Packers Patriots GDT - 8/19/23 PS Week 2

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man Luke Musgrave is going to be such a weapon. I thought he was grossly underrated in our Rank the Roster and I am hopeful I am going to be right.

Tucker Kraft on the other hand does seem to be coming along slower.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
20 Aug 2023 08:14
TheSkeptic wrote:
20 Aug 2023 04:27
bud fox wrote:
20 Aug 2023 03:37

That's a lie.
Do you have coach's film? I can't tell from the game video. Or were you at the game?
budfox as usual doesn't have the best response with a triggering 2 words or less post. There is no way of knowing if it's a lie or not.

But there was absolutely zero threat of a Patriot jumping that snap. Myers was seeing ghosts.
Myers is peaaaaaaacing Packers fans off. An no, that is not a lie. :rotf:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 20 Aug 2023 08:47, edited 1 time in total.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
bud fox wrote:

That's a lie.
Do you have coach's film? I can't tell from the game video. Or were you at the game?
budfox as usual doesn't have the best response with a triggering 2 words or less post. There is no way of knowing if it's a lie or not.

But there was absolutely zero threat of a Patriot jumping that snap. Myers was seeing ghosts.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
20 Aug 2023 08:47
go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Yeah ..... he did not cross into the neutral zone. So no, that is not a lie either.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
bud fox wrote:

That's a lie.

Myers saw the DL flinch, and did as he's been taught, maybe a tad quick, everyone is so quick to jump on Myers.

competition can have a two fold affect, 1. it tells a player he has to be his best to win a spot, 2. it makes him nervous and he thinks to much which causes impulsive behavior such as reacting to quickly as seems to be the case here.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
20 Aug 2023 08:17
Man Luke Musgrave is going to be such a weapon. I thought he was grossly underrated in our Rank the Roster and I am hopeful I am going to be right.

Yeah, I even liked Musgrave a lot in the pre-draft process but thought he would need a bit more time to get into a lot of TE roles (thought he could be a Lazard-ish big slot right away, but would take more time before being moved around, blocking in-line, and being the real #1 TE). He's killing it.

Kraft looks like a regular rookie TE--and/or a regular small schooler making the NFL jump. Did have a great block on the move on a Wilson run last night, but the tool kit is going to take a while before it builds much.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
20 Aug 2023 09:13
competition can have a two fold affect, 1. it tells a player he has to be his best to win a spot, 2. it makes him nervous and he thinks to much which causes impulsive behavior such as reacting to quickly as seems to be the case here.
I agree with you in life--that we should sometimes de-emphasize competition to get someone who isn't motivated by competition to perform their best by being supported.

But the NFL is just not the profession for people who get nervous and falter when facing competition. Your defense of Myers is an indictment in the eyes of most of us. An OL who doesn't have the mentality to thrive when challenged is going to fail in the league. If that's an issue for him, he needs to see a sports psychologist and change his mindset. The Packers don't need to give him less competition.

weird possible exception, apparently: kickers? But that's another thread

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Aug 2023 09:24
Yoop wrote:
I agree with you in life--that we should sometimes de-emphasize competition to get someone who isn't motivated by competition to perform their best by being supported.

But the NFL is just not the profession for people who get nervous and falter when facing competition. Your defense of Myers is an indictment in the eyes of most of us. An OL who doesn't have the mentality to thrive when challenged is going to fail in the league. If that's an issue for him, he needs to see a sports psychologist and change his mindset. The Packers don't need to give him less competition.

VINCE LOMBARDI SPOKEN TO JERRY KRAMER
“Mr., the concentration period of a college student is 5 minutes, high school is 3 minutes and kindergarten is 30 seconds, you don’t even have that, so where does that put you?”
:shock:

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

After the late hit on the slide, I think we got to see the real Jordan Love. It looked like he was pissed or driven. Like he had an attitude.

He seemed to forget the pressure of having to make the right read and perfect throw. He just played football. The throw to Reed was dynamite.

I’m really looking to Love playing an entire game. Where he can get to the point where he is totally immersed in the game.

I saw something in Love after that hit. Like he had something to prove….NOT to the Packer fans or coaches, but to the other team…the Patriots. Like, I’m going to ram this football down your throats and score a touchdown!

And he did!
Love is the answer…

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Myers saw the DL flinch, and did as he's been taught, maybe a tad quick, everyone is so quick to jump on Myers.

Well there are two people responsbile for that play.

Myers and Love. But primarily Myers. Myers shouldn't have snapped the ball. The flinch was minor and Myer's decision cost GB a reasonable 3rd down conversion and put the ball in Patriots scoring position.

Love also needs to be more aware and back his team up when a mistake is made. At max he needs to catch that snap. At worst he needs to jump on the damn ball.
Last edited by go pak go on 20 Aug 2023 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Aug 2023 09:21
go pak go wrote:
20 Aug 2023 08:17

Yeah, I even liked Musgrave a lot in the pre-draft process but thought he would need a bit more time to get into a lot of TE roles (thought he could be a Lazard-ish big slot right away, but would take more time before being moved around, blocking in-line, and being the real #1 TE). He's killing it.

Kraft looks like a regular rookie TE--and/or a regular small schooler making the NFL jump. Did have a great block on the move on a Wilson run last night, but the tool kit is going to take a while before it builds much.
Musgrave was the TE I wanted to draft the most but didn't think he would last to our pick. I was super jazzed when we got him. He would have been ranked the #1 TE going into the draft last year if he didn't miss the entire season to injury.
Yoop wrote:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
20 Aug 2023 10:01
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Well there are two people responsbile for that play.

Myers and Love. But primarily Myers. Myers shouldn't have snapped the ball. The flinch was minor and Myer's decision cost GB a reasonable 3rd down conversion and put the ball in Patriots scoring position.

Love also needs to be more aware and back his team up when a mistake is made. At max he needs to catch that snap. At worst he needs to jump on the damn ball.
Myers is 100% responsible for that play. I don't see anybody flinching. Love's awareness is split between where his own guys are lined up and what the D is doing. A quick snap will happen to every QB at some time. Occasionally they can grab it and on even rarer occasions they can make a gain. Love had to turn and run while the edge has a straight shot for the ball. It was less than 50/50 Love could get it.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Foosball wrote:
20 Aug 2023 09:54
After the late hit on the slide, I think we got to see the real Jordan Love. It looked like he was pissed or driven. Like he had an attitude.

He seemed to forget the pressure of having to make the right read and perfect throw. He just played football. The throw to Reed was dynamite.

I’m really looking to Love playing an entire game. Where he can get to the point where he is totally immersed in the game.

I saw something in Love after that hit. Like he had something to prove….NOT to the Packer fans or coaches, but to the other team…the Patriots. Like, I’m going to ram this football down your throats and score a touchdown!

And he did!
Would have loved to see him keep cooking. He did fully immersed by that point, something we’ve really have gotten to see yet. Shame it was only 2 plays after that hit. Run to Dillon and his TD pass and his day was done.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Aug 2023 09:24
Yoop wrote:

so obvious to me that Myers has confidence issues, and also obvious is that players often relax and play much better when there not looking over there shoulder at someone about to take there spot.

I'am not as much defending Myers as I'am pointing out some simple truths, some players thrive on competition, and some don't. just maybe Myers is in that later group.

also this could be a coaching issue, what about this over all OL play last year and so far this year points to Butkus being a good OL coach, why is it Myers seemed better as a rookie under Stenavich then he has ever since we promoted Adam and then promoted his assistant as though it's a natural transition, sorta the route we took promoting ST's cords over the last decade.

my point is people are quick to go after Myers and never question the OL coach.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »