Aaron Rodgers thread 3000

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:43
Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:41
YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:03
The issue with the "if we had this other guy, we could have won" thing isn't that it's untrue. Like sure, maybe that helps. But it's a counterfactual. It can't be proven or unproven. It is a scenario that exists in another timeline or another universe that did not happen.

But when we look at what ACTUALLY happened last year: the Packers set an all-time NFL record for converting red zone possessions to TDs--80%--this season. All. Time. Record.

Yes, Jones was out and Jones normally isn't out. But Aaron Jones (unlike in 2019) was not the biggest red zone weapon on the team, nor the only. Certainly, it's true that Adams was getting covered well by the Bucs. But that's also why MVS had over 100 yards. The coverage slanted toward Adams and MVS stepped up. Back to the red zone stuff, Tonyan tied for the league lead in TD receptions by a TE, 11.

We have weapons. We all wanted more. We all are stoked to have a traditional slot. We probably/maybe could have been a better-than-a-number-one-in-the-league offense if we had one.

But you can't look at the NFCCG and just decide there is only ONE alternative, ONE way to win the game. Too many things went wrong. We list all of them--Kevin King first and foremost. But yoou, @Yoop, only list ONE thing. It's absurd. The monotony of the argument is absurd.

When people say "we had the players to win the game, but they didn't get it done," it's not a "defense of the Jordan Love pick," it's just true. We wiped the floor with the #1 defense in the league the week before. We were in position to win this game, too. After Tom Brady threw interceptions we went 3 and out twice, not because of anything other than poor play calling (zero runs) in a game where our OTs were clearly struggling to keep up. A million things could have changed about that game and led to a win. WHY, then, should we all pick ONE thing from a counterfactual universe and commit to the idea that it would have made the difference? Why is that what you do? Why is that the logical path for any of us to take.

When I look at that game, everything we did well offensively all season--red zone, pass protection, and running game--all failed. That doesn't mean we don't have the players to do those things well, because we did them well ALL SEASON. It means Bakh got hurt, Jones got hurt, Rodgers and Adams weren't in "their zone," and MLF didn't turn to Dillon for some reason. And that's JUST the offense. The defense allowed 31 points!
I disagree, Jones is a huge red zone player

and my argument is solid, Adams was in fact neutralized, Jones was on the sideline, the pass rush had been relentless, and a slot player helps negate all those things, why you think it's absurd that a guy like Randal Cobb, who made a living of getting open in short spaces wouldn't have helped us score a TD in that situation is mind boggling to me.

and I'am absurd, thing is people would rather defend the Love pick then actually admit we lacked offensive fire power in that game., and what we did to Tenn or the Rams or any other game prior has very little to do with the Tampa game, there defense neutralized our offense, and plenty of people here blamed Rodgers for the loss, thats how this argument started, now posters are back tracking,
We scored 26 points against a really good defense that held Mahomes to 8 points two weeks later. Our comeback fell short because of the mistakes at the end of the 1st and beginning of 2nd half. Unfortunately we fell just short, but definitely had the players to pull it off.
NO, we did not have the players to pull it off at the end, or we would have, you people need to go and rewatch that last series, I have, and I'am not making anything up now concerning it, we can't expect Rodgers to see e3verything when for most of the game he rarely had time to throw.

and I apoligize Acrobat for forgetting that you had been around since the start of the forum, my memory isn't so good these days, I simply looked at your return date and didn't put it together.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:49
Yoop wrote:
we lacked offensive fire power in that game., and what we did to Tenn or the Rams or any other game prior has very little to do with the Tampa game
Why? Why did what we had previously done over the course of the entire season no longer matter?
Because of that one drive that went 70 yards but didn't score a TD. I bet that damn Gutey was pumping his fist in celebration!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:44
paco wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:21
sorry Paco, you might want to sit this one out, cause I'am convinced of my position concerning this argument. :hail:
Unlike Arnold, I think I do actually have a tumor. Have at it boys.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
we lacked offensive fire power in that game., and what we did to Tenn or the Rams or any other game prior has very little to do with the Tampa game
Why? Why did what we had previously done over the course of the entire season no longer matter?
do you even realize how disengenious this question is, think about what I've been trying to get across to you these last 4 or 5 pages, we lacked star offensive players when we needed them the most,

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:52
Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:44
paco wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:21
sorry Paco, you might want to sit this one out, cause I'am convinced of my position concerning this argument. :hail:
Unlike Arnold, I think I do actually have a tumor. Have at it boys.
:rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We had the star offensive players, they didn't bring their A game that day.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

This thread is such a nightmare, we completely glossed over this ridiculous tweet.

If I was a scout for the Bucs, I would be seriously offended. Talk about a vote-of-no-confidence.
paco wrote:
03 Jun 2021 10:25

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:55
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
do you even realize how disengenious this question is, think about what I've been trying to get across to you these last 4 or 5 pages, we lacked star offensive players when we needed them the most,
Then how the $%@# did we get to the NFCCG in the first place? Magic?

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:01
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers alone, of course. Duh!

But then to take that logic further, it would then be Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers fault, alone, that we didn't make it to the Super Bowl. HEHE!

The logical of the illogical.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

Easy schedule.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
we lacked star offensive players when we needed them the most,
Finally we are in agreement!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
This thread is such a nightmare, we completely glossed over this ridiculous tweet.

If I was a scout for the Bucs, I would be seriously offended. Talk about a vote-of-no-confidence.
paco wrote:

I'm used to it. Happens with most of my posts!

I didn't actually read it. But I'm sure the team/scouts narrowed down a list and gave some names for him to look at. I doubt they opened it up and said scout every WR in the draft.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:57
We had the star offensive players, they didn't bring their A game that day.
do you work on a farm? your one of the best horse manure spreaders I know of, seriously now Adams blanketed but still catching 11 of 14 targets, for zero yac yards for the game is one of our best star offensive players, I'd call that neuterd performance, same with Jones who not having a hole to run through failed to protect the ball, and the second fumbled ended his play that game, please name all the other impact players that excel in short areas, our offense lacked the ability to block, both of our stars on offense besides Rodgers where extremely hampered, and your stance is they didn't bring there A game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Finally we are in agreement! :lol:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:05
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

finally????? I've not deviated from my original comments here, it's not as though I've kept this opinion secret, a quality slot receiver would have made it easier for our offense to over come the failures with other aspects of the team last year and specially so against a stellar pass rush as Tampa had in the NFCCG, thats been my position through out all of this. :idn:
Last edited by Yoop on 03 Jun 2021 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I saw this earlier today, but not on this thread... amazing. I wonder how much of it was to make him feel included; there was a pre-set list. Arians apparently was evaluating his ability to evaluate? :dunno:

Weird stuff. But yeah, total trolling of Rodgers, intentionally or not
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

paco wrote:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:07
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

paco wrote:
I'm used to it. Happens with most of my posts!

I didn't actually read it. But I'm sure the team/scouts narrowed down a list and gave some names for him to look at. I doubt they opened it up and said scout every WR in the draft.
Yes, they gave Brady a narrowed down list.
"Look at these receivers and see if there is something you like," Arians said he told Brady via JoeBucsFan.com. "And I will critique your ability to critique receivers."
Asked by Eisen how Brady did in his evaluation, Arians replied, "He did great. There are certain things he likes. He likes really good, big, fast receivers."
Well duh, Bruce! Who doesn't want big, fast receivers who can catch? :roll:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Ha, even Florio is pointing out that Rodgers is in a no win situation.

No matter what Rodgers says or does, his value will be greater after the season than it is now or will be until after the trade deadline.

There is literally zero incentive for the team to do anything.

Rodgers seems like a smart guy, but this play of his is a really dumb decision.

Honestly I think he needs mental help or has a pain killer problem. He is not right at all.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:17
I saw this earlier today, but not on this thread... amazing. I wonder how much of it was to make him feel included; there was a pre-set list. Arians apparently was evaluating his ability to evaluate? :dunno:

Weird stuff. But yeah, total trolling of Rodgers, intentionally or not
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

paco wrote:

I don't think this is so strange, why anyone would think that a QB with such vast experience wouldn't be able to spot athletic traits needed to excel in a certain style scheme isn't being fair to that QB, heck QB's watch just about as much film as coaches do, it's not a slight to the team scouts, there the ones that probably bring a batch of receivers up front for the coaches and the QB to give a second opinion about.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:17
go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:05
Yoop wrote:

finally????? I've not deviated from my original comments here, it's not as though I've kept this opinion secret, a quality slot receiver would have made it easier for our offense to over come the failures with other aspects of the team last year and specially so against a stellar pass rush as Tampa had in the NFCCG, thats been my position through out all of this. :idn:
Where we differ is I am saying our star offensive players we had on the team didn't play like it when we needed them to. And I guess I do get surprised by that. There is literally no difference between when MVS drops a ball or Adams drops a ball when it represents points being taken off the board.

I don't understand why the same amount of hand wringing doesn't happen when Adams dropped his ball that took away 4 points compared to when MVS dropped his ball or fumbled his ball vs Indy. Both players are similar in their responsibilities of those losses and yet MVS is the one who receives death threats (ridiculous) whereas Adams kind of gets off easy when he didn't really do much in a game we needed him most.
Yoop wrote: