Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 14:05
@Yoop are you saying that Jordan Love was perfect and holds no amount of "blame" (for lack of a better word) for how the offense functioned in first 7 weeks of the season?
I mean we all knew this would happen right?

Take all of yoop's arguments since 2010 and do a "Find and Replace" for Aaron Rodgers to Jordan Love.

Mama Bear
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
@Yoop are you saying that Jordan Love was perfect and holds no amount of "blame" (for lack of a better word) for how the offense functioned in first 7 weeks of the season?
It's always been yoop's stance that great QBs are super important and to be worshipped, but somehow at the same time they are utterly and completely at the mercy of level of players around them, and hold no responsibility whatsoever for any bad plays or results.

It makes no sense, but he's never budging on that.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Oh yoop said well before the season began that he planned to defend Love, something down the lines of ~'no matter what' (I can't quote exactly what was said but the pledge of unconditional support was clear), just like with Rodgers.

Hey, at least he is consistent. Others who made every excuse for Rodgers and accused you of just blaming everything on him.... proceeded to blame EVERYTHING on Love, even stuff that was clearly not on him. :idn:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Dec 2023 08:18
APB wrote:
08 Dec 2023 07:17
Drj820 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 06:50
Not only have I not negatively judged Love, I generally defended him and said it’s hard to evaluate him when everything around him is such a mess. His accuracy was an issue for sure, I expect it to be an issue in the future too. But he just has a smoothness about him that indicated to me he could make the plays a starting QB needs to make.
Weren't you a founding member of the "we were right" club? Remember that from a few weeks back? I do.

The one boasting about how the team shouldn't have moved on from Rodgers? How Love wasn't cutting it? The one rubbing other's noses in while welcoming members to the "we were right" team when they acknowledged Love was lacking? You and "it was fun standing in the trenches with you and taking bullets from the haters. we were right!" buddy @bud fox...?

Wasn't that you? Pretty sure it was...
you and half this forum did the same thing, hell most of you still fence sit and wont commit to saying Love is our next franchise QB, gotta wait to see him go HOF caliber longer, if that aint luke warm what is.

taking a passive stance means your never wrong, if Love fails it's "I figured this might happen" same if he succeeds, it's so PC :lol:
Taking a passive stance is smart. We went from tanking to get our next QB from one Sunday morning, to literally 14.5 days later, saying he's our next HOF QB. How about we just tone down on both ends, gunna take a while to fully evaluate him. Even a season isn't enough, RGIII won rookie of the year for goodness sake. I wasn't ready to crucify him a month ago, and I'm not ready to crown him yet. I am and always have been incredibly bullish, but this needs time to play out.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Yoop wrote:
08 Dec 2023 13:55
imho your seeing 08 Rodgers, minus, the receivers and better OL play.
I'll stick with this, imho Love would have elevated his game much quicker with vet receivers and more consistent pass pro.

I didn't go from tanking to this, I have been as supportive of Love as anyone here right from the start ,not sure why everyone thinks I should temper my passion either.

RG3 is a whole different player, we didn't train Love to be a Run option QB, which correct me if I'am wrong is a fair description of RG3, Love was trained to be Aaron Rodgers, mostly a pocket passer, and as has been obvious, he can light it up the same as Rodgers if kept clean.

long as the coaching stays the same, and the supporting cast supports him, Love could be MVP mentioned this year and surely next, he's a sure thing, just give him that phifty million and get it over with :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yet another case of yoop arguing something no one is arguing against...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Fun fact, Matt LaFleur was QB coach of RGIII

Part of the pedigree that made me want LaFleur that offseason in 18/19.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 15:51

AND Kirk Cousins, on that team--both rookies the same year; RGIII won rookie of the year, then his body busted and Kirk came right in as a viable starter, though MLF was gone by then.

I made a strong, early case for MLF (before McCarthy was fired) based on the fact that QBs everywhere he went played their best football. The RGII best as a rookie, the Matt Ryan MVP season, Mariota wasn't good but his completion percentage at least shot up.

Then he came here and Rodgers, too, played the best football of his career; and MLF has received far too little credit for all of that.

With the development of Love from where we've seen him (low) to where we've seen him (high), it cannot be argued any longer that MLF is a true-blooded QB whisperer--a revered asset in the NFL for generations. And I'm happy to have him.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Dec 2023 17:30
BF004 wrote:

AND Kirk Cousins, on that team--both rookies the same year; RGIII won rookie of the year, then his body busted and Kirk came right in as a viable starter, though MLF was gone by then.

I made a strong, early case for MLF (before McCarthy was fired) based on the fact that QBs everywhere he went played their best football. The RGII best as a rookie, the Matt Ryan MVP season, Mariota wasn't good but his completion percentage at least shot up.

Then he came here and Rodgers, too, played the best football of his career; and MLF has received far too little credit for all of that.
All yep, my reasons he was my #1 choice that offseason.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 14:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
It's always been yoop's stance that great QBs are super important and to be worshipped, but somehow at the same time they are utterly and completely at the mercy of level of players around them, and hold no responsibility whatsoever for any bad plays or results.

You know those 80s and 90s movies where the ugly, irgnored, and bullied nerdy girl gets befriended by the popular girl who convinces her to take off her glasses, put on a skirt instead of ugly pants and suddenly she is a hottie who catches the attention of the boys?

That's a picture of how yoop looks at the backup high draft pick QB while they are backup until they become the starter. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

MLF has lately done a wonderful job cooking up on offense that suits Love, so he deserves a lot of credit on that.

But I feel like one of the big jump we saw in Love's game was when Tom Clements came aboard and helped fix up his mechanics in Year 3, whereas his progression from Year 1 to 2 with Getsy as his QB coach (who has been wholly unable to develop any kind of passing skills out of Justin Fields) was pretty disappointing. It makes me wonder how much MLF alone would have gotten out of Love.

For years we thought Mac was a QB whisperer too, then Clements left his staff and Mac had no such QB development success again.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
08 Dec 2023 19:22
MLF has lately done a wonderful job cooking up on offense that suits Love, so he deserves a lot of credit on that.

But I feel like one of the big jump we saw in Love's game was when Tom Clements came aboard and helped fix up his mechanics in Year 3, whereas his progression from Year 1 to 2 with Getsy as his QB coach (who has been wholly unable to develop any kind of passing skills out of Justin Fields) was pretty disappointing. It makes me wonder how much MLF alone would have gotten out of Love.

For years we thought Mac was a QB whisperer too, then Clements left his staff and Mac had no such QB development success again.
Mac fixed Dak too
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I heard some random pundit on Newsmax today say that Jordan Love should be Time's Person of the Year. So however much hype you think you have for Jordan Love, just know that it's not enough!

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

My main miss on Love was I got disheartened too quickly. He will have bad games yet in his career, but ultimately it seems unlikely he will regress. He handled alot of scrutiny and negativity early when he wasn't playing as well and handled it well, where others might fold. Now he has just put up too much good tape/film the last few weeks to think he will fall apart. He has "Wow" plays for everyone to see, which are even more impressive watching youtube film breakdowns and such. Its really cool to see and an exciting time to be a Packer fan. I was convinced we were a bottom 5-10 team a few weeks ago. :aok:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If mod apb is going to attack me, he should at least first be accurate. I was harsh on Lafleur earlier in the year, and I laughed at GPG when he suggested the team could win 10 games.

In these areas I am hopefully wrong about the win total, and I certainly think Lafleur deserves credit for two years in a row righting a storm and getting the team back on track.

But writing off Love, or giving up on him, of this…I am innocent. If anything I consistently blamed the trash around him and said that any qb would look bad with what he was dealing with.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 23:21
If mod apb is going to attack me, he should at least first be accurate. I was harsh on Lafleur earlier in the year, and I laughed at GPG when he suggested the team could win 10 games.

In these areas I am hopefully wrong about the win total, and I certainly think Lafleur deserves credit for two years in a row righting a storm and getting the team back on track.

But writing off Love, or giving up on him, of this…I am innocent. If anything I consistently blamed the trash around him and said that any qb would look bad with what he was dealing with.
Aside from possibly Royce Newman and Deguara and Nijman, there is no trash on the Packers O. Lacking experience, certainly. Hurt, certainly. But little or no trash. Everyone except Newman will be in the NFL on some team next year

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

awe white, I admit to being slightly, possibly, a smidgen over juiced with Jordan Love, but it surely hasn't been a recent attraction, he was threading the needle from the start of the PS games, making tight window throws, beating double coverage.

just watch some of these videos as I have several times this season, granted PS games lack some of the intensity of in season games, but when Love had the support he flourished just as he has this last month.

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+li ... e&ie=UTF-8

or this one with a healthy Jones and Doubs, Love carves up the Bears in the first real game, Love had a RB and receiver he had chemistry with.
why I should be castigated so severally for my fore thought and vision is unconscionable :rotf: :rotf:

now sit down with some Jo and watch a master QB do his work :)

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

With the development of Love from where we've seen him (low) to where we've seen him (high), it cannot be argued any longer that MLF is a true-blooded QB whisperer--a revered asset in the NFL for generations. And I'm happy to have him.
Excuse me ................ then if MLF is/was so great why did it take LaCoach 3 years and 7 2023 games to coach Jordan Love up? That seems more like dereliction of duty more than anything.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
08 Dec 2023 19:15
salmar80 wrote:
08 Dec 2023 14:24
Pckfn23 wrote:

You know those 80s and 90s movies where the ugly, irgnored, and bullied nerdy girl gets befriended by the popular girl who convinces her to take off her glasses, put on a skirt instead of ugly pants and suddenly she is a hottie who catches the attention of the boys?

That's a picture of how yoop looks at the backup high draft pick QB while they are backup until they become the starter. :lol:
Can a graphic be provided to explain this phenomenon? Adrian Balboa maybe?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
09 Dec 2023 07:37
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Excuse me ................ then if MLF is/was so great why did it take LaCoach 3 years and 7 2023 games to coach Jordan Love up? That seems more like dereliction of duty more than anything.
Did MLF like steal your car or rat you out on something 20+ years ago that we don't know about?

Man. You have got it IN for this guy. Your level of disdain for MLF is absolutely wild.
Yoop wrote: