Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Mar 2023 11:47
BF004 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 11:46

Right. So does that indicate that Clark will be part of a trade to the Packers? Have to wonder…
I think the jets just need a safety regardless
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

wallyuwl wrote:
09 Mar 2023 11:18

Will AR have a broken thumb in 2023? The receivers won't be rookies anymore. But it would benefit AR and the team if he showed up to non-mandatory workouts/camps. Don't think it will matter, though, looks increasingly likely he will be traded.
My very thinking. If AR shines in Big Apple we might look back at this as a mistake.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 10:09
Not that I wish injury on 12. I actually hope he does well in NY, if he goes.

But age 39 season it was the thumb.
Whats age 40 gonna be like?

I think his arm talent is gonna be there, I think the injury cliff was come soon.

Glad it hits in NY and not GB
Rodgers actually played through a knee thing too. He’s actually a pretty tough guy and plays through quite a lot. No reason that I can think of that he wouldn’t continue to do the same. For Pete’s sake, he had a cracked fibula when he came back in the same game against da Bears and played the entire season.
Mortals can play through stuff in their 30s they can’t in their 40s. I never said Rodgers wasn’t tough.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Mar 2023 11:52
wallyuwl wrote:
09 Mar 2023 11:18

Will AR have a broken thumb in 2023? The receivers won't be rookies anymore. But it would benefit AR and the team if he showed up to non-mandatory workouts/camps. Don't think it will matter, though, looks increasingly likely he will be traded.
My very thinking. If AR shines in Big Apple we might look back at this as a mistake.
wont matter much what Rodgers does after he leaves us, what will matter is how Love does. :dunno:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Yoop wrote:
09 Mar 2023 12:08

wont matter much what Rodgers does after he leaves us, what will matter is how Love does. :dunno:
Even if Love is the next GOAT he will suck in his first season bc he‘s (effectively) a rookie. No #12, no Playoffs in 2024, that‘s a given in my opinion.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

This may be what kills the deal. Does Aaron want to commit to all the OTAs in order to get the WRs in sync with him? I'm guessing he lobbied for Lazard, Cobb, or Tonyan during those 11 hours so they can help the other receivers.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 11:53
Scott4Pack wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 10:09
Not that I wish injury on 12. I actually hope he does well in NY, if he goes.

But age 39 season it was the thumb.
Whats age 40 gonna be like?

I think his arm talent is gonna be there, I think the injury cliff was come soon.

Glad it hits in NY and not GB
Rodgers actually played through a knee thing too. He’s actually a pretty tough guy and plays through quite a lot. No reason that I can think of that he wouldn’t continue to do the same. For Pete’s sake, he had a cracked fibula when he came back in the same game against da Bears and played the entire season.
Mortals can play through stuff in their 30s they can’t in their 40s. I never said Rodgers wasn’t tough.
Aaron Rodgers is no mere mortal

Just had to say that.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

packman114 wrote:
09 Mar 2023 12:20
This may be what kills the deal. Does Aaron want to commit to all the OTAs in order to get the WRs in sync with him? I'm guessing he lobbied for Lazard, Cobb, or Tonyan during those 11 hours so they can help the other receivers.
I think we're well beyond those types of things. It's compensation now.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Mar 2023 12:14
Yoop wrote:

Even if Love is the next GOAT he will suck in his first season bc he‘s (effectively) a rookie. No #12, no Playoffs in 2024, that‘s a given in my opinion.
Fans wont accept that :kaboom: , If Love wasn't ready to take this team to the PO's and beyond then dumping Rodgers was obviously a mistake, besides we are probably going to have to ea ea eat that 60 million mega bucks just to get rid of him :thwap:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

German_Panzer wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Don't you mean "no playoffs in 2023"? Because unless Love flat-out sucks, 2024 will be him with a year of starting experience.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

The very next Playoffs are in 2024, right? To get there Love has to make this team doing pretty good in the 2023 season. Wont happen, look at 2008 with Rodgers. I mean I‘d be thrilled but I do not see it bc Love will make beginner mistakes and some will cost us a game.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Mar 2023 12:33
The very next Playoffs are in 2024, right? To get there Love has to make this team doing pretty good in the 2023 season. Wont happen, look at 2008 with Rodgers. I mean I‘d be thrilled but I do not see it bc Love will make beginner mistakes and some will cost us a game.
Oh I see, you're going by calendar year. Typically they would be referred to as the 2023 playoffs because they are part of the 2023 season.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Gotta admit, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we get anything less than a 1st round pick for Rodgers, but the way things are being reported, that might be the case. To think, a year ago, we probably could have gotten him for a king's ransom. Instead, we shot ourselves in the foot with a horrible contract and mediocre play by Rodgers. It was a tough decision for Gutey for sure. Tough to trade a back to back MVP.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
09 Mar 2023 12:51
Gotta admit, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we get anything less than a 1st round pick for Rodgers, but the way things are being reported, that might be the case. To think, a year ago, we probably could have gotten him for a king's ransom. Instead, we shot ourselves in the foot with a horrible contract and mediocre play by Rodgers. It was a tough decision for Gutey for sure. Tough to trade a back to back MVP.
thats what ive been saying. Albert Breer said Packers may can expect a 4th round pick if they dont eat significant amounts of the contract!

Some are starting to grasp how awful/stupid that contract really was and how it wouldnt just magically disappear.

Also, the decision wasnt so tough. Gute could absolutely have wanted Rodgers back. That was his choice and that was his decision. Rodgers then should have come back and played under the wonderful contract he was under.

He would not be a Free Agent, we would not get a draft pick, but we would also not have any dead money. We could have also tagged Rodgers and traded Rodgers like we did for Adams. Many options available outside of sabotoging trade value and crippling the franchise financially.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
09 Mar 2023 12:21
German_Panzer wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Fans wont accept that :kaboom: , If Love wasn't ready to take this team to the PO's and beyond then dumping Rodgers was obviously a mistake, besides we are probably going to have to ea ea eat that 60 million mega bucks just to get rid of him :thwap:
WTF?? This is so dumb!!! :thwap: That's like saying it was a mistake to trade Favre and go with Rodgers, because he was an unknown and didn't take this team to the playoffs, and we would have gotten 2 sure-thing good years from Favre.

>'but u don't know Love will be Rodgers, ololo!"

Doesn't matter. It's still the same stupid logic: having the whole decision hinge on next year is ridiculous when one guy is physiologically able to play in the NFL for many years longer and can potentially more than justify the decision with what happens in later years.
Last edited by Labrev on 09 Mar 2023 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A number of us have said that the decision to move on with Rodgers in spring 2022 was a mistake. Myself included.

Having said all that, Gute still has the opportunity to salvage this decision if he can get at least a 1st (I'm still hoping for a 1st and next year 2nd). Anything lower than 1st round compensation then absolutely invites the criticism.

We already know a mistake was made in 2022. How bad the mistake was and how much we can salvage is still not determined. I won't say much more beyond that at the moment. We are in a waiting game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Mar 2023 13:00
A number of us have said that the decision to move on with Rodgers in spring 2022 was a mistake. Myself included.

Having said all that, Gute still has the opportunity to salvage this decision if he can get at least a 1st (I'm still hoping for a 1st and next year 2nd). Anything lower than 1st round compensation then absolutely invites the criticism.

We already know a mistake was made in 2022. How bad the mistake was and how much we can salvage is still not determined. I won't say much more beyond that at the moment. We are in a waiting game.
I say he gets a pass only if he can get that 13th overall.

Even if we send our 3rd with Rodgers in order to get it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
09 Mar 2023 12:58
Yoop wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

WTF?? This is so dumb!!! :thwap: That's like saying it was a mistake to trade Favre and go with Rodgers, because he was an unknown and didn't take this team to the playoffs, and we would have gotten 2 sure-thing good years from Favre.

Doesn't matter. It's still the same stupid logic.
Basically I'm reading now that there is a higher level of expectations for Jordan Love in 2023 (getting us to the playoffs) than there was on Aaron Rodgers in 2022.

That's pretty stupid.

"But would if we don't get to the playoffs?!"....well I just lived that and I survived.

What's worse than not making the playoffs in 2023 with Jordan Love? Not making the playoffs again with Aaron Rodgers. That's what.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Acrobat wrote:
09 Mar 2023 12:51
My personal opinion is that the Packers get the Jets' 1st round pick and give the Jets their 2nd round pick. And then the same thing in 2024 conditional on Rodgers not retiring. I would be happy with that.

As for back to back MVP, it was also back to back choke in the playoffs.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
09 Mar 2023 12:58
Yoop wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

Doesn't matter. It's still the same stupid logic.
ya know what was dumb, giving Rodgers a 120 mil. the off season of 2018 when he still had 2 years left on his existing contract, that was just as dumb as giving him 150 mil. last year at this time, yet no belly aching from fans at all in 2018 and not much last year, I think I was the only one to !@#$ a bitch about in 2018

no way I'd have done that either year, no way, and now I have to listen to belly achers like you now, you call me a Taliban and the rest of your vile BS when I've been the logical person through out all of this, specially so if we end up eating all the dead money anyway

again I only care about winning right now, I never cross bridges till I get to them, your so wrapped up in tomorrow you've pissed all over today, and if Love bust ( hope not) there will be a lot more changes a year or two from now, Murphy, Gute, Lafleur's jobs depend on Love

I bet you where one of the people that cheered when Ted made Rodgers the richest players in the NFL back in 2012, or whenever that was