General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm surprised Demovsky had that in 'em :rotf:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
18 Aug 2021 19:03
That’s so funny

I laughed at this way too many times yesterday... :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
18 Aug 2021 23:36
BF004 wrote:
18 Aug 2021 19:03
That’s so funny

I laughed at this way too many times yesterday... :rotf:

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Jake Dolegala is doing a presser at the moment and I absolutely hate him based on looking at his face. I don't know why. I don't know if it's how he carries himself. I don't know if it's facial expressions. Super punchable face.
image.png
image.png (245.9 KiB) Viewed 378 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is good stuff.

His commentary on MVS is difficult not to get excited about. His commentary on Stokes was so hopeful.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Anyone catch that we restructured Z's contract this offseason?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-p ... ith-16848/
MAR 17 2021Converted $14.26 million of 2021 salary into bonus, clearing $7.38M of cap space with Green Bay (GB)
He now has a $28.13 million dollar cap hit in 2022 with a $15.75 savings upon release.

yikes...
image.png
image.png (109.47 KiB) Viewed 360 times

Top offseason moves to save cap by releasing/trading
Aaron (19.3)
Za'Darius (15.75)
Preston (12.5)
Amos (7.9)
Cobb (6.8)
Turner (4.1)
Dean (3.9)
Crosby (2.4)

Cobb most assuredly gone, super outside shot he'd restructure/take a pay cut if we somehow can fit Aaron back.

I would point to Amos as a prime extension candidate. Just turned 28, been extremely durable, at a position that can age fairly well.

Dean needs to be better to stick around, but if he is even an average caliber DL and healthy this year, hard to argue that isn't worth 4 million.

Billy Turner should be back at that cost.

Preston pretty much gotta go.

Za'darius maybe back with an extension, very dangerous to lose both Preston and Z in the same offseason with absolutely nothing else developing other than Gary.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This is what all in looks like!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yes we discussed Z's restructure earlier this year.

It is also why there are "rumblings" that Z is not happy with his contract and wants an extension before the season because he knows he basically needs to play balls to the walls or his leverage drops considerably.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Aug 2021 09:47
Yes we discussed Z's restructure earlier this year.

It is also why there are "rumblings" that Z is not happy with his contract and wants an extension before the season because he knows he basically needs to play balls to the walls or his leverage drops considerably.
I agree with his position
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from the Athletic

Big Dog talking about his role in Titletown:

“At a certain point, the athletic ability is going to taper off a little bit, speed’s going to taper off a little bit. You can’t teach my size, you can’t teach what I’ve got in between my ears and you can’t teach this,” he said, pointing to his heart. “I bring all that together, plus my technique, and I’m pretty hard to beat. That’s what I instill in my tight end room. That’s all me and Bobby (Tonyan) talk about — the attitude, the grit, the will.”

IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Somebody needs to run that audio through one of those FBI declutter analyzer thingies. I really, REALLY wanna know what Big Dog was telling him!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Packers sign CB Rojesterman Farris, per team Insta.

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

I wanna see Rojesterman cover Equanimeous ....just to hear the play-by- play
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So just a hypothetical, but we are like 40+ million over the cap next year.

If Davante wants like ~28M+ on a new deal and we just can not fit that in. Could a tag and trade possibly be in the works?

Think a franchise tag would be around like $16M which we'd have to find a way to get to like 16M below the cap if only for a few days until we complete a trade.

Order of operations might be tricky. I think we could to trade Aaron and get the $20 million in savings, but that wouldn't be effective until the start of the league new year, which would be well after the tag deadline. Maybe I'm wrong on that. Could be the only way is if we trade Aaron and get the salary savings before tagging Adams.

But if you ask me if I want a 2023 3rd round pick or a 2022 1st and 4th, well duh.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
30 Aug 2021 10:48
So just a hypothetical, but we are like 40+ million over the cap next year.

If Davante wants like ~28M+ on a new deal and we just can not fit that in. Could a tag and trade possibly be in the works?

Think a franchise tag would be around like $16M which we'd have to find a way to get to like 16M below the cap if only for a few days until we complete a trade.

Order of operations might be tricky. I think we could to trade Aaron and get the $20 million in savings, but that wouldn't be effective until the start of the league new year, which would be well after the tag deadline. Maybe I'm wrong on that. Could be the only way is if we trade Aaron and get the salary savings before tagging Adams.

But if you ask me if I want a 2023 3rd round pick or a 2022 1st and 4th, well duh.
I have a feeling its going to be hard to get to the point we can make that happen. And it'll !@#$ of Adams something fierce unless he's involved. I like the idea, but I'm guessing it likely won't happen.
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

If the Saints game gets moved to Dallas, no worries - the Packers have done well in that stadium and the crowd won't be quite so deafening
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind of surprised we haven't seen any names yet.

Cut downs due tomorrow at 3 pm central.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
30 Aug 2021 10:48
I believe the only thing that matters is if we are below the cap the moment the new league year starts. So we could tag Adams and then figure out a way to get under the cap between then and the start of the new league year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."