Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Aug 2022 17:06
I would assume he is just talking about Super Bowls only since the quote he used mentioned Super Bowls. That would make the tally Packers - 2, Rest of NFCN - 1.

If we want to talk about World Championships, then that tally is Packers - 13, Rest of NFCN - 14.
Packers have 4 SBs. Though 2 came before it was called that.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Aug 2022 22:22
Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Aug 2022 17:06
I would assume he is just talking about Super Bowls only since the quote he used mentioned Super Bowls. That would make the tally Packers - 2, Rest of NFCN - 1.

If we want to talk about World Championships, then that tally is Packers - 13, Rest of NFCN - 14.
Packers have 4 SBs. Though 2 came before it was called that.
Very True.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

1999, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2013, 2017, 2018

The seasons with 10 wins or less.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I've added tier lines
image.png
image.png (82.64 KiB) Viewed 451 times

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The NFL had made illegal contact fouls an emphasis this season, and I'm not a big fan.

Can lead to a lot of ticky-tacky calls in coverage, especially early in the season. And we know this will only benefit the O...

I hate it when a CB sneezes in a WRs direction and the receiver takes a swan dive and instantly start flailing their arms for a penalty... Or a WR runs straight into a CB and then acts all victim-like.

Also, illegal contact has very little to do with player safety.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
08 Aug 2022 19:03
The NFL had made illegal contact fouls an emphasis this season, and I'm not a big fan.

Can lead to a lot of ticky-tacky calls in coverage, especially early in the season. And we know this will only benefit the O...

I hate it when a CB sneezes in a WRs direction and the receiver takes a swan dive and instantly start flailing their arms for a penalty... Or a WR runs straight into a CB and then acts all victim-like.

Agreed. That's the sort of small thing that could totally change Rasul's game. He's a handsy defender, for sure.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Aug 2022 20:56
salmar80 wrote:

Agreed. That's the sort of small thing that could totally change Rasul's game. He's a handsy defender, for sure.
I think given we still have elite defenders back there, and less than ideal WR's, this probably helps us this year a lot. Our D will still be great, our WR's could use some assistance.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

salmar80 wrote:

A coach should be able to challenge two to four of these subjective type calls per game.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Aug 2022 22:03
salmar80 wrote:

A coach should be able to challenge two to four of these subjective type calls per game.
That would make the games utterly unbearable to watch.

Every between-play conversation would revolve around an in-progress challenge, should have challenged, or too bad they used all their challenges.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Ugh, I really don't like the look of negotiating through the media like this.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
09 Aug 2022 07:59

I do love da Bears being in disarray (what are they thinking!? :rotf: ), but fear they'll trade him to a contender :messedup: ...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
09 Aug 2022 09:00
NCF wrote:
09 Aug 2022 07:59

I do love da Bears being in disarray (what are they thinking!? :rotf: ), but fear they'll trade him to a contender :messedup: ...
Packer fans think where tight wallet honcho's, Margaret McCaskey has her first penny of baby sitting money she ever earned framed and hanging next to Papa Bear Daddy George's Picture in the study :rotf:

the price for ILB's is on the rise, good ones change the complexion of a defense, as good as we where last year with Campbell, we will see even more improvement adding Quay next to him.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jamaal Williams being a leader:

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Sean McVay on trading for Stafford:

“We can sit here and exist, and be OK winning nine to 11 games, and losing in the f—ing divisional round and feel like, 'Oh, everything's OK.' Or, we could let our motherf—ing nuts hang, and go trade for this f—ing quarterback, and give ourselves a chance to go win a f—ing world championship.”

And I’ve been saying this for a decade now. You can go out and make a move to win a championship or you can sit there are wallow in just being a good team.

Time after time we witness the Packers in on someone just for someone else to offer a little more. OBJ. Marshawn Lynch. Tony G. Randy Moss. Antonio Brown. It’s embarrassing. This org needs to stop saying they want to win but not do the things it takes to win.

Sean McVay just showed what it means to want to win.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Aug 2022 21:02

“We can sit here and exist, and be OK winning nine to 11 games, and losing in the f—ing divisional round and feel like, 'Oh, everything's OK.' Or, we could let our motherf—ing nuts hang, and go trade for this f—ing quarterback, and give ourselves a chance to go win a f—ing world championship.”

And I’ve been saying this for a decade now. You can go out and make a move to win a championship or you can sit there are wallow in just being a good team.

Time after time we witness the Packers in on someone just for someone else to offer a little more. OBJ. Marshawn Lynch. Tony G. Randy Moss. Antonio Brown. It’s embarrassing. This org needs to stop saying they want to win but not do the things it takes to win.

As did the Bucs before them
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Aug 2022 21:02

This is a false equivalency.

The QB position means so much more than any other position. A team who has almost everything, but doesn't have the QB needs to find the QB. A team who has the QB in place can add "that one piece" all they want and it may or may not move the needle.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Both the Buccs and Rams felt they needed that one piece on offense, signed a FA WR, and both scored TDs in the Super Bowl to help their team win a SB.

Meanwhile Packers fans rationalize trading up for an awful QB.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Aug 2022 21:47
Both the Buccs and Rams felt they needed that one piece on offense, signed a FA WR, and both scored TDs in the Super Bowl to help their team win a SB.

Do you think it was the WR additions, or adding Stafford and Brady that put them over the top?

Come on now.

You made a post about going out to get the QB. DrJ followed up to add in the Bucs, who went and got Brady. The rest of their roster composition and roster-building strategy works sometimes and doesn't sometimes. Recency bias has everyone jumping back on that train, but you can't count on your fingers the number of times teams have gone all-in on name free agent additions and still failed.

It also took McVay until his 5th year to win the Super Bowl. Arians got it in his 7th year as a HC. Y'all are comparing the middle of some stories to the beginning of ours. It's like going into 2010 when Rodgers had played 2 years and "couldn't win the big one" because he was 0-1 in the playoffs. Gutey and MLF have somehow failed by not winning yet in years 3 and 4?

We'll talk if Rodgers retires without a second ring. That'll be disappointing--not tragic, but disappointing. Until then, y'all all are just going to cherry pick examples of when your way worked and imply that any other way is doomed. But there is no one way to do it.

The only thing that stands up to scrutiny is that when Hall of Fame QBs play on mid-level or rookie contracts, your SB odds skyrocket. Everything else is just different preferences that all have merit but are not universally successful

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Aug 2022 21:47

There were some, but not many that liked the Love pick (especially trading up).