Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Even if a knock on him is maybe he isn't aggressive enough.

But when you are throwing up 40 TD's on the norm and winning MVP's.

This is just silly.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wow the jets are super when it comes to special teams coverage and returns, they led the league in both category's, only giving up 392 yrds a kick off and returning kicks for 1,371

while we give up 1,283 per kick and return em for 531, almost the opposite of the Jets.

I still don't think Mason is the biggest problem.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-k ... -team-2021

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2022 11:42
Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 11:24
BSA wrote:
14 Jun 2022 11:19

Incorrect.
Crosby can hit from 50 and was 3 out of 4 from that distance in 2021. He also has more than enough length to kick touchbacks if that's what's needed. If he couldn't - he'd be gone. But his coach asked him to drop the ball short of the EZ so the coverage team could try and pin them deeper than the 25. We'll see how Bisaccia approaches it - but kicks landing in the field of play are by design, not from a lack of power.

So yer 0-2 on your erroneous comments about Mason Crosby.
did the last awful STs coach say that he was telling Mason not to kick it in the end zone? Because it sure looked like Mason was trying to kick it as hard as he could.
I told you and others this same thing two years ago, now BSA is saying the same thing, and if you'd actually email a coach or even Mason himself they'd confirm it.

there is no advantage other then the simple security that the return wont get passed the 25 to kick it into the end zone, zippo, the advantages of pinning a offense at the 15 far out weighs that security, why this common knowledge stuff baffles you makes no sense, Mason attempts to kick high giving coverage time to get a stop prior to the 25, blame the poor coverage, not the kicker.
I just emailed them and they disputed your notion.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2022 15:18
wow the jets are super when it comes to special teams coverage and returns, they led the league in both category's, only giving up 392 yrds a kick off and returning kicks for 1,371

while we give up 1,283 per kick and return em for 531, almost the opposite of the Jets.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-k ... -team-2021
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2022 15:18
Given we kept Mason at a quite high salary, replaced our holder and special teams coach, at also a very expensive contract, added a second LS to the roster, I would say the FO agrees.

And I'm sure they watched every snap, every hold, every block several times over with a fine tooth comb.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jun 2022 13:40
Opponent kickers knocked it into the EZ easily against us.
Nope
The Packers were ranked # 5 in the league for fewest opponent touchbacks. Which makes sense if you're kicking vs the worst ST's in the league.
Why would an opponent give AR the ball at the 25 if they can pin him deeper ?
On a % of opponent touchbacks basis, the Packers were 12th in the league, tied with the SB Champion Rams.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/o ... s-per-game

One click is all it takes people.
IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 15:05

This is just silly.

What's becoming an increasingly incredible observation is, without Baby Blue there have been no resulting championships due to these feats. None! NaDa! Nothing! Nichts! Kein! :thwap: Favre, Starr, Dickey, Zeke and Majik jerseys rule! :swear:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 14 Jun 2022 17:56, edited 3 times in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BSA wrote:
14 Jun 2022 17:23
go pak go wrote:
Nope
The Packers were ranked # 5 in the league for fewest opponent touchbacks. Which makes sense if you're kicking vs the worst ST's in the league.
On a % of opponent touchbacks basis, the Packers were 12th in the league, tied with the SB Champion Rams.

Our guys were just so poorly coached they would run it out of the end zone no matter where they caught the ball. Remember the play that cost Kylin Hill his season?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Jun 2022 17:44
BF004 wrote:

This is just silly.

What's becoming increasingly incredible is, without Baby Blue there have been no championships that resulted from these feats. None! NaNa! Nothing! Nichts! Kein! :thwap: Was ist los? :swear:
how many do you think Love would have produced? :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2022 17:56
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Jun 2022 17:44
BF004 wrote:

This is just silly.

What's becoming increasingly incredible is, without Baby Blue there have been no championships that resulted from these feats. None! NaNa! Nothing! Nichts! Kein! :thwap: Was ist los? :swear:
how many do you think Love would have produced? :rotf:
None! NaDa! Nothing! Nichts! Kein! :beer:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Nope

Or because our defense ranked tops in the league at home and therefore the opposing kicker hardly kicked it at Lambeau. Or because every ST's coach in the world knew it was the smartest decision in the world to not put it in a touchback against our crappy ST's.

When they wanted to, we saw opposing kickers boot it in our EZ.

Data isn't going to help here because our STs was just such an anomaly.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 17:54
BSA wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Nope

Our guys were just so poorly coached they would run it out of the end zone no matter where they caught the ball. Remember the play that cost Kylin Hill his season?
Have any other examples?

Again. Data isn't going to help here. The Kylin Hill thing is an outlier. Let's treat it as such.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jun 2022 18:17
Drj820 wrote:
BSA wrote:

Nope

Have any other examples?

Again. Data isn't going to help here. The Kylin Hill thing is an outlier. Let's treat it as such.
I watched them return balls that were a few yards in the end zone all season haha.

Balls that could be returned by good return units, or should have been let go by poor units. I remember it well.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 18:20
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Have any other examples?

I watched them return balls that were a few yards in the end zone all season haha.

Balls that could be returned by good return units, or should have been let go by poor units. I remember it well.
A few yards is one thing. The Kylin Hill was like REALLY deep.

I can't even remember. Who returned kicks after Hill went down? Was it Taylor?
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

There were only 6 instances in 2021 where the ball was kicked into the end zone and the Packers did not down it for a touchback...

https://stathead.com/tiny/VY4cW
:idn: :thwap:

Kylin Hill was 4 yards deep, BTW.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 14 Jun 2022 18:34, edited 5 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jun 2022 18:23
Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 18:20
go pak go wrote:

Have any other examples?

A few yards is one thing. The Kylin Hill was like REALLY deep.

I can't even remember. Who returned kicks after Hill went down? Was it Taylor?
Oh ya the kylin Hill thing was just a tragedy because he so clearly shouldn’t have put himself at risk like that.

But I was just saying all year it seemed they were returning 50/50 balls and not getting it to the 25.

I think amari did his best to handle it after that

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
16 Jun 2022 20:21
Micah Hyde :argue:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Jun 2022 21:32
Micah Hyde
I always wonder how many people actually cared that our nickel back left in free agency at the time versus how many got mad in hindsight after his big 6 INT year at safety.

Like, don't get me wrong, obviously the coaches who put Randall and Hyde at CB instead of safety botched this whole deal. And Hayward's injuries, if we want to expand the discussion into that guy, masked some things. But I always felt like keeping Hayward made sense and letting Hyde made sense. Because Hyde was a pretty mediocre CB for us and was redundant if we kept Hayward in the slot where he seemed to excel for us.

But the obsession of letting Hyde walk, especially, always felt like revisionist history to me. Very few people seemed to care. He was like a middle class man's Jarrett Bush when he was here, not some budding All-Pro.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The decision to take Randall and Rollins and move on from Hayward and Hyde set this defense back at least half a decade. It’s just now starting to recover.
Cancelled by the forum elites.