Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
08 Feb 2024 12:28
BF004 wrote:
08 Feb 2024 11:54
Is it possible he’s really this good?

Lot of flashy stats, but just wanna see the actually yards and touchdowns next year.
Get the feeling or vibe of Davante Adams in 2016 before he broke out. Always open just didn't get the ball to him.

Very bullish on Wicks and is still a big reason why I think Doubs will continue to fall down the depth chart.
I'm amazed about your thoughts on Doubs. He might be the one WR we have that receives the least respect. But in many ways, he's almost a spitting image of Jennings.

Watson gets open by speed.
Wicks has a knack for finding the openings between zones.
Reed is quickness.
Doubs just does all of that a little less than those guys but the sum of the parts is really good.

I hope that Wicks and Reed and Doubs stick with us a long time. And if Watson stays healthy, the same. But sometime this group will get split up. Probably in 2-3 years, due to their rookie contracts expiring. But they are our core for now. And it's a really good core.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Feb 2024 16:29
go pak go wrote:
08 Feb 2024 12:28
BF004 wrote:
08 Feb 2024 11:54
Is it possible he’s really this good?

Lot of flashy stats, but just wanna see the actually yards and touchdowns next year.
Get the feeling or vibe of Davante Adams in 2016 before he broke out. Always open just didn't get the ball to him.

Very bullish on Wicks and is still a big reason why I think Doubs will continue to fall down the depth chart.
I'm amazed about your thoughts on Doubs. He might be the one WR we have that receives the least respect. But in many ways, he's almost a spitting image of Jennings.

Watson gets open by speed.
Wicks has a knack for finding the openings between zones.
Reed is quickness.
Doubs just does all of that a little less than those guys but the sum of the parts is really good.

I hope that Wicks and Reed and Doubs stick with us a long time. And if Watson stays healthy, the same. But sometime this group will get split up. Probably in 2-3 years, due to their rookie contracts expiring. But they are our core for now. And it's a really good core.
I'm not saying Doubs isn't good. But I am saying he went from our #2 in 2022 and most trusted/solid WR going into 2023 to being our #4 WR in 2024.

Not a bash on Doubs. More of a compliment to the rest of our crew. But I don't see much Jennings in Doubs. I see more Jennings in Reed than I do Doubs.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I wouldn't agree that Doubs is WR4. Maybe he is. But I doubt it. He came through a lot in critical junctures, even in big games. That has a lot of value.

Ya know, if he is WR4, maybe he ends up being traded before his contract expires. To have Watson, Wicks, and Reed with our TE group, that's very good. That'd have to occur within two years. I have a feeling that maybe one of those WRs gets sorted out before then. But I hope not.

Let's revisit this after Guty drafts another WR on day 2 this year.
:-)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Feb 2024 14:32
Yoop wrote:
08 Feb 2024 13:44

Wicks shows pedigree every time he steps on the field, same with Reed and Doubs, they run solid routes, are quick in and out of breaks, I get wood over the group of receivers we now have, just wish all where added 5 years ago, water over the bridge, I get that.

Can't wait till there all healthy and burning DB's this coming season
So you wanted them on the Packers when they were in high school? :lol:

image.png
Would have been better than Lazard and MVS, hur hur hur

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I think the Packers have 3 receivers with exceptionally high potential all of whom have proved themselves. Watson, Reed and Musgrave. All 3 are unstoppable when healthy.

There is a second group just below them, Doubs, Wicks, Kraft and Melton. All would be starting in most other teams. What is great about this group is that they have different strengths and those strengths can be used to exploit weaknesses in other teams. I don't think grading them in relationship to each other is relevant. The Packers will start Doubs against team A and Wicks against team B and Melton against team C according to the strengths and weaknesses of those 3 teams and all 3 can be effective.

Don't discount Melton, he is Watson's backup because both have exceptional speed and that makes a D do things in coverage that they don't want to have to do.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
10 Feb 2024 08:28
Oh gosh. That's a great vid. I actually saw this after I started that "Aaron friggin Jones" thread. If the mods want to delete that, I"m okay. But I thought maybe we could stir up more convo about ShowTime33 anyhow.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
10 Feb 2024 13:13
BF004 wrote:
10 Feb 2024 08:28
Oh gosh. That's a great vid. I actually saw this after I started that "Aaron friggin Jones" thread. If the mods want to delete that, I"m okay. But I thought maybe we could stir up more convo about ShowTime33 anyhow.
thought I saw it twice :aok: natural instincts = great vision, and learning pass rusher tendencies, Jones been in the saddle now a long time, I think he's a stronger runner now, looks more bulked up, to bad the injury bug got him last year, hope he has a healthy 24 season.

One of my fav players ever, McCarthy had a gem and didn't know it, I was so glad when we resigned him, Grateful he's still got it now, but it came at the expense of production for Jones imo, so it's a lose/win thing.
now I'am spoiled though, I don't want to go without that juice again, our play action is great when a defense has to worry about Jones.

I havn't went deeper then draft teck checking out RB's just yet, about all I remember about Corum is that he's 5'8" weighs about 213 lbs or so, agile, fast, shifty, strong, bounces of tacklers, that can work in college for a shorter guy, does it transfer? Barry Sanders guys are far and few in between, again I have to watch some vids and get a few opinions, watch the combine, it's still early, and I'am so late :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
Wicks shows pedigree every time he steps on the field, same with Reed and Doubs, they run solid routes, are quick in and out of breaks, I get wood over the group of receivers we now have, just wish all where added 5 years ago, water over the bridge, I get that.
Isn't it water under the bridge?

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Theres people that say funny things and there’s people that say things funny. Yoop is unintentionally hilarious.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
12 Feb 2024 07:52
Yoop wrote:
No, the bridge collapsed :mrgreen:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
12 Feb 2024 07:52
Yoop wrote:
when your young it's water under the bridge, it's been OVER the bridge for me now for a few years :lol:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
Aren't you like 70+? Good for you.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
12 Feb 2024 11:47
Yoop wrote:
Aren't you like 70+? Good for you.
haha, it was a figure of speech, I'll leave it at that :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
13 Feb 2024 07:20
Would love to compare/contrast that with Mike and Aaron/Matt and Jordan.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

key feature of scripted plays imo is exposing what will work against a certain defense, and what probably wont, coaching is teaching, Holmgren was a master teacher, always thought most coaches including McCarthy and Lafleur script the first few offensive series, or dozen plays :idn:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This is an interesting tweet.

For those who don’t know, this guy is Christian Watson’s dad. It doesn’t sound like Christian was an injury prone player…until he got to Green Bay. So what’s changed in his regimen? How can it be fixed?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
13 Feb 2024 09:43
This is an interesting tweet.

For those who don’t know, this guy is Christian Watson’s dad. It doesn’t sound like Christian was an injury prone player…until he got to Green Bay. So what’s changed in his regimen? How can it be fixed?
The fix might have already happened.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1597

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I think more injuries are to be expected when you go from NDSU to the NFL, especially as a lanky athlete like Watson.

That said, Watson was plagued by issues plaguing many other players, too, so clearly there was something endemic to these injuries.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto