General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]NCF[/mention] I thought you were saying the sole reason he did not play in 2020 was because he took a COVID year. My bad, if that was not your intent.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Aug 2021 15:21
@NCF I thought you were saying the sole reason he did not play in 2020 was because he took a COVID year. My bad, if that was not your intent.
No worries. That is why I clarified. I do, personally, think, based on everything I have read and surmised, myself, that it played a bigger role than advertised because he was released by the Rams and thus a FA. He didn't have to say, "I am sitting out", he just didn't have to sign with anyone.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
14 Aug 2021 15:20
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Aug 2021 15:04
This is not complicated at all and Pro Football Reference is not making it so.
It's, at least, semi-complicated that you cannot add sacks, hurries, and knockdowns to get to total pressures, but yeah, you need the half-sack breakdown in order to get there.
he's right though I did get this turned around some, I meant to say total pressures and not total hurries,

I think PFF scores it as 2 half sacks equals 1 sack so instead of 10 sacks and 4 half sacks they simply score it as 12 sacks, and a half sack is still scored as 1 pressure.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That's exactly how Pro Football Reference scores it as well.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Aug 2021 13:03
Yoop wrote:
14 Aug 2021 12:59
go pak go wrote:
14 Aug 2021 12:31
I find it interesting that the "Rodgers is acting ridiculous camp" is leaning more on the side of "screw it...get Rodgers what he wants and let's get this last dance team complete."

And the "Management screwed Rodgers camp and should concede to his every wish as the cost of drafting Love is like

..."this move makes no sense. We are already so deep at Linebacker"
wha? I bet that Mathews is still better then anyone not named Smith or Gary, and Mathews is the one that emailed someone about wanting to play again for us, Rodgers and Cobb simply agreed they'd like him back.

you really hate that the FO caved in that Rodgers should have a voice in some personal decisions don't you? :rotf:
You really don't read. Like ever. Don't you. :rotf:
I read, but not well, next time use pictures please :rotf:

hey like I've told you, you sound like a porta john lawyer posing as a IRS agent ;)

PFF has 5 or so guys that over view all there interns, so everything is double and triple checked, so when you say they are simply more liberal with handing out hurries I tend to doubt that as much as I think PFR is simply a lot more stingy, I've seen big discrepancy's between them and other data reporting articles, as Branden or someone else mentioned PFR is pretty new, and PFF has been around for close to 2 decades, for the first couple years they where under staffed, but I don't think thats the case any more, I read somewhere that just about every nfl team buys there reports and most colleges too, if thats in fact true then that to me means they are reputable.

seriously now just look at the total pressure difference with Aaron Donalds PFF scores

🔹 2020 - Aaron Donald: 98
🔹 2019 - Za'Darius Smith: 93
🔹 2018 - Aaron Donald: 106
🔹 2017 - Aaron Donald: 91

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/0 ... l-ranking/

and PFR isn't even in the same ball park, they have Aarons best season as 70 total pressures, and only 45 for last year, thats a lot of liberality then from PFF, thats less then half the totals.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... naAa00.htm

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Aug 2021 15:49
That's exactly how Pro Football Reference scores it as well.
I like PFF more, there numbers jive, I've read plenty of football articles and USA today, CBS, they all quote PFF numbers, just look at the # differences for Donald I just brought from both places, PFF can't be so liberal with counting hurries that it doubles total pressure counts.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I would like PFF numbers too, but they are inaccessible.

I can't say either set is the right one or the wrong one.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Aug 2021 16:46

ya to bad they are now a pay site, I've not checked what they charge, getting a bit old to pay for data of which I would use so little, heck actually I don't need to be balls on accurate anyway, close is usually good enough.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Quick question since I ignore the offseason for more pure atmosphere during the season: In the last days I often stumbled over articles about AR‘s „last dance“ season. Is it by any means his last season and then he‘s gone or is this just the media doing media-stuff (speculating, click-bait)?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Aug 2021 16:58
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Aug 2021 16:46

ya to bad they are now a pay site, I've not checked what they charge, getting a bit old to pay for data of which I would use so little, heck actually I don't need to be balls on accurate anyway, close is usually good enough.
$200 a year.

No one is asking for balls on accuracy, simply accuracy. The statement must actually be accurate and support the point/conclusion.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

German_Panzer wrote:
14 Aug 2021 17:08
Quick question since I ignore the offseason for more pure atmosphere during the season: In the last days I often stumbled over articles about AR‘s „last dance“ season. Is it by any means his last season and then he‘s gone or is this just the media doing media-stuff (speculating, click-bait)?
Hard to envision a scenario where he is back. If they do decide he is the guy, they basically have to blow up the team and start over which doesn’t make sense unless Rodgers makes a 5-year commitment.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I don't think anyone really knows if this will be Rodgers last season as a Packer including him, but he sure seems to be throwing his weight around with this Mathews thing, he's got Cobb and Bakh now backing him up, and the article does say " Last Dance". I didn't see this article till just now, and see what some others are hinting, " keep this behind closed doors" doing it through the media is bound to rustle up some ill feelings with Guty, course Rodgers doesn't seem to care about that so much any more, which to me is not a good selling point in any case, whatever I'd still like to see Clay in G&G if he still has the stuff.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-rodg ... 09615.html

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Aug 2021 16:21

I read, but not well, next time use pictures please :rotf:

hey like I've told you, you sound like a porta john lawyer posing as a IRS agent ;)

PFF has 5 or so guys that over view all there interns, so everything is double and triple checked, so when you say they are simply more liberal with handing out hurries I tend to doubt that as much as I think PFR is simply a lot more stingy,
Okay dude. Number one, I was pretty darned clear on my explanations. It took me and Pckfn23 roughly 5 pages of pretty darned succinct and clear explanation between the two sites. That is something we did not have to do. I am glad you finally understand the difference.

But to follow it up, the pure irony of calling me "porta john lawyer" and following up with this

Yoop wrote:
14 Aug 2021 16:21
so when you say they are simply more liberal with handing out hurries I tend to doubt that as much as I think PFR is simply a lot more stingy,
I mean really... :box: :lol: and I'm the porta john lawyer talk?

You are absolutely ridiculous. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Aug 2021 17:23
I don't think anyone really knows if this will be Rodgers last season as a Packer including him, but he sure seems to be throwing his weight around with this Mathews thing, he's got Cobb and Bakh now backing him up, and the article does say " Last Dance". I didn't see this article till just now, and see what some others are hinting, " keep this behind closed doors" doing it through the media is bound to rustle up some ill feelings with Guty, course Rodgers doesn't seem to care about that so much any more, which to me is not a good selling point in any case, whatever I'd still like to see Clay in G&G if he still has the stuff.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-rodg ... 09615.html
I'm all about the Matthews train. I think the biggest thing is does Matthews actually want to get paid? Or is Rodgers willing to take a pay cut to do it?

If Clay takes vet minumu or even like $2 million or less I am on board. But anything more and it's not feasible.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Aug 2021 17:48
Okay dude. Number one, I was pretty darned clear on my explanations. It took me and Pckfn23 roughly 5 pages of pretty darned succinct and clear explanation between the two sites. That is something we did not have to do. I am glad you finally understand the difference.
you act as though I've been wrong and you and 23 are right, get serious sonny, I've been doing this shiot since you where a glitter in your daddy's dreams, been adding up pass rush numbers since then to, enough with your insults, for christ sakes you can't even take a joke without getting all ass burnt about it. :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Aug 2021 19:03
go pak go wrote:
14 Aug 2021 17:48
you act as though I've been wrong and you and 23 are right, get serious sonny, I've been doing this shiot since you where a glitter in your daddy's dreams, been adding up pass rush numbers since then to, enough with your insults, for christ sakes you can't even take a joke without getting all ass burnt about it. :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:
you were wrong
Yoop wrote:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Adam Schefter reporting MRI on Love's shoulder came back clean. :aok:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from Ryan Wood

Coach Jason Vrable on Allen Lazard's mentality:
"He literally is almost pissed off every day when he puts the pads on and steps between the white lines. He's on a mission."
He says Lazard brings "violent" mentality to the game.

Not a lot of WRs that might be described that way."

IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The fact the Packers didn't suit up Lazard last Saturday should tell people he is a lock for this roster.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »