General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
06 Nov 2020 08:35
go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2020 08:25
I think Aaron Jones should be priority over David Bak.

He is a difference maker. He makes our Oline's holes appear bigger.
tough choices for the FO, I've felt Jones was the top need for a long time though, the offenses takes on a whole new look with him on the field, and this oline has looked pretty good all year except against 5 and 6 man rush groups which they shouldn't be blamed much for.

my second choice was between Bak and King, if King could stay healthy he would get the nod there to I think, course I hate losing any of these 3.
I honestly don't now why anyone would pay Kevin King.

Only 1 out of his 4 years he played without injury. Why would you pay someone a large contract who has no history of being available?

I could see King signing a 1 year deal with us as a "prove it" deal to set him up for 2022. And I think that would be best for both parties.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Another Packer tested positive for COVID. Waiting to hear who.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Guy can't catch a break.

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2020 11:05
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2020 08:25
I think Aaron Jones should be priority over David Bak.

He is a difference maker. He makes our Oline's holes appear bigger.
tough choices for the FO, I've felt Jones was the top need for a long time though, the offenses takes on a whole new look with him on the field, and this oline has looked pretty good all year except against 5 and 6 man rush groups which they shouldn't be blamed much for.

my second choice was between Bak and King, if King could stay healthy he would get the nod there to I think, course I hate losing any of these 3.

Only 1 out of his 4 years he played without injury. Why would you pay someone a large contract who has no history of being available?

I could see King signing a 1 year deal with us as a "prove it" deal to set him up for 2022. And I think that would be best for both parties.
ehhhh, King is to good healthy to not get paid, if you think he'll resign for a 1 year prove it deal with us your kidding yourself, he'll be one of the better CB's to hit FA, you do know there are only a about a doz shutdown corners in this league, right???? not saying King is one of those, but he rarely requires a lot of over the top protection, and he's a solid tackler, Alexander rated #17 last year by PFF.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-t ... nfl-season

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Yoop wrote:
06 Nov 2020 12:10
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

ehhhh, King is to good healthy to not get paid, if you think he'll resign for a 1 year prove it deal with us your kidding yourself, he'll be one of the better CB's to hit FA, you do know there are only a about a doz shutdown corners in this league, right???? not saying King is one of those, but he rarely requires a lot of over the top protection, and he's a solid tackler, Alexander rated #17 last year by PFF.

Some GM is going to give Kevin King a 4 year 75 million dollar deal, Probably the Eagles.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Christo wrote:
06 Nov 2020 20:00
Yoop wrote:
06 Nov 2020 12:10
go pak go wrote:

Some GM is going to give Kevin King a 4 year 75 million dollar deal, Probably the Eagles.
Yeah I think he gets paid too. Lot will depend on when he comes back tho. If he just misses say a quarter of this season, That’s really not tooo bad. I feel like a lot of corners miss time, and there aren’t too many really good ones. He’s at minimum above average. I could see 3 year 50m too. I’m sure hel get paid.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I admit I’ve been pleasantly surprised how decent the OL has looked without Bak. I’m sure the front office has appreciated getting that look too. Makes me feel better about losing him if we must. I gotta say the way our OLmen come in prepared and Can play almost any position on the line...our OL coach must do a great job.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't think King gets paid. Not like *PAIDt* paid...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
06 Nov 2020 22:18
I agree. I think he signs a mid-level contract somewhere, maybe even with us. His play is decent but not top level. His availability is highly suspect. With cap shortages reportedly on the horizon league wide next year, I think he takes something short-term and modest and looks to cash in once the COVID-19 impact is over.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Didn't see anyone else say it, but Jordan Love was put on the COIVD list too. He's Barnes' roomate. He better not come within a city or 12 of Rodgers. Just in case.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Great, hurts the cap. Not a ton, but we don't have a ton. Well....we have TONyun. :lol:

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
07 Nov 2020 07:29
Great, hurts the cap. Not a ton, but we don't have a ton. Well....we have TONyun. :lol:

I mean that's when you lie to the doctor, "no doc. My knee still hurts real bad!"

:lol: Gets paid 4 times the amount of money to not work and practice vs working and practicing.

Now THAT'S welfare. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
07 Nov 2020 07:27
Didn't see anyone else say it, but Jordan Love was put on the COIVD list too. He's Barnes' roomate. He better not come within a city or 12 of Rodgers. Just in case.
Just the quarterback room in general. It would be interesting to see laser show out there but if the entire room is impacted, then we don't have a chance.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2020 07:47
paco wrote:
Just the quarterback room in general. It would be interesting to see laser show out there but if the entire room is impacted, then we don't have a chance.
what????? anyone quarenteened for covid shouldn't be allowed contact with the team at all.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2020 08:09
go pak go wrote:
paco wrote:
what????? anyone quarenteened for covid shouldn't be allowed contact with the team at all.
I know. That's why I'm worried about our quarterback room.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2020 08:16
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

we need a covid room, maybe they can use Favres old press room/ locker room :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
07 Nov 2020 08:39
go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2020 08:16
Yoop wrote:

we need a covid room, maybe they can use Favres old press room/ locker room :lol:
I mean I think it's just their "room". ;) They go home.

And it sounds like Jordan Love and Krys Barnes live in the same apartment. I really don't think there is much more any of these people can do.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
07 Nov 2020 06:42
Labrev wrote:
06 Nov 2020 22:18
I agree. I think he signs a mid-level contract somewhere, maybe even with us. His play is decent but not top level. His availability is highly suspect. With cap shortages reportedly on the horizon league wide next year, I think he takes something short-term and modest and looks to cash in once the COVID-19 impact is over.
He's not a bad player but what good is he if he can't stay on the field?

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

News trickled out this weekend that GB was involved in trade talks for Will Fuller AND for DT/NT Dalvin Tomlinson of the NYGs
I think that's illuminating on several levels. Glad they tried to upgrade at WR and on DL- and was interesting to note that both players are young and approaching FA in 2021. It tells us either GB was OK with lower cost rentals OR that they wanted/needed the ability to structure the 2021 contacts $$ to make it all work. So far as we know, the Packers did not go after any players with set cap numbers for 2021

Its also interesting to note that they went for an NT/DT type over a 3-tech type. That suggests they aren't comfy subbing Lancaster for Clark...and Clark is still counted on for too many snaps. Pettine wants to rotate him more, but the dropoff to Lancaster is pretty steep.
IT. IS. TIME