Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 08:38

Not sure if I’m in anti fun club but I post about the same
I would agree. You do post the same. :aok:

Go freaking Pack Go!!!!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I just know that I’ve been on the right side of every issue.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 08:43
I'm pretty sure in my August Prediction Thread I posted the following about our 2023 season.
go pak go wrote:
08 Dec 2023 08:42
August 23, 2023 6:00 AM
@ Bears - Win
@ ATL - Loss
NO - Win
DET - Loss
@ Vegas - Loss
@ Denver - Loss
MN - Loss
LAR - Win
@ Pitt - Loss
LAC - Win
@ DET - Win
KC - Win
I can't find the rest of the post though. I will keep searching and hopefully find what I said in about a month or so for the rest of the reglar season.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Dec 2023 22:50
If the bears offered us their upcoming #1 overall pick for Jordan Love in the off-season, would you hope we take it?
Long time ago. Over at footballs future, maybe like 2010 or 2011, I said I wouldn’t trade Jordy Nelson for the #1 pick. Boy did I get hammered on that one, lol. Jordy had an amazing career after, still not sure if that would have been right or not, lol.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 10:00
Drj820 wrote:
07 Dec 2023 22:50
If the bears offered us their upcoming #1 overall pick for Jordan Love in the off-season, would you hope we take it?
Long time ago. Over at footballs future, maybe like 2010 or 2011, I said I wouldn’t trade Jordy Nelson for the #1 pick. Boy did I get hammered on that one, lol. Jordy had an amazing career after, still not sure if that would have been right or not, lol.
I asked my bears fan buddy the question and he said "no"

i then roasted him about how lafleur has done all the hard work for him. They cant develop a young QB at all, so maybe trade for a young one thats already developed and set for super stardom. I took the opportunity to abuse him and remind him the bears suck
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
08 Dec 2023 08:18
APB wrote:
08 Dec 2023 07:17
Drj820 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 06:50
Not only have I not negatively judged Love, I generally defended him and said it’s hard to evaluate him when everything around him is such a mess. His accuracy was an issue for sure, I expect it to be an issue in the future too. But he just has a smoothness about him that indicated to me he could make the plays a starting QB needs to make.
Weren't you a founding member of the "we were right" club? Remember that from a few weeks back? I do.

The one boasting about how the team shouldn't have moved on from Rodgers? How Love wasn't cutting it? The one rubbing other's noses in while welcoming members to the "we were right" team when they acknowledged Love was lacking? You and "it was fun standing in the trenches with you and taking bullets from the haters. we were right!" buddy @bud fox...?

Wasn't that you? Pretty sure it was...
you and half this forum did the same thing, hell most of you still fence sit and wont commit to saying Love is our next franchise QB, gotta wait to see him go HOF caliber longer, if that aint luke warm what is.

taking a passive stance means your never wrong, if Love fails it's "I figured this might happen" same if he succeeds, it's so PC :lol:
No, Yoop, this has been my stance pretty much all along.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Raptorman wrote:
07 Dec 2023 21:34
No. It's a typical arrogant Packer fan response. This thread and my post have nothing to do with my team winning squat.
Sure but you should be reminded of your mediocrity. You are on a Packers board. You expect not to get your cheeks clapped?
But when questioning the ability of QBs, this is brought up. Why? Because as a Vikings fan, I can't possibly know what I'm talking about.

Correct. Youve never tasted the sweet spoils of victory. You dont know what it takes to win or what it feels like to do so.
Because only Packer fans or fans of teams who have won the Super Bowl know anything.
Correct.
And it's one of the reasons why many fans of other teams hate Packer fans in general.
You hate us because you aint us. And your team smells like anus.
You think your &%$@ doesn't stink.
Correct.
Me, I don't give a crap.
You sound salty. I feel like if you didnt give acrap you would move on.
I grew up with Packer fans. Half my family is Packer fans.
Why would you swap? You certainly have to see the grass isnt greener.

Look the Vikings are basically the Packers younger brother. You get all our hand me downs trying to emulate our success. Every player we let go you are first in line. Its sad to watch. And whenever we accomplish anything you try so hard to step up to the plate and do the same but just like the younger brother we stomp you back into place where you belong.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I wouldn't trade Jordy for just any 1st round pick because he produced like you would want from a 1st round WR. Again, no point creating draft needs to get draft picks.

But for #1 overall, I think you have to make the trade. Top 1-3 you are talking about HOF-caliber guys, or if it's a weak draft, you flip it for more picks to a QB-needy team. In 2011 you have Von Miller or a "reach" (at the time, not in retrospect) for JJ Watt, two guys who single-handedly give you at least a good defense, but often a great/elite one.

Obviously, picking 32 is the best because it means you won the SuperBowl, but 2011 may have been the worst to pick 32, just a laundry list of HOF talents and perennial Pro-Bowlers. And we get last dibs on them every round... talk about being victim to your own success.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
08 Dec 2023 10:48
Yoop wrote:
08 Dec 2023 08:18
APB wrote:
08 Dec 2023 07:17

Weren't you a founding member of the "we were right" club? Remember that from a few weeks back? I do.

The one boasting about how the team shouldn't have moved on from Rodgers? How Love wasn't cutting it? The one rubbing other's noses in while welcoming members to the "we were right" team when they acknowledged Love was lacking? You and "it was fun standing in the trenches with you and taking bullets from the haters. we were right!" buddy @bud fox...?

Wasn't that you? Pretty sure it was...
you and half this forum did the same thing, hell most of you still fence sit and wont commit to saying Love is our next franchise QB, gotta wait to see him go HOF caliber longer, if that aint luke warm what is.

taking a passive stance means your never wrong, if Love fails it's "I figured this might happen" same if he succeeds, it's so PC :lol:
No, Yoop, this has been my stance pretty much all along.

:aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

can anyone imagine investing 3 years grooming Love, and then trading him for a first round pick? even the top pick, based on what we saw 6 or 7 weeks back, people said he was inaccurate, was making poor decisions, and all the other stuff, over looking the free rushers, as well as the receivers imitating the Chinese fire drill, lack of run production, with Barry doing his classic dare you beat these super soft zones routine defenses garbage? me neither, neither of these top two QB's are sure things, and Love right now looks like a number one draft QB in any draft class :mrgreen:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

But he was too inaccurate and making too many poor decisions 5 weeks back, independent of anything else around him... Like the rest of the team he has improved.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BSA wrote:
07 Dec 2023 22:11

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

IT. IS. TIME

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Acrobat wrote:
08 Dec 2023 08:32
I was right, and when I was wrong, I was right about being wrong at the time, and now I'm right again.
BF004 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 08:43
Well lookie here, we got ourselves a couple of politicians. Get the tar and feathers!

:mob:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 11:28
But he was too inaccurate and making too many poor decisions 5 weeks back, independent of anything else around him... Like the rest of the team he has improved.
and you don't know why? here's a clue, Pass rush interrupts the mental processing, as does not knowing where the receiver is going, lack of chemistry with receivers, if ya don't have consistency with any of this stuff how is a QB to be accurate, or make quick and accurate decisions, you over look the issues to arrive at the opinion you have, clean pocket against Chicago showed Love was ready for this stage

It was the same stuff early last season with Rodgers.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Dec 2023 13:09
Pckfn23 wrote:
and you don't know why? here's a clue, Pass rush interrupts the mental processing, as does not knowing where the receiver is going, lack of chemistry with receivers, if ya don't have consistency with any of this stuff how is a QB to be accurate, or make quick and accurate decisions, you over look the issues to arrive at the opinion you have, clean pocket against Chicago showed Love was ready for this stage

Even with a clean pocket Love was not hitting like he should 5 weeks ago. Independent of everything else Love wasn't playing like he should have been. That has changed and he has improved immensely.

Jordan Love himself has made himself better over the last 5 weeks. Not all his struggles the first 2 months can be placed on outside factors.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 13:20
Yoop wrote:
08 Dec 2023 13:09
Pckfn23 wrote:

Even with a clean pocket Love was not hitting like he should 5 weeks ago. Independent of everything else Love wasn't playing like he should have been. That has changed and he has improved immensely.

Jordan Love himself has made himself better over the last 5 weeks.
he would have been fine 5 weeks ago to, of course he's improved, he has 5 more starts with everything from the team improving.

we'll have to agree to disagree.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

He always playing "fine" considering he was a first year starter. He was not playing "fine" if judged without that understandable caveat.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/1 ... s-offense/

50 percent of his dropbacks against Detroit and on over one-third of them against Las Vegas. After facing little pressure the first three games, his internal clock, in terms of how much time he has in the pocket, has had to adjust on the fly. Love has gone from often having all the time he needs to sometimes not even being able to make it to his second progression, impacting his decision-making, which can lead to more forced throws. When pressure gets home quickly, it doesn’t really matter what the play call is at that point.

add the receivers dropping passes, Watson hurt to start the season, just made it a tough start for Love, imho your seeing 08 Rodgers, minus, the receivers and better OL play.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]Yoop[/mention] are you saying that Jordan Love was perfect and holds no amount of "blame" (for lack of a better word) for how the offense functioned in first 7 weeks of the season?