Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
24 May 2023 10:21
APB wrote:
24 May 2023 09:40
Yoop wrote:
24 May 2023 08:55
thanks Yoho, appreciate the comment, the grilling just drags out the back and forth, I'll keep trying to refrain from them, my bad.
And then 3 MINUTES LATER your VERY NEXT SENTENCE in your VERY NEXT POST:
Yoop wrote:what was your take, seriously, do you think our coach is a wussy?
Yet another instance of you instigating another hostile exchange. I have no idea why you felt the need to put words in my mouth or use such provocative language in response to my completely unopinionated and innocuous question.

Yeah, Yoho's advice to avoid confrontation with you was well put and applicable, but it goes both ways. How about YOU trying to communicate in ways that don't come across as being a complete $%@# a-hole.
cripes man you saw the vid, no pads means no scrums, no physical contact, you where insinuating that Lafleur is a soft coach.
AGAIN, quit trying to put words in my mouth!
APB wrote:Curious to hear what, if any, takeaways one takes from this tweet, assuming it's accurate:
I insinuated NOTHING in my original post. Your response was completely unnecessary and intentionally provocative.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
24 May 2023 10:25
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Yet another instance of you instigating another hostile exchange. I have no idea why you felt the need to put words in my mouth or use such provocative language in response to my completely unopinionated and innocuous question.

Yeah, Yoho's advice to avoid confrontation with you was well put and applicable, but it goes both ways. How about YOU trying to communicate in ways that don't come across as being a complete $%@# a-hole.
cripes man you saw the vid, no pads means no scrums, no physical contact, you where insinuating that Lafleur is a soft coach.

I insinuated NOTHING in my original post. Your response was completely unnecessary and intentionally provocative.
of course you did, thats why you asked the question, and you do it to me all the time, guess since your a mod it's ok when you do it

and you should know for christ sakes we don't practice the physical stuff in SHORTS

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

APB wrote:Curious to hear what, if any, takeaways one takes from this tweet, assuming it's accurate:
Relax mod. Set a good example.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
24 May 2023 10:33
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

While APB and I have had differences in the past, I stand by him here. Too many threads poisoned and a repeat pattern of lack of integrity by the person he called out with a specific example of just that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
24 May 2023 10:38
Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:

While APB and I have had differences in the past, I stand by him here. Too many threads poisoned and a repeat pattern of lack of integrity by the person he called out with a specific example of just that.
go look in the mirror acrobat, it's a two way street, when you brow beat people with stupid clarifying questions you are instigating the cross talk just as much as I ever do, APB's question was easily answered, all he had to do was realize teams don't use OTA's to practice physical stuff like tackling or recovering fumbles, thats why Lafleur said what he did, prior to all of this APB as with the rest of us thought we didn't invest enough practice time tackling and being a physical defense, my impression through all of this that he thought as others have that Lafleur was a wussy coach., it seemed like a baited question when he posed it, so I responded as I did.

you weren't even part of the convo, so why even contribute, other then to slam me, again, get something straight, you aint running me out of this forum :argue:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
24 May 2023 06:25
Curious to hear what, if any, takeaways one takes from this tweet, assuming it's accurate:
There is NOTHING about the above that deserved the response it got.

FYI, questions are not brow beating, baiting, or instigating. They are clarifying and generally how discussions work.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 May 2023 10:55
APB wrote:
Curious to hear what, if any, takeaways one takes from this tweet, assuming it's accurate:

FYI, questions are not brow beating, baiting, or instigating. They are clarifying and generally how discussions work.
wtf, his question along with the tackling stuff we talked about a day or two back and insinuations from many was that Lafleur was a soft coach and his question had to do with Lafleurs comment, so it provoked my response.

sure maybe I should have just said there should be no physical contact in shorts, my bad, but he does it to me all the time boooo $%@# hooo

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 May 2023 10:03
APB wrote:
24 May 2023 09:47

One could argue the mindset of a team starts with the HC. If the HC is basically encouraging "business decisions" in practice, do you think that mindset translates to the playing field on Sundays?

I think that's possible.

I'm not saying it's the sole reason the tackling on defense is consistently less-than-stellar year in and year out, but you could make the argument it's a contributing factor.
When I said it is standard practice, I mean it is standard practice for all levels of football. I would bet EVERY NFL team does the same. I would bet almost every, NCAA team does the same. Even for our HS team, we make sure they stay off the ground. We drill fumble and fumble recovery, but don't want multiple guys diving on the ground, head first around other legs.

Also 2021 was a very good tackling squad. Not sure where that went in 2022.
When I was in high school if the fumbler was on the ground trying to recover the ball, they probably never saw the ball again unless they were a star player. Then they would just be running the rest of practice.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Some fun/interesting locker room conversations with the media here:

Nixon: "nobody in this locker room think of it as a rebuild... Ain't no rebuild. We comin' to win now."

Reporter: David Bakhtiari literally said that, though

Nixon:
image.png
image.png (96.35 KiB) Viewed 625 times
"Um, again, I dunno. That's between everybody else and everybody else around the building, but us in the locker room and guys that got a say-so in this building, we came to play. We'll be ready week one against the Bears, and that's how it is."

Aaron Jones: "I feel like we have all the pieces... I think we're going to surprise a lot of people."

Reporter: So you probably agree with Keisean that you don't buy into any rebuild talk with the Packers:

Aaron Jones: "If you think we're in a rebuild then you got the wrong team, wrong place. We're here to play ball; we've got everything we need... We're hungry, ya know? We're ready to prove a lot of people wrong. We know what people are saying, but everybody has an opinion and most of them stink."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 May 2023 11:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 May 2023 10:55
APB wrote:

wtf, his question along with the tackling stuff we talked about a day or two back and insinuations from many was that Lafleur was a soft coach and his question had to do with Lafleurs comment, so it provoked my response.

sure maybe I should have just said there should be no physical contact in shorts, my bad, but he does it to me all the time boooo $%@# hooo
Even if [mention]APB[/mention] outright called LaFleur a soft coach it didn't deserve the response. He didn't do ANYTHING to you. Please remember that this is a public forum, not all posts are directed at you.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 24 May 2023 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
24 May 2023 11:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 May 2023 10:03
APB wrote:
24 May 2023 09:47

One could argue the mindset of a team starts with the HC. If the HC is basically encouraging "business decisions" in practice, do you think that mindset translates to the playing field on Sundays?

I think that's possible.

I'm not saying it's the sole reason the tackling on defense is consistently less-than-stellar year in and year out, but you could make the argument it's a contributing factor.
When I said it is standard practice, I mean it is standard practice for all levels of football. I would bet EVERY NFL team does the same. I would bet almost every, NCAA team does the same. Even for our HS team, we make sure they stay off the ground. We drill fumble and fumble recovery, but don't want multiple guys diving on the ground, head first around other legs.

Also 2021 was a very good tackling squad. Not sure where that went in 2022.
When I was in high school if the fumbler was on the ground trying to recover the ball, they probably never saw the ball again unless they were a star player. Then they would just be running the rest of practice.
OK, but did that player ever fumble again? loaded question, I know lol, the success rate of that kind of punishment builds endurance, fo sure, but in order to help him hold onto the ball better I'd have him run the rest of practice on his hands :lol: but thats me. :rotf:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

"We in here talkin' about fumbles. I mean, listen: We talkin' about fumbles. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We talkin' about fumbles."

-Allen Iverson (maybe)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
24 May 2023 10:48
Acrobat wrote:
24 May 2023 10:38
Drj820 wrote:

go look in the mirror acrobat, it's a two way street, when you brow beat people with stupid clarifying questions you are instigating the cross talk just as much as I ever do, APB's question was easily answered, all he had to do was realize teams don't use OTA's to practice physical stuff like tackling or recovering fumbles, thats why Lafleur said what he did, prior to all of this APB as with the rest of us thought we didn't invest enough practice time tackling and being a physical defense, my impression through all of this that he thought as others have that Lafleur was a wussy coach., it seemed like a baited question when he posed it, so I responded as I did.

you weren't even part of the convo, so why even contribute, other then to slam me, again, get something straight, you aint running me out of this forum :argue:
No one is trying to run you out of this forum. But it appears that you want to be run out. Chill, or it might happen.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's open OTAs day!

Bakhtiari and Jenkins are in house this week (both were absent last week)

Sounds like Kraft isn't practicing

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

More notes on who is/isn't doing what:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Rookies!

:(

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Tons of Love to Doubs tweets today

Sounds like nice team action on offense.

A couple good passes from Clifford too, to no names Heath and Watts (I double checked that a WR named Watts is, in fact, on our roster)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Thanks YoHo :worship:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »