Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2020 18:52
MM"s offense in Dallas:

Passing - 1st in Yards
Rushing - 10th in yards
Total Offense - 1st

Total Points Offense - 3rd.

I mean I think MM's offense is doing okay.
Maybe McCarthy could get that offense to hum at kickoff when the score is 0-0 instead of in the 4th quarter down 20+
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Captain_Ben wrote:
06 Oct 2020 14:07
If you're analyzing strictly off of the stat lines, this is true. But when AR is in a funk, he has looked every bit as lost as the most pedestrian QB out there. 2016-2018 provided plenty of examples of passer rating telling a different story than what we saw on the field.

Regardless, I'm glad he's back and kicking ass now. On the stat sheet and on the film....
I mean yes, but also, it's fair to say that "most QBs" never experience a year in which they're the 15th-best QB in the NFL. Many don't even make it as a fulltime starter. So it can be very true that Rodgers' down years had him looking pedestrian, but it's also true that a pedestrian NDL starter season is better than most NFL Quarterbacks ever achieve. So we're all on the same page saying the same things from different angles.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I don’t agree with the 15th best talk. Rodgers affects games and win shares in so many more ways than how he is throwing and completing passes. He played most of 2018 on one leg, and I still don’t think he’s ever been outside of the top ten.

We’ve seen the teams record when he gets hurt. Your number 15 qb in the league would be closer to what that looks like than what we see when he is in there. Even when he is throwing the ball away and not looking his best.

Even last year (people thought Rodgers looked bad most of the year) you take a number 15 qb in the league and the team probably doesn’t win the division.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Oct 2020 19:00
go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2020 18:52
MM"s offense in Dallas:

Passing - 1st in Yards
Rushing - 10th in yards
Total Offense - 1st

Total Points Offense - 3rd.

I mean I think MM's offense is doing okay.
Padded stats are easy when youre always playing from behind.

Theyre 18th in first half points.

When you look at Daks stats he has 370 passing yards in the 1st quarter, 333 in the 2nd quarter, 356 in the 3rd quarter, and a whopping 631 in the 4th quarter because theyre always playing in a game that is essentially already lost unless of course you are the Falcons.
I think MM is foolish to not use that RB he has.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

He's really been enjoying himself this year- and without fans...these guys gotta bring their own juice

IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't understand the hesitancy to call 2018 and 2019 Rodgers is what it is. Rodgers was an average NFL quarterback in 2018. That 18 team also had a lot of the foundational pieces that are on the 2019/2020 team. Yes the defense has changed significantly. But we had a quarterback playing at an average level and we therefore had a below average record at 6-9-1.

Last year Rodgers was a top 6 to 9 QB in the league. I'd probably put him around 7 or 8. Rodgers's numbers and play after October was really not good. He had the Seattle game in the postseason but otherwise the play just wasn't there. It just wasn't.

Now we go 2020. This dude is MVP level right now. No question about it.

Is it not being hurt? Yes (which is why my heart fell when I saw that awkward play Monday). Is it coaching? Yes. Is it scheme? Yes.

Is it also Rodgers? ABSOLUTELY. He bought in. He worked on things over the offseason. He also developed a relationship with MLF. He is being a great leader. He is uplifting his WRs. He is saying the right words in public. He is making the throws. He is making the decisions.

The problem with everyone defending Rodgers lower-level play the last few years and attributing them to other variables is we are not allowing ourselves to give credit to Rodgers this year when he pulled himself out and is playing amazing. Players can fluctuate in performance. Everything is clicking right now and we all could see the attitude in August. That's why this thread got started. Rodgers has earned everything he has been doing this year. And that is awesome.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Let's see what happens vs the Bears defense. Bears D line and LBs far exceed what Gutey has given Pettine to work with. Defense wins championships.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This thread needs to come back.

Go to 3:20 in the video of how Rodgers has changed his footwork, legs, timing and improved accuracy.

We are witnessing Favre in 2007 (except Rodgers is better). This is awesome and this thread was started because we could all see something different. We have our best shot at a SB since 2014 because Rodgers is playing like an MVP.

Huge props to Aaron Rodgers.

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Oct 2020 17:50
Captain_Ben wrote:
06 Oct 2020 14:07
BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2020 13:35

If you're analyzing strictly off of the stat lines, this is true. But when AR is in a funk, he has looked every bit as lost as the most pedestrian QB out there. 2016-2018 provided plenty of examples of passer rating telling a different story than what we saw on the field.

Regardless, I'm glad he's back and kicking ass now. On the stat sheet and on the film....
I mean what we saw on the field between those years was a bad scheme that didn’t get guys open and didn’t value the run game much. It also had really bad defenses where if the offense didnt score they would lose badly. When that’s the case you have to do everything you can to stay ahead and sometimes it’s still not gonna be enough.

You guys think Rodgers really got bad out of nowhere? Is it really such a surprise that the offense looked significantly harder than anyone else’s in the league under MM and now he’s in Dallas where (shocker) their offense looks like everything is really hard to achieve. The league adjusted to MMs scheme and passed him and he never adapted. It was cool in 2011 when they did the max protect corner post route but honest to god I never saw that play work again after that against any team that was semi decent.

Bow down to the God you disrespectful people.
just have to bump this post, I think it explains our transition and whats changed from last year to this one, more experience on offense in MLF's schemes.

and the only reason the defense was better last year was because of out standing pass rush, we still had ILB and coverage problems, and that has been high lighted this year because the pass rush has faltered and declined.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2020 06:36

Go to 3:20 in the video of how Rodgers has changed his footwork, legs, timing and improved accuracy.

We are witnessing Favre in 2007 (except Rodgers is better). This is awesome and this thread was started because we could all see something different. We have our best shot at a SB since 2014 because Rodgers is playing like an MVP.

EXPERIENCE, playing with balance, somehow you turn that into Rodgers had to reinvent his physical tech to accomplish what he has become mostly because Matt Lafluers schemes aren't easy and it took over a season to become great in them.

I agree huge props to Rodgers, but for maxing out schemes he could have maxed out at any time in his career.

these receivers (stooges) have also gained experience and are now playing better then they ever have since becoming a Packer, still all but Adams can't beat double coverage, and Rodgers makes them all better then they really are.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Dec 2020 07:32
go pak go wrote:

EXPERIENCE, playing with balance, somehow you turn that into Rodgers had to reinvent his physical tech to accomplish what he has become mostly because Matt Lafluers schemes aren't easy and it took over a season to become great in them.

I agree huge props to Rodgers, but for maxing out schemes he could have maxed out at any time in his career.

these receivers (stooges) have also gained experience and are now playing better then they ever have since becoming a Packer, still all but Adams can't beat double coverage, and Rodgers makes them all better then they really are.
I mean Rodgers himself said he used the offseason to focus on his footwork. Rodgers himself said he had a re-focus on his legs and discussed the importance of having strong legs to be a successful quarterback. Rodgers himself said he is setting PR's on his squats which was even a surprise to him at 36 years old.

Why do you always accuse me of bashing Rodgers? I started this freaking thread because I am giving huge accolades to Rodgers. Rodgers is playing at an MVP level. He hasn't done that since November 28, 2016 - mid January, 2017. He hasn't played a full season at an MVP level since 2014. These are facts. You don't just become the best in the league because of "scheme experience". You grow into the best of the league because you buy in, you become self critical, you work your a$$ off, you train properly. You are a great leader.

What he has done this year is amazing. What he is doing this year is amazing. How he is helping and elevating the play of two UDFAs in Tonyan and Lazard and a 5th round pick in MVS and making it the best in the league is amazing. That's a freaking leader and that's how your really expensive contract becomes worth it. Expensive players. Best players. These guys are to elevate their teammates. Not the other way around.

If all it takes is more "experience" in a scheme, then our defense should be better this year. But they are not. Oh no. It goes way beyond just getting experience. Nobody assumed this would happen when we hired MLF. We all hoped it would happen but the assumption back then would have been ridiculous.

And playing with balance? I'm pretty sure we were more dependent on the run last year than we are this year. Again, because Rodgers has emerged as a top quarterback. Aaron Jones was the face of our offense last year. Aaron Rodgers is the face of our offense this year.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2020 08:21
Yoop wrote:
03 Dec 2020 07:32
go pak go wrote:

I mean Rodgers himself said he used the offseason to focus on his footwork. Rodgers himself said he had a re-focus on his legs and discussed the importance of having strong legs to be a successful quarterback. Rodgers himself said he is setting PR's on his squats which was even a surprise to him at 36 years old.

Why do you always accuse me of bashing Rodgers? I started this freaking thread because I am giving huge accolades to Rodgers. Rodgers is playing at an MVP level. He hasn't done that since November 28, 2016 - mid January, 2017. He hasn't played a full season at an MVP level since 2014. These are facts. You don't just become the best in the league because of "scheme experience". You grow into the best of the league because you buy in, you become self critical, you work your a$$ off, you train properly. You are a great leader.

What he has done this year is amazing. What he is doing this year is amazing. How he is helping and elevating the play of two UDFAs in Tonyan and Lazard and a 5th round pick in MVS and making it the best in the league is amazing. That's a freaking leader and that's how your really expensive contract becomes worth it. Expensive players. Best players. These guys are to elevate their teammates. Not the other way around.

If all it takes is more "experience" in a scheme, then our defense should be better this year. But they are not. Oh no. It goes way beyond just getting experience. Nobody assumed this would happen when we hired MLF. We all hoped it would happen but the assumption back then would have been ridiculous.

And playing with balance? I'm pretty sure we were more dependent on the run last year than we are this year. Again, because Rodgers has emerged as a top quarterback. Aaron Jones was the face of our offense last year. Aaron Rodgers is the face of our offense this year.
did he dedicate himself more this last year then prior off seasons? sure but it probably has more to do with his excitement with Lafluer and his new offense then he had prior in McCarthy's antiquated iso spread verticals, but to think working on footwork (which was really never that bad) or his legs ( which obviously would need that do to aging) which have propelled him to still scramble last year and prior, ( Adams and others have said that Rodgers has always worked out and prepared during the off season)

for 4 years now you have ragged on Rodgers, and Freaking is just another word I take as a insult to him, what really pisses you off is that I wont cave to this insanity that the FO has done everything to help Rodgers sooner, hell most of these receivers wouldn't make the roster on plenty of other teams, yet to YOU, receivers had nothing to do with Rodgers not playing as well the last couple years, which is pure bunko thinking, and a large part of the reason they have improved also has to do with Lafluers designs to get receivers open faster

Aaron Jones had a great year and according to you the face of the offense in 019, however the only reason for that is the lack of experience of Rodgers and obviously the receivers not named Adams.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop - did you even watch the video? For Christ's sake, Rodgers himself said pretty much exactly what GPG is giving him props for. And yet here you are taking his comment as another slight against Rodgers and, again, railing on about WRs. I mean, FFS...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
03 Dec 2020 09:50
Yoop - did you even watch the video? For Christ's sake, Rodgers himself said pretty much exactly what GPG is giving him props for. And yet here you are taking his comment as another slight against Rodgers and, again, railing on about WRs. I mean, FFS...
of course I watched the video, a day or two before he did, and basically Rodgers said what people want to hear, as I said team mates have said Rodgers works hard every off season to be in good shape, it's a mountain/ mole hill thing, people that put stock in that over the simple truth of this being year two in a bran new offensive scheme, with the added experience of that for both Rodgers and the receivers is being niave, for christ sakes do you people even watch the games, why are receivers getting open on schedule? why is Rodgers getting rid of the ball faster then any other QB in the league, do you seriously think it's because Rodgers did more pushups? FFS use your brain, it's scheme, ask anyone with a lick of football sense.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
03 Dec 2020 10:02
APB wrote:
of course I watched the video, a day or two before he did, and basically Rodgers said what people want to hear, as I said team mates have said Rodgers works hard every off season to be in good shape, it's a mountain/ mole hill thing, people that put stock in that over the simple truth of this being year two in a bran new offensive scheme, with the added experience of that for both Rodgers and the receivers is being niave, for christ sakes do you people even watch the games, why are receivers getting open on schedule? why is Rodgers getting rid of the ball faster then any other QB in the league, do you seriously think it's because Rodgers did more pushups? FFS use your brain, it's scheme, ask anyone with a lick of football sense.
<sigh>

Nobody argued it was one or the other. Of course scheme and experience have contributed to the improved performance on offense. GPG commented SPECIFICALLY on what AR did PERSONALLY to better himself as QB in this offense. His comments were also accolades. FFS, not every post is an underhanded slight against AR.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

of course I watched the video, a day or two before he did
This was yesterday's press conference. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

basically Rodgers said what people want to hear

You say this a lot. Why do you think you have this "inside knowledge" of Rodgers and are the only one who has a connection to his brain to know why he says stuff? Why can't you just take what he says what he says? If anything, I would say this year Rodgers has not said "what people want to hear" but instead has been the most authentic, thoughtful and transparent he has been yet in his entire career. And that is saying something because Rodgers has always been this way. But honestly, we never heard of Rodgers talk about these things before. He famously would get defensive in years past when asked about fundamentals saying, "watch my high school tape and see about my fundamentals"
Yoop wrote:
as I said team mates have said Rodgers works hard every off season to be in good shape, it's a mountain/ mole hill thing, people that put stock in that over the simple truth of this being year two in a bran new offensive scheme, with the added experience of that for both Rodgers and the receivers is being niave, for christ sakes do you people even watch the games, why are receivers getting open on schedule? why is Rodgers getting rid of the ball faster then any other QB in the league, do you seriously think it's because Rodgers did more pushups?

I thought you watched the video? Because not once in the video did Rodgers talk about pushups or upper body strength. In fact Rodgers said the opposite. Rodgers said quaterbacks always have a strong arm and alluded that Marino, Elway and FARV-EE (I love how he calls him that) could still throw the ball with their arm strength today but it's their legs that halt them from doing what they used to do.
Yoop wrote:
FFS use your brain, it's scheme, ask anyone with a lick of football sense.

Isn't it on other threads you argue that scheme doesn't matter? Coaches can't design a scheme with the crappy talent provided?
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
03 Dec 2020 10:06
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
<sigh>

Nobody argued it was one or the other. Of course scheme and experience have contributed to the improved performance on offense. GPG commented SPECIFICALLY on what AR did PERSONALLY to better himself as QB in this offense. His comments were also accolades. FFS, not every post is an underhanded slight against AR.
Sorry to hold a grudge for all the crap said in the past over Rodgers these last few year, mostly because the schemes and receivers where garbage, Rodgers got the blame due to a anemic FO, now ya want to jump back on the Rodgers train giving him accolades for doing some pushups, come on man :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2020 10:13
Yoop wrote:

of course I watched the video, a day or two before he did
This was yesterday's press conference. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

basically Rodgers said what people want to hear

You say this a lot. Why do you think you have this "inside knowledge" of Rodgers and are the only one who has a connection to his brain to know why he says stuff? Why can't you just take what he says what he says? If anything, I would say this year Rodgers has not said "what people want to hear" but instead has been the most authentic, thoughtful and transparent he has been yet in his entire career. And that is saying something because Rodgers has always been this way. But honestly, we never heard of Rodgers talk about these things before. He famously would get defensive in years past when asked about fundamentals saying, "watch my high school tape and see about my fundamentals"
Yoop wrote:
as I said team mates have said Rodgers works hard every off season to be in good shape, it's a mountain/ mole hill thing, people that put stock in that over the simple truth of this being year two in a bran new offensive scheme, with the added experience of that for both Rodgers and the receivers is being niave, for christ sakes do you people even watch the games, why are receivers getting open on schedule? why is Rodgers getting rid of the ball faster then any other QB in the league, do you seriously think it's because Rodgers did more pushups?

I thought you watched the video? Because not once in the video did Rodgers talk about pushups or upper body strength. In fact Rodgers said the opposite. Rodgers said quaterbacks always have a strong arm and alluded that Marino, Elway and FARV-EE (I love how he calls him that) could still throw the ball with their arm strength today but it's their legs that halt them from doing what they used to do.
Yoop wrote:
FFS use your brain, it's scheme, ask anyone with a lick of football sense.

Isn't it on other threads you argue that scheme doesn't matter? Coaches can't design a scheme with the crappy talent provided?
seriously, Pushups was a figure of speech.

I watched the video some time yesterday

don't twist what I say to use against me, of course scheme matters, but u also need players that can make those schemes work, ffs GPG, we just signed Austin because he fits a position we are very thin at, non of the stooges do ( stooges equals anyone it takes years to develop )

as I said, we have heard more then a couple times team mates comment about Rodgers devotion to being in great shape, his comments about special training this last off season is exactly what you wanted to hear, to me, it meant he wants to be in the best shape possible, but then Rodgers has never to me looked like he was out of shape.

different title, same interview, I saw it right after it was posted at jsonline yesterday morn, in the last few months during my suspension I've read at least a doz interviews from Rodgers there and elsewhere, and they all provide a assortment of reasons for Rodgers improved production, however comfort and experience in these new offensive schemes is common in every article.

Sorry to flame on you GPG, and I'am glad you brought the article, I admit I did gloss over the part about his leg conditioning, and you guys calling me out about it forced me to re-read/listen to his comments, still, as I said, I heard it before or something similiar weeks back, and still believe as I said more experience in Lafluers offense from everyone is the main reason Rodgers is playing better.

https://www.jsonline.com/videos/sports/ ... 803696001/
Last edited by Yoop on 03 Dec 2020 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I like watching him throw the football.