Legal Tampering Period and Early FA Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 11:40
you focus on a game here or there when Scantling is matched up against a DB that can't deal with his speed or a defense that is out maned by KC's receiver group
Damn right. As it should be. Playing mismatches is the name of the game, and what the good coaches and teams focus on, whereas bad coaches and teams just blindly follow scheme and lose sight of what works.

That's the beauty of the KC offense. On a given week, one player will be productive, because the game plan against that opponent calls for it. Another week, they lean on a different player. They do what works and will win them games, not what's sexy or what's scheme-prescribed. I dig that, it's elegant simplicity.

Contrast to Rodgers who got angry after a Bills game WE WON and was never close (more angry than after playoff losses we should have won) just because he thought Adams did not get the ball enough and bitched about it in his post-game presser. Rodgers would rather lose playing the way he wants (i.e. living and dying by his go-to-guy) than win doing what works.

**edit** ... lol I just realized this is the FA thread and this whole convo is totally off-topic. Sorry everyone, I am done with this conversation.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
16 Mar 2023 11:28
Lazard was paid to be WR3 at best in NY. Some teams just want at least 3 adequate players at WR. Unlike the Packers who want one at best.
If Lazard is going to be an adequate player for the Jets and MVS was an adequate player for the Chiefs then Adams, Lazard, and MVS were adequate players for the 2021 Packers.
MVS and Lazard are both adequate WR3s. In fact, if those two are your three…you are doing pretty well!

Problem is Packers wanted them to be WR2s in 2021 and even Lazard to be WR1 in 2022. They ain’t adequate at that. Packers asked two WR3s to take turn being the WR2 and that wasn’t them.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
16 Mar 2023 12:05
Yoop wrote:
you focus on a game here or there when Scantling is matched up against a DB that can't deal with his speed or a defense that is out maned by KC's receiver group
Damn right. As it should be. Playing mismatches is the name of the game, and what the good coaches and teams focus on, whereas bad coaches and teams just blindly follow scheme and lose sight of what works.

That's the beauty of the KC offense. On a given week, one player will be productive, because the game plan against that opponent calls for it. Another week, they lean on a different player. They do what works and will win them games, not what's sexy or what's scheme-prescribed. I dig that, it's elegant simplicity.

Contrast to Rodgers who got angry after a Bills game WE WON and was never close (more angry than after playoff losses we should have won) just because he thought Adams did not get the ball enough and bitched about it in his post-game presser. Rodgers would rather lose playing the way he wants (i.e. living and dying by his go-to-guy) than win doing what works.
just make up any ol BS as you go along Labrev, it magnify's how you only care about your foolish agenda, which is to blame Rodgers, or Lafleur and scape goat average receiver talent thats been a staple in our offense for years.

MVS had a 100 yrd game in one of our PO games to, but he tends to run routes wrong or is easily covered by a fast safety, thats the real reason he didn't do better with us, same with Tonyan, one very good season, and thats been it.it is a game of Matchups, and once you get passed Adams all the rest struggle to win theres

Rodgers may be the best QB you ever see play in GB, but you can't recognize that, the MVS's and Lazards, Allisons and all the rest held him back, you can't see that either :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Bares signed QB PJ Walker.
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I was a pretty big fan of Moore as a draft prospect, really nice measurables.

If I remember right, I made a "re-draft" thread right after that year's draft ended and my Round 3 pick over Burks would have been Moore (and no trade-up), but that thread would be on the old forum if the site hasn't been nuked yet.

PFF grade 69.9 (nice). If he only maintains that level of play as a starting S, it would probably be an upgrade over what Amos and Savage were for most of the year (though Rudy Ford had a slighter better grade at 74.6).
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2023 08:32
He's quite the athlete - except on the bench press

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/tarvarius-moore
IT. IS. TIME

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Mariota signs with the Eagles.
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Bares sign RB Dont'a Foreman
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Why

always

In

The

Division

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Interesting....

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2023 16:16
Why

always

In

The

Division

This is good. Run right at him.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Mar 2023 16:56
BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2023 16:16
Why

always

In

The

Division

This is good. Run right at him.
Best news all day

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

I probably watched every one of them, but the fact Dean Lowry started 80 games for the Packers still shocks me.

And not in a good way.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man is Tomlinson -> Big Dean and Zadarius -> Davenport some huge downgrades.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Who amongst us is mad at Gute for not keeping these dopes? Lol

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Mar 2023 17:21

Who amongst us is mad at Gute for not keeping these dopes? Lol
No one.

Andy Herman is an idiot.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Must have been real low, only got 4m per from the Saints.

Baller had 1,000 yards and 17 TD’s and is an amazing culture, locker room guy.

Lions def should have brought him back at that price.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
17 Mar 2023 17:56
Must have been real low, only got 4m per from the Saints.
Baller had 1,000 yards and 17 TD’s and is an amazing culture, locker room guy.

Lions def should have brought him back at that price.
That's just a weird scenario, seems like a slam dunk for the Lions to keep him.
He's fantastic except one thing - he's not a superb pass-catching RB. Lions only targeted Williams 1 toss per game.
Both Swift and guy they brought in, Monty, offer more in their high- powered passing game
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Tonyan signed for one year 2.65m and only 1.25m guaranteed. I’m a little surprised we didn’t bring him back at that price just due to our desperation at the position. Man he had no market!