Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
11 May 2021 08:40

However, the longer this goes and the more 12 is silent, I think he is just gonna show up at camp like nothing has been going on. It looks like he may try to play dumb. I am leaning toward him being the 2021 QB in one way or another.
I think you are spot on here. I can very, very much see Rodgers show up to camp and then act like a $%@# to every reporter that asks him about the offseason and go on his "the media sucks" tirade while also agreeing to be on the McAfee show again so he gets his 25 minute platform each week to talk about the story in his own way and paint his image in his own way.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
11 May 2021 10:10
Drj820 wrote:

However, the longer this goes and the more 12 is silent, I think he is just gonna show up at camp like nothing has been going on. It looks like he may try to play dumb. I am leaning toward him being the 2021 QB in one way or another.
I think you are spot on here. I can very, very much see Rodgers show up to camp and then act like a $%@# to every reporter that asks him about the offseason and go on his "the media sucks" tirade while also agreeing to be on the McAfee show again so he gets his 25 minute platform each week to talk about the story in his own way and paint his image in his own way.
100%. I feel very strongly this is how its gonna play out ha
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
11 May 2021 10:13
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

And honestly I would take it if he does. The Packers win in that situation. We get to keep Rodgers for one more season to have our shot.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

If it does go the other direction, I wonder how the Packers play it to work to their advantage. I just keep thinking with Denver and Las Vegas as the two top contenders, in the same division, what is the best way to start getting them to bid against each other?

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
11 May 2021 11:08
If it does go the other direction, I wonder how the Packers play it to work to their advantage. I just keep thinking with Denver and Las Vegas as the two top contenders, in the same division, what is the best way to start getting them to bid against each other?
strategic leaks and rumors that deals are imminent. That part will be easy. The media obsession with the story will take care of it mostly on its own.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

nah...Aaron will talk.
But right now he is letting Kuhn, Adams, James Jones do the talking for him. Once resolution is achieved, he will speak and he will answer questions with carefully crafted responses, allowing both him and the front office to save face. I even expect a joint Rodgers/Gute presser show of solidarity - there's no way this franchise and the 2021 Team can move forward without a public display of affection. You want to chase a Title ?

Swallow some pride and get everybody going in the same direction, can't win a Lombardi without it.
IT. IS. TIME

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Same. I don't think we budge and I think Rodgers then must choose to pretend it was all overblown.

And frankly that's probably my preferred outcome.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
11 May 2021 10:16
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

And honestly I would take it if he does. The Packers win in that situation. We get to keep Rodgers for one more season to have our shot.
I say keep him here for the remainder of his contract. He either plays or retires, and either option is fine with me. He said he wants to play his entire career here, after all. He doesn't like the year-to-year, tough nuggets. Shouldn't have been a diva about it.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

I haven't seen on here that anyone has mentioned Davante Adam's comment that if Rodgers leaves he will have to look carefully at whether he will want to stay in GB. This is not something I really want to hear right now. If this Rodgers situation begins to impact losing or getting other players, then you have to examine whether organizational change is now necessary.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

texas wrote:
12 May 2021 04:00
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Same. I don't think we budge and I think Rodgers then must choose to pretend it was all overblown.

And frankly that's probably my preferred outcome.
I just want to see Lynn Dickey jerseys everywhere ! :shock:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

williewasgreat wrote:
12 May 2021 05:01
I haven't seen on here that anyone has mentioned Davante Adam's comment that if Rodgers leaves he will have to look carefully at whether he will want to stay in GB. This is not something I really want to hear right now. If this Rodgers situation begins to impact losing or getting other players, then you have to examine whether organizational change is now necessary.
To me was pretty obvious. He's had 1 guy, who just happens to be one of the best to ever do it, throw him the ball. A luxury not many get. To think about changing that is natural. He may not be able to follow Aaron if he goes someplace else. But the situation potentially changes dramatically if Aaron leaves. Every player will start to question it.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Authoritarianism, we desire complete obedience from our players, blind obedience in fact, we don't want them to know what we are even thinking, when we do decide to do something we'll inform them with a text message, scratch that, we'll leak it to the media to inform them they've been traded, according to several past players thats about how it went down with them.

if that is in fact true ( and I don't know that it is) I could see why/how it would upset players, and I think in Rodgers case some of it could be when ya look at how the FO has handled stuff since prior to TT demotion, hush hush, and on the QT doesn't work as well in sports any more.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BSA wrote:
11 May 2021 11:12
nah...Aaron will talk.
But right now he is letting Kuhn, Adams, James Jones do the talking for him. Once resolution is achieved, he will speak and he will answer questions with carefully crafted responses, allowing both him and the front office to save face. I even expect a joint Rodgers/Gute presser show of solidarity - there's no way this franchise and the 2021 Team can move forward without a public display of affection. You want to chase a Title ?

Swallow some pride and get everybody going in the same direction, can't win a Lombardi without it.
A lot of good to this. April, May, and June are the time for stuff like this. By August, everybody forgets. And by September, it's game time and nobody will care how mad Aaron got or how the FO did this or that. Meanwhile, it's all just media fodder.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
12 May 2021 09:53
Authoritarianism, we desire complete obedience from our players, blind obedience in fact, we don't want them to know what we are even thinking, when we do decide to do something we'll inform them with a text message, scratch that, we'll leak it to the media to inform them they've been traded, according to several past players thats about how it went down with them.

if that is in fact true ( and I don't know that it is) I could see why/how it would upset players, and I think in Rodgers case some of it could be when ya look at how the FO has handled stuff since prior to TT demotion, hush hush, and on the QT doesn't work as well in sports any more.
All of us regular guys have to suck it up and act like the FO wants us to every day. If we don't like it, we go and work for ourselves. But somehow, pro athletes are expected that it's okay for them to demand more respect from a FO. I don't buy that. I'm not saying that isn't the way that it is. I'm just not buying into the narrative that MVPs or Super Bowl heroes or starting players should be able to tell the FO what to do and then it's okay for them to toss a fit when they don't get their way.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

I do agree that I don't like the practices that the FO has when it decides to break up with players.

Like I don't like that they never reached out to Corey Linsley. For god sake just tell the man the Packers can't afford him any higher than $X and if he sees significantly better offers in the market he can do as he chooses but the Packers have loved the years he has provided.

That sh*t pisses me off when I hear how cold the FO at the end of the relationship.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
12 May 2021 10:14
Yoop wrote:

All of us regular guys have to suck it up and act like the FO wants us to every day. If we don't like it, we go and work for ourselves. But somehow, pro athletes are expected that it's okay for them to demand more respect from a FO. I don't buy that. I'm not saying that isn't the way that it is. I'm just not buying into the narrative that MVPs or Super Bowl heroes or starting players should be able to tell the FO what to do and then it's okay for them to toss a fit when they don't get their way.
lots of people in all walks of live demand more respect then us lowly normy's grace, I would get into this deeper but I'am not allowed to here.
it is a sign of respect when owners include there opinions when they make decisions that will affect them.

when a person has something in high demand then typically they are afforded special treatment, and considerations normally not given to others.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 May 2021 10:21
Yoop wrote:

I do agree that I don't like the practices that the FO has when it decides to break up with players.

Like I don't like that they never reached out to Corey Linsley. For god sake just tell the man the Packers can't afford him any higher than $X and if he sees significantly better offers in the market he can do as he chooses but the Packers have loved the years he has provided.

That sh*t pisses me off when I hear how cold the FO at the end of the relationship.
right

heck Linsley, Sitton, Lang, etc. etc. probably new we could not afford to extend them, however a simple explanation saying so is in order, our people skills need to be better then that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
12 May 2021 10:29
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

right

heck Linsley, Sitton, Lang, etc. etc. probably new we could not afford to extend them, however a simple explanation saying so is in order, our people skills need to be better then that.
Sitton wasn't for money reasons but apparrently different reasons.

I am not willing to go on your side though fully that Rodgers is a crusader for the laborer. Because the optics with him up to this point shows he is not for the everyday common player and I don't liken his issues with what the FO did for lunch pale guys like Linsley at all.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Good post Yoop. I agree with you. This does seem to be how we have treated our players, and why? Seems so pointless. How they treated Linsley was a disgrace. Also Leroy butler said on radio he moved to GB at some point and expected to get involved with the team in some capacity but couldn’t even get a call back for a conversation. He said he had to go to therapy over it. I understand not hiring Leroy for a FO job, but can we at least call the Packer legend back please???

It might be more that the cold weather that keeps FAs from wanting to come to GB, and Gutey needs to improve that aspect of his job FAST. Life and success is about relationships, much more than inherent knowledge.

I respectfully disagree with [mention]Scott4Pack[/mention] about HOFers and special treatment. They do get special treatment bc if you stand on principle and don’t budge with them and they leave, you are a significantly worse team and people probably lost their jobs. So you put up with them to a degree and keep them happy so they will stay on the team and help you win games. Like you can be hard and firm and lose, or extend some privelage and go to two NFCCGs in a row and have your qb for 3 more years. I prefer to have the HOFer.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 May 2021 10:33
Yoop wrote:
12 May 2021 10:29
go pak go wrote:

right

Sitton wasn't for money reasons but apparrently different reasons.

I am not willing to go on your side though fully that Rodgers is a crusader for the laborer. Because the optics with him up to this point shows he is not for the everyday common player and I don't liken his issues with what the FO did for lunch pale guys like Linsley at all.
how do you know it wasn't money issues with Sitton? (less I'am wrong) his contract was up, he was a FA when he left, he simply pointed out some flaws when leaving.

and you also don't know what was said between Rodgers, Murph or Guty, for all we know Linsley's name could have been brought up, and the manor in which the FO has cut loose players, the optics actually do support Rodgers relations with other players, when have you ever heard him chastise one for anything other then being as prepared to play as possible? I can't ever think of a occasion when he has talked poorly of any, look how often he has said he likes his receivers (including the 3 mid rounders I called the stooges, of course openly this looks like it's all about him, obviously he can't stand up and bellow I'am doing this for the team, even though his actions will help player FO relations going forward, Guty even said as much when he said he should have been more transparent.