False. Name one poster who has made this pronouncement. Just one. It surely wasn't me. This is simply a conjured argument.

2. "to think that wont continue"

- Plausible. It is entirely possible this is simply a hot streak. I don't think it is, which I've made clear, but it's possible which is why I advocate for an entire season to judge from.

3. "that minus all the BS that happened wasn't the cause for most of Loves struggles earlier."

- False. I, and others, have made that very argument - it's been a combination of issues - over and over in response after response to a very small segment of posters, a small minority, who have insisted it's just Love. Notably not a single one of those posters has responded to this conversation. I certainly didn't make this claim you're now refuting. Again, another conjured argument.

You'd do yourself and the forum a great service if you'd simply stick to debate points members are actually making.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

you simply are hedging on whether Love could have done better earlier minus the issues I've mentioned, as soon as I said Pressure was in Loves head after the 3rd game I think, you said that Love had to learn to deal with it, when actually free rushers where coming from all different places, it's impossible for anyone to get use to that, specially a young QB, since we see less free rushers and pressure Love has settled down, he is also making better decisions, almost every thing about Love has ratchet'd up, of course he's improved, but that is a big reason why, and you shot me down with it just as you are now.

:rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Love started the year pretty good. I dont even think the Falcons loss was his fault.

My point was that these guys are acting like they were right because he was complete dog doo doo until about 3 weeks ago.

He had a pretty impressive start, then had a slide.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2023 11:05
you simply are hedging on whether Love could have done better earlier minus the issues I've mentioned, as soon as I said Pressure was in Loves head after the 3rd game I think, you said that Love had to learn to deal with it, when actually free rushers where coming from all different places, it's impossible for anyone to get use to that, specially a young QB, since we see less free rushers and pressure Love has settled down, he is also making better decisions, almost every thing about Love has ratchet'd up, of course he's improved, but that is a big reason why, and you shot me down with it just as you are now.

Highlights from the Chiefs game absolutely refute this continued excuse making and "Love was scared" nonsense you keep pushing. Love had pressure in his face on several key throws on Sunday night.

...AND HE DEALT WITH IT.

:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Half Empty wrote:
06 Dec 2023 09:27
go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2023 09:10
Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2023 08:59
I can't find anything to back up what I said, at minimum it's just a broken play, if memory serves it was 3rd or 4th and short, and Love is attempting to sneak on the right side of Myers.

it is soooo PC to not admit that Love is one of the hottest QB's in the league these last few games, or to think that wont continue, or that minus all the BS that happened wasn't the cause for most of Loves struggles earlier.

I don't understand how people once very high on Love, now take such a conservative position.
Absolutely no problem stating Love is one of, if not THE, hottest QB in the league right now based on the last few games.

To project that will continue? I certainly don't expect the same level of play we have seen the last 2 - 3 weeks. The last two - 3 weeks have been God-mode. That is really hard to keep up. Like we are at MVP level if he keeps this up the next 5 games.

I think there are two kind of fans:

1. Roller Coaster emotion and the most recent results get projected to everything moving foward (these are the fans who say "I can't see us winning another game or I can't see us lose another game)

2. The steady eddies. These fans enjoy the moment. Realize there are ups and downs and it's a long season. Wait to express ultimate judgement.

Usually these two fans don't jive very well post game.
Certainly not worth the time to look back, but I'd be willing to bet that there weren't a whole lot of steady eddies advising that we R-E-L-A-X after the close losses to inferior (certainly at the time) teams.
I would consider myself a steady eddie after the game is over. I am very emotional during the game posts.

But guys like me stated, "I don't think Jordan Love may be our long term answer but we at minimum need to give him the rest of the year"

I also know I was very much in favor of keeping Love in 2024 to at least compete aganist a top draft pick as I don't believe in throwing a rookie QB out there.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Dec 2023 11:09
Love started the year pretty good. I dont even think the Falcons loss was his fault.

My point was that these guys are acting like they were right because he was complete dog doo doo until about 3 weeks ago.

The problem with hyperanalyzing game by game and drawing major conclusions from it is the unquantifiable variability in each situation. Yeah, Jordan Love definitely contributed to those 4 straight losses, but he wasn’t doo doo, the offense as a whole was.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
06 Dec 2023 11:19
Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2023 11:05

Highlights from the Chiefs game absolutely refute this continued excuse making and "Love was scared" nonsense you keep pushing. Love had pressure in his face on several key throws on Sunday night.

...AND HE DEALT WITH IT.

:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
haha, glad to see some humor
scarred is something of a conjuring on your part though, to think anyone wouldn't be peeing in the jock strap when ya see a monster approaching is a stretch of you imagination :rotf: we've both seen grown up long term QB's cower faced with that. :lol: :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2023 11:57
Drj820 wrote:
06 Dec 2023 11:09

The problem with hyperanalyzing game by game and drawing major conclusions from it is the unquantifiable variability in each situation. Yeah, Jordan Love definitely contributed to those 4 straight losses, but he wasn’t doo doo, the offense as a whole was.
well said, and thats mostly been my point, the whole of the offense made it harder for Love to be more consistent earlier, once it improved, it helped Love to improve. :aok: and if it had been better earlier, so would have Love been better.

Love to me may throw like Favre, but he is so like Rodgers in everything else, and just like Rodgers first year, the team was the biggest problem, not the QB, same thing here.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2023 11:40
Half Empty wrote:
06 Dec 2023 09:27
go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2023 09:10

Absolutely no problem stating Love is one of, if not THE, hottest QB in the league right now based on the last few games.

To project that will continue? I certainly don't expect the same level of play we have seen the last 2 - 3 weeks. The last two - 3 weeks have been God-mode. That is really hard to keep up. Like we are at MVP level if he keeps this up the next 5 games.

I think there are two kind of fans:

1. Roller Coaster emotion and the most recent results get projected to everything moving foward (these are the fans who say "I can't see us winning another game or I can't see us lose another game)

2. The steady eddies. These fans enjoy the moment. Realize there are ups and downs and it's a long season. Wait to express ultimate judgement.

Usually these two fans don't jive very well post game.
Certainly not worth the time to look back, but I'd be willing to bet that there weren't a whole lot of steady eddies advising that we R-E-L-A-X after the close losses to inferior (certainly at the time) teams.
I would consider myself a steady eddie after the game is over. I am very emotional during the game posts.

But guys like me stated, "I don't think Jordan Love may be our long term answer but we at minimum need to give him the rest of the year"

I also know I was very much in favor of keeping Love in 2024 to at least compete aganist a top draft pick as I don't believe in throwing a rookie QB out there.
It's impossible for anyone to really know much until the team can support the QB, at least to the point of not hindering him, which is fair to say where the conditions up till 3 games back, as soon as the protection improved, and these receivers, then it was like someone flipped a switch, and Love became one of the hottest QB's in the league.

sure 5 games back a lot of folks thought Love might be the problem, all I ever said was that he didn't have a strong arm, which I still believe is true, also said he didn't really have to have that, which is also true, my main points where stuff I've just said. :idn:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Raptorman wrote:
06 Dec 2023 08:56
I measure the quality of a QB on what he does when his defense gives up more than 19 points a game. Even the poorest QB has a winning percentage at that level. What happens when he HAS to score 25 points or 35 points to win? That's where the good QBs are found. I'll give you a good example. Mitch Trubiskey. 19 points and under by the defense he's 22-5. 20-25 points, he's 7-9. Purdy doesn't have enough games above 20 to have proved himself. And those that he has, not looking good.

Justin Fields is 5-5 in games under 19. His career is going to be very short
I cannot really debate this anymore. Its just too flawed to me. (your criteria to measure the quality of a QB.) Well, Look at this.

Week Date Opponent Result Record Game site Recap
1 September 1 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 34–3 1–0 Houlihan's Stadium Recap
2 September 9 Philadelphia Eagles W 39–13 2–0 Lambeau Field Recap
3 September 15 San Diego Chargers W 42–10 3–0 Lambeau Field Recap
4 September 22 at Minnesota Vikings L 21–30 3–1 Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome Recap
5 September 29 at Seattle Seahawks W 31–10 4–1 Kingdome Recap
6 October 6 at Chicago Bears W 37–6 5–1 Soldier Field Recap
7 October 14 San Francisco 49ers W 23–20 (OT) 6–1 Lambeau Field Recap
8 Bye
9 October 27 Tampa Bay Buccaneers W 13–7 7–1 Lambeau Field Recap
10 November 3 Detroit Lions W 28–18 8–1 Lambeau Field Recap
11 November 10 at Kansas City Chiefs L 20–27 8–2 Arrowhead Stadium Recap
12 November 18 at Dallas Cowboys L 6–21 8–3 Texas Stadium Recap
13 November 24 at St. Louis Rams W 24–9 9–3 Trans World Dome Recap
14 December 1 Chicago Bears W 28–17 10–3 Lambeau Field Recap
15 December 8 Denver Broncos W 41–6 11–3 Lambeau Field Recap
16 December 15 at Detroit Lions W 31–3 12–3 Pontiac Silverdome Recap
17 December 22 Minnesota Vikings W 38–10 13–3 Lambeau Field Recap
Postseason

Based on your brilliant criteria Brett Favre's 1996 regular season was flawed because he had a good defense and they almost never gave up more than 20 points in a game, and when they did, they lost. :bkw: :bkw:

Cant really measure how good Favre was because the opponent never scored more than 20 points. BTW Favre won MVP and the superbowl that year. :bkw: :bkw:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I think your argument and maybe what you really mean is, is Brock Purdy Clutch? Can he produce with his back against the wall. Maybe thats a better criteria. I can get down with that.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

.... anyone else seeing what I'm seeing? :lol:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
06 Dec 2023 15:12
yep, another and he has to be considered, 2 more 300 yrd game, minus a feature type RB, all these rookie receiver, I'd think he's a shoe in, course I got some bias working here :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
Yeah, our Love chatter has gone entirely from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Some receipts that could be cashed for sure. That Viking post game thread holds a lot.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
06 Dec 2023 15:46
Labrev wrote:
Yeah, our Love chatter has gone entirely from one end of the spectrum to the other.
That’s what happens when you play well. Like anything else in life, people are criticized when they don’t perform and are praised when they do well.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Dec 2023 16:48
APB wrote:
06 Dec 2023 15:46
Labrev wrote:
That’s what happens when you play well. Like anything else in life, people are criticized when they don’t perform and are praised when they do well.
I was one of the lone, maybe not defending him, but still being open to him fixing some things, and other things not being his fault. Criticism was way too crazy on way too many plays, imo.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Remember how much attention the Jayden Reed interception got on this forum and how that was the proof Love sucks?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.