Packers @ Cowboys Wild Card GDT: Sunday, January 14th, 3:30 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Scott4Pack wrote:
12 Jan 2024 16:58
My two thoughts going into this game:
1) Da Boys will want to HIT Love as often as possible. Has this kid really ever been beaten up in a game? I think the Boys will want to find out. They can't just let an ascending QB with weapons work at his own pace.
2) If our offense still is developing, I think it'll be able to keep up. The OLine has turned into a reliable unit. The WRs are diverse and fast. The TEs can't be covered by anyone but themselves. Aaron Jones... And the overall speed of this unit is excellent. That field was made for speed.

I do think about which of our defenses will show up too. I think it'll have good moments. But I just can't go with a prediction of a playoff worthy performance by this unit. I would love them to prove me wrong.

In the end, does the team with the ball last try a walkoff figgy?
I've been trying to find any weaknesses in the Cowboys' game. Statistically, their passing defense is strong. However, they are more middle-of-the-pack against the run. On the offensive side, their rushing offense is in the top half of the league. Beyond Lamb, it doesn't seem like they are very deep at WR. In some ways, I think their team reminds me of the Packers team that lost to SF in the NFCCG a couple of years ago. If our defense can find a way to limit their 1 elite receiver and stop the run, we should be in a good position to win.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

So Watson is dependent on pregame warmups and Jaire is a true 50/50 today.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Jan 2024 08:21
Lots of Jones and our speedy TEs please. Mix in one or two INTs by our DBs. And we stun the world in Dallas.
Yeah, being +2 in the turnover department would go a long way. Separating the QB from the football on a sack works too.

I haven't seen a cowboys game in a long time. It will be interesting to see what MM does

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Papa John wrote:
14 Jan 2024 09:35
Scott4Pack wrote:
12 Jan 2024 16:58
My two thoughts going into this game:
1) Da Boys will want to HIT Love as often as possible. Has this kid really ever been beaten up in a game? I think the Boys will want to find out. They can't just let an ascending QB with weapons work at his own pace.
2) If our offense still is developing, I think it'll be able to keep up. The OLine has turned into a reliable unit. The WRs are diverse and fast. The TEs can't be covered by anyone but themselves. Aaron Jones... And the overall speed of this unit is excellent. That field was made for speed.

I do think about which of our defenses will show up too. I think it'll have good moments. But I just can't go with a prediction of a playoff worthy performance by this unit. I would love them to prove me wrong.

In the end, does the team with the ball last try a walkoff figgy?
I've been trying to find any weaknesses in the Cowboys' game. Statistically, their passing defense is strong. However, they are more middle-of-the-pack against the run. On the offensive side, their rushing offense is in the top half of the league. Beyond Lamb, it doesn't seem like they are very deep at WR. In some ways, I think their team reminds me of the Packers team that lost to SF in the NFCCG a couple of years ago. If our defense can find a way to limit their 1 elite receiver and stop the run, we should be in a good position to win.
Yup. Packers need to do a Belicheck here against the Boys. Determine the one guy that you need to stop and totally sell out to do that. If the rest of the team beats you after that, so be it. That guy is Lamb.

We will be able to run the ball against them. And I'm hopeful we can pass well enough too. We have the speed and weapons for it if Love has time.

Part of me sees this as a possible Rocky Balboa versus Apollo Creed. But is it going to be the first fight or the second?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2024 09:40
If Watson only get 5 snaps, that's gonna be a good thing for him and for the Pack.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Best possible match-up. The Packers have nothing to lose and have a nice momentum. They can play free. And if they lose - though it is Dallas - „our“ MM advances, not the worst thing in the world.

Realistically Dallas will rout us. My guess is something like 42-15. Because our defense will be over their head with Dallas‘ offense and our young offense might learn what it is to play Playoffs against an experienced, well-coached team with SB aspirations.

But there is always this chance. :beer2: If we have a start like back then Seattle had on us in the 2008 divisional round (0-14 after two fumbles of Grant), or any other kind of lucky going, we can play downhill because expectations are as low as ever. I hope MLF as well as Barry play bravely and all guns blazing, not conservative. Let us have an entertaining game.

GO PACK GO !!!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Jan 2024 10:37
lupedafiasco wrote:
If Watson only get 5 snaps, that's gonna be a good thing for him and for the Pack.
I think Watson is at the point where he’s going to start getting passed up by other WRs on this team. Maybe he doesn’t drop below 3 by Wicks is clearly on a path of dominance. Reed is a dog. They’re going to be WRs you can’t take off the field.

With Melton and Doubs in position to earn snaps Watson needs to figure his &%$@ out this off-season. If you aren’t available you aren’t worth incorporating into an offense.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This is the time of year that I appreciate how Pete Carroll has coached. He would tell his teams that you don't simply win in the playoffs. You have to TAKE the win. Find out how you can assert yourself against your opponent. Keep it simple and stick to your strengths. Take the calculated gamble. Risk everything.

Will see how that applies today. I think Detroit's Dan Campbell is a good example of that kind of coaching now.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

if 4 rushers can't disrupt Prescot, then bring 5, if that isn't enough, bring 6, more 34 base front, better against the run and also the pass if ya bring all 5. to me pass rush is key to help the secondary.

On offense, establish the run, and pass lanes will open up, I actually think if we accomplish some success with this we could easily win this, 2 scores even, where hot, young, and have nothing to lose, Dallas has been luke warm, there older, and havn't won &%$@ in 20 years, all the pressure is on Dallas, I hope we !@#$ pound them into straight jackets, no mercy what so ever. :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO, take no prisoners :aok:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2024 10:46
Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Jan 2024 10:37
lupedafiasco wrote:
I think Watson is at the point where he’s going to start getting passed up by other WRs on this team. Maybe he doesn’t drop below 3 by Wicks is clearly on a path of dominance. Reed is a dog. They’re going to be WRs you can’t take off the field.

With Melton and Doubs in position to earn snaps Watson needs to figure his &%$@ out this off-season. If you aren’t available you aren’t worth incorporating into an offense.
But, but, but, but he is WR1! :roll:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jan 2024 11:04
if 4 rushers can't disrupt Prescot, then bring 5, if that isn't enough, bring 6, more 34 base front, better against the run and also the pass if ya bring all 5. to me pass rush is key to help the secondary.

On offense, establish the run, and pass lanes will open up, I actually think if we accomplish some success with this we could easily win this, 2 scores even, where hot, young, and have nothing to lose, Dallas has been luke warm, there older, and havn't won &%$@ in 20 years, all the pressure is on Dallas, I hope we !@#$ pound them into straight jackets, no mercy what so ever. :mrgreen:

We’ve built a team that should be able to get pressure with 4. They should be getting home all on their own.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

German_Panzer wrote:
12 Jan 2024 19:01
Scott4Pack wrote:
12 Jan 2024 17:14
Given the COLD weather forecast, it only seems like the NFL should move this game from temperature-controlled Dallas to the Frozen Tundra! Instead, the Chiefs will be hosting the coldest game. Drat it!
Will it be able to compete with the Ice Bowl?
On the day of the Ice Bowl the temperature ROSE to - 13 degrees. My parents wouldn't let me go. Hubby went with his Dad and damn near froze to death. His feet are still cold. ;)

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I don't know if I said this before or not but ALL of the pressure is on the cowpies. Not many are expecting a Packer win so the guys should play lose, go all out and have fun!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2024 12:21
Yoop wrote:
14 Jan 2024 11:04

We’ve built a team that should be able to get pressure with 4. They should be getting home all on their own.
True but they have not done that consistently enough though, we can't support average pass rush :idn:
Last edited by Yoop on 14 Jan 2024 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

The cowboys have plenty of weaknesses

RT Steele is bad bad. He has given up the most pressures of any RT. Gary and everyone else needs to expose this guy all damn day. Their C is just ok. Kenny Wyatt and Brooks need to push up the middle. Force a TO.

You can run on this d and pass over the middle. The bills ran all day on them. Get physical against these guys. Bully them. Set a tone.

Let's go

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Cowboys are definitely due to beating us in the playoffs and at home...but I don't know.

I just really think we are going to win this game. We just have nothing to lose.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Come on Joe Barry and dial up a winning D. Get at least one interception, fumble, or turnover on downs. Heck, get three of any combination.

Come on Love and young guns. Play with speed and make the big plays. Jones, Reed, both TEs, Wicks, etc. We have SPEED.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »