What Are You Watching?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Aug 2020 00:48
Drj820 wrote:
23 Aug 2020 23:54
I’m on a weeklong amazon prime trial and I just binged season one of “the boys” over the last few days. Show is nuts, in a good way. Very Mature Audience. Gore, some sex, and bad words. So I wouldn’t watch it with the kiddos. But it was a great show. I thought all the actors did great in their roles, and the story was deep and had so many plot twists and surprises. Season 2 drops sept 4. I recommend “The Boys”. :aok:
Great show. I hate super hero stuff anymore with how it’s all played out by now but this was a different spin and it was refreshing.
Same here man I really can’t stand supporting most of the super hero spin offs bc they all seem the same and seem to be made just bc they know they will be cash cows...no matter there quality...almost like madden on PlayStation.

But there are some i like...the Batman movies, and Spider-Man into the spider verse being my favorites.

But this was a whole new take on the theme. Really featuring the underbelly of that world. I know the show was based on a comic book (not sure how closely), but some of those plot twists were some amazing writing.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
24 Aug 2020 07:28
Season 5 of Lucifer just came out.

One of the last shows I’ve watched, I’ll have to get back into that at some point.
I’ve never seen that myself. Heard good things.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The wife and I need a new series to binge. Any suggestions? We watch stuff all over the map, minus horror and anime. Any other genre we'll try. My goal was to get her to finally watch Game of Thrones, but she won't until she reads the books and she won't start them. Doesn't have to be a current series.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
08 Oct 2020 15:47
The wife and I need a new series to binge. Any suggestions? We watch stuff all over the map, minus horror and anime. Any other genre we'll try. My goal was to get her to finally watch Game of Thrones, but she won't until she reads the books and she won't start them. Doesn't have to be a current series.
Ever watch The 100? Its a CW show that just finished up, so the last season should be added to Netflix any time, now. Fun watch.

Read More. Post Less.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

paco wrote:
That’s a pretty broad question, since you’re saying ANY series. Maybe name a few series you both like and someone could suggest something similar.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Gunzaan wrote:
08 Oct 2020 16:00
paco wrote:
That’s a pretty broad question, since you’re saying ANY series. Maybe name a few series you both like and someone could suggest something similar.
Doctor Who
Futurama
Dead Like Me
Pushing Daisies
Mad Men
The Good Place
Detectorists
Outlander
Fleabag
Frasier
Scrubs
How I Met Your Mother
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
The Mandalorian
Firefly
Letterkenny

Stuff I've watched that my wife won't for some reason
Shameless
Sopranos
Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul
OZ
Seinfeld

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head for right now. My wife likes smarter/well written stuff typically. I don't care if its stupid and pointless, but prefer not too sappy or overly British like Downton Abbey.
RIP JustJeff

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Anyone watch Utopia on Prime? Interesting.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
But I dunno if there's anything to prepare your wife for GoT. I'd just bribe her to watch the first episode with some wine and chill, see if she wants to watch the second episode. Then do the same for the second episode. By the third episode, y'all be hooked or not.

A softer but very, very well done fantasy series is His Dark Materials. Great epic story, and main humans in it have magic animal companions tied to them by their very souls. So it's cute, but with potential for the very tragic.

Umbrella Academy is kinda like the soft version of "the Boys" (where superheroes are the baddies), as it deals with the consequences of kid Superheroes growing up without family or structure. These superpowered kids will make mistakes... Serious mistakes. And may correct them. Sometimes.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The very best TV series I've ever seen:

The Wire.

Took some persuading and endurance to get into, but when I did. DAMN!!!

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

paco wrote:
08 Oct 2020 16:18
Gunzaan wrote:
08 Oct 2020 16:00
paco wrote:
Doctor Who
Futurama
Dead Like Me
Pushing Daisies
Mad Men
The Good Place
Detectorists
Outlander
Fleabag
Frasier
Scrubs
How I Met Your Mother
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
The Mandalorian
Firefly
Letterkenny

Stuff I've watched that my wife won't for some reason
Shameless
Sopranos
Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul
OZ
Seinfeld

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head for right now. My wife likes smarter/well written stuff typically. I don't care if its stupid and pointless, but prefer not too sappy or overly British like Downton Abbey.
I like your taste in shows better, haha 😆 Maybe try Ozark or Hannibal (Hannibal is very sophisticated/dialogue driven).

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

[mention]paco[/mention] you are my age and I think you are pretty into computers... you should check out Halt and Catch Fire. One of my favorite shows ever.

Read More. Post Less.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Hell on Wheels. Quite good.

Also, all 416 seasons of NCIS are on Netflix

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Thanks for the suggestions. A couple have been on my list for a while. Ozark is great. Sucks we have to wait for another year for the final season.

I'm actually binging Halt and Catch Fire right now. On season 3 now. Its good.

I got burned out on NCIS and those type of shows. Too many shows and episodes. You think they would have stopped after the Law and Order: Paco's Backyard and NCIS: Ghost's Bathroom crossover episode. Thats when they really jumped the shark.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
08 Oct 2020 16:26
The very best TV series I've ever seen:

The Wire.

Took some persuading and endurance to get into, but when I did. DAMN!!!
One of the top 5 best shows IMO.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If anyone ever watched Haunting of Hill House on Netflix the follow up season just started. It’s an anthology horror series this one is Haunting of Bly Manor. So far it’s just as good.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I am watching the internet tell me why the virus has spiked so much in Wisconsin. :swear:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
08 Oct 2020 17:05
@paco you are my age and I think you are pretty into computers... you should check out Halt and Catch Fire. One of my favorite shows ever.
Finished up Halt and Catch Fire. That was great until the end. No idea why I stopped watching it years ago.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

I’m late to the party but I’m 4 episodes in The Boys and enjoying it so far. I got burnt out on super hero stuff years ago so this is refreshing.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wife and I finished watching the series Hannibal. We are big fans of Brian Fuller. Wish to hell he'd get to finish a series before it is cancelled.

I also made my wife watch The Queen's Gambit. I loved it. But I'm also kinda nerdy and really like chess movies. She liked it, especially liked the set design and costuming (she's geeky that way). But she doesn't know chess and not knowing it bugged her.

Downloading His Dark Materials, so will maybe give that a try next.

Also started watching the new Animaniacs. Nice to see hey brought it back and didn't completely mess it up like every other reboot from my childhood. Though only 1 episode in so far.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
24 Nov 2020 16:13
Also started watching the new Animaniacs. Nice to see hey brought it back and didn't completely mess it up like every other reboot from my childhood. Though only 1 episode in so far.
Just watched the first one, myself, this morning. I liked it, especially the Jurassic Park intro.

Read More. Post Less.