Packers @ Bills Game Day Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Malik Taylor to the 2021 Preseason Packers is like Davante Adams was for the 2017 Packers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Spots for us have been garbage today. That last spot was REALLY bad, like an entire yard bad.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Aug 2021 14:21
Spots for us have been garbage today. That last spot was REALLY bad, like an entire yard bad.
Yup. The Reggie Begelton and Patrick Taylor plays were first downs.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Bad pitch by Benkert. It would have been converted I believe if the pitch was better.
Yoop wrote:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

What the hell? They put Crosby out there to punt! :dunno:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Ummm….Mason Crosby just punted that one.

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

John Kuhn said Crosby wanted to punt just once in his career, so LaFluer let him do it :lol:
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
28 Aug 2021 14:40
John Kuhn said Crosby wanted to punt just once in his career, so LaFluer let him do it :lol:
Better average than JK Scott this August.
Yoop wrote:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Amari Rodgers looks a little quicker this week

He's constantly in danger of losing his helmet though...
- Vince Lombardi

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
28 Aug 2021 14:46

Not on the punt return though.... No quickness. Why are we cursed on teams. 🙈

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Very little to get excited about other than the running back Kylin Hill and the WR Malik Taylor.

Heflin and Slaton were entertaining.

Our Special Teams still seems to be partially lost.

LaCoach successfully showed no cards during the preseason. :munch:

GO PACK GO !!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
28 Aug 2021 14:42
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Yes, it was actually a decent punt

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Aug 2021 17:49
Very little to get excited about other than the running back Kylin Hill and the WR Malik Taylor.

Heflin and Slaton were entertaining.

Our Special Teams still seems to be partially lost.

LaCoach successfully showed no cards during the preseason. :munch:

GO PACK GO !!
I was excited about a lot of the game today. We were 3 bad plays away from beating a Bills team who played their starters into the 3rd quarter.

Every drive the Bills scored on they had to fight with 3rd and longs and 4th down conversions. The score looked lopsided, but it was just because our 2nd and 3rd/cut players couldn't finish plays. And most of the guys who "screwed up" either won't be on the 53 or will play very little.

The only real disappointed thing I have experienced after this preseason is I don't think Jean Charles is a good replacement for Sullivan at that slot spot if necessary. I think Jean Charles has struggled in the preseason.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
28 Aug 2021 17:24
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

please don't ask hard questions :nono: :lol:

either we have a decent return guy, he gets hurt ( Ervin ) or the blocking sucks, seems like one or the other is common stance with our return units, we require our gunners to also win a spot on the offensive or defensive depth chart, so that possibly eliminates someone that could be a very good ST's player.

I didn't think passing on that well known ST's coach a few years back was a smart decision, and our ST's has ranked amongst the worst in the league ever sense, course it's pre cut down game, lots of these guys wont make the team, hopefully the starting units will be better

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Aug 2021 17:56
go pak go wrote:
28 Aug 2021 14:42
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Yes, it was actually a decent punt
Scotts last punt went 55 yrds with 5.5 hang time, Long Leg Crosby aint that long any more, nice to see him get to do something he's always wanted to do though, Scott just needs to boot them like that more often, nice punt into the corner, our coverage still allowed a 10 plus yrd return.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
28 Aug 2021 17:24
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

I thought he looked fine, just zero blocking. 2 guys right in his face with no other Packer in the area. Did good to get 5 yards.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I missed the fist half unfortunately, dvr wasn't set to record and I didn't realize it was early in the day. Oops, I was really looking forward to watching Jordan again, I gather he looked quite good overall, even better than week 1, with one real boneheaded play.

Remember way back when, likely one of the things that fueled 2007 was that the backup QB was stupid good and kept the #1D on its toes in practice. There was a lot of talk of that, Rodgers running the scout team and how valuable that was for the team. We might just get that this year too.

I feal real good about the QB he's going to be next year. Where he's at now, he's going to get so much out of watching one more year. Rare is this opportunity, for almost every other young QB they would have earned the starting gig by now or be close enough that the FO gives the push.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Waldo wrote:
28 Aug 2021 19:08
I missed the fist half unfortunately, dvr wasn't set to record and I didn't realize it was early in the day. Oops, I was really looking forward to watching Jordan again, I gather he looked quite good overall, even better than week 1, with one real boneheaded play.

Remember way back when, likely one of the things that fueled 2007 was that the backup QB was stupid good and kept the #1D on its toes in practice. There was a lot of talk of that, Rodgers running the scout team and how valuable that was for the team. We might just get that this year too.

I feal real good about the QB he's going to be next year. Where he's at now, he's going to get so much out of watching one more year. Rare is this opportunity, for almost every other young QB they would have earned the starting gig by now or be close enough that the FO gives the push.
I wouldn't put Love at Rodgers 2007 level yet. But it's also hard to completely judge because of the talent Love had to play with. He had about 3 really good plays. And about 3 really bad plays.

Overall I would say it was a good day at the office. Our run game was also awesome which helped move the chains.

Kylin Hill is FREAKING good. Gives me 2017 Aaron Jones vibes.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.