Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Interesting back to back tweets here on my feed this morn.
image.png
image.png (280.7 KiB) Viewed 281 times

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 15:05
Even if a knock on him is maybe he isn't aggressive enough.

But when you are throwing up 40 TD's on the norm and winning MVP's.

This is just silly.

Agree, it's tough to discount that stat. And it's easy to forget how good we have had it with Aaron, frustrated as we can get with him.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
17 Jun 2022 10:01
BF004 wrote:
14 Jun 2022 15:05
Even if a knock on him is maybe he isn't aggressive enough.

But when you are throwing up 40 TD's on the norm and winning MVP's.

This is just silly.

Agree, it's tough to discount that stat. And it's easy to forget how good we have had it with Aaron, frustrated as we can get with him.
To the crowd that takes Aaron for granted and hates on him whenever he isn’t perfect...i always say...”you would hate to see the on field product without him”
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Jun 2022 10:04
To the crowd that takes Aaron for granted and hates on him whenever he isn’t perfect...i always say...”you would hate to see the on field product without him”
I just hate this comment and ones like it. Why is it 'hating on him' to make an objective observation?

Why can't one say Aaron made a bad read or a bad throw on one specific play?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
17 Jun 2022 11:40
Drj820 wrote:
I just hate this comment and ones like it. Why is it 'hating on him' to make an objective observation?

Yeah. It's in the conversation of being one of the worst posts I have seen on this forum.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jun 2022 11:44
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Yeah. It's in the conversation of being one of the worst posts I have seen on this forum.
Haha

I was referring to conversations where people think the packers are a playoff team even with Love at QB or just any ole average qb. I also wasn’t referring to a large number of people on this forum. I hear the comments everywhere.

I believe many have taken for granted Rodgers greatness and how his greatness affects the Win/Loss column for years.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Jun 2022 11:49
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Haha

I was referring to conversations where people think the packers are a playoff team even with Love at QB or just any ole average qb. I also wasn’t referring to a large number of people on this forum. I hear the comments everywhere.

I believe many have taken for granted Rodgers greatness and how his greatness affects the Win/Loss column for years.
The 2019 - 2022 Packers is absolutely a playoff football with any "ole average qb". We are likely not with Love based on the performance he has put on the field in 2021. But that is because Love was well below average in performance.

But absolutely a 16th NFL rated QB on this Packers team is a playoff caliber team. 14 teams make it. And our defense is a top 5 unit. That's a playoff quality team.

And that isn't even controversial. Where people like to go with this is extreme arguments of "put a sh*tty QB back there and we suck"...well yeah. Put a sh*tty QB anywhere and they are going to suck. But average? Absolutely this team has the horses to make the postseason with average. It's a damn good football team.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jun 2022 11:56
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Haha

The 2019 - 2022 Packers is absolutely a playoff football with any "ole average qb". We are likely not with Love based on the performance he has put on the field in 2021. But that is because Love was well below average in performance.

But absolutely a 16th NFL rated QB on this Packers team is a playoff caliber team. 14 teams make it. And our defense is a top 5 unit. That's a playoff quality team.

And that isn't even controversial. Where people like to go with this is extreme arguments of "put a sh*tty QB back there and we suck"...well yeah. Put a sh*tty QB anywhere and they are going to suck. But average? Absolutely this team has the horses to make the postseason with average. It's a damn good football team.
I think that regardless of how much talent a QB has around him, throwing for more than 4,000 yards with those TD-INT ratios is amazing. It's just really difficult to undersell that statistic, no matter what the context. So yeah, maybe a QB once considered to be "middling" could have led this team to the playoffs, but he wouldn't have even sniffed these numbers IMO.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Captain_Ben wrote:
17 Jun 2022 15:01
go pak go wrote:
17 Jun 2022 11:56
Drj820 wrote:

Haha

I think that regardless of how much talent a QB has around him, throwing for more than 4,000 yards with those TD-INT ratios is amazing. It's just really difficult to undersell that statistic, no matter what the context. So yeah, maybe a QB once considered to be "middling" could have led this team to the playoffs, but he wouldn't have even sniffed these numbers IMO.
Yeah his ratios and raw regular season statistics is absolutely insane. No argument from on that at all.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

minus Rodgers the last 5 or 6 years and we don't even sniff the playoffs, defenses take time to build and have a short shelf life, God help us if we don't get another very good QB.

It took a lot of money to keep Rodgers here, and it sounds like he might stay till Love either is ready to play or it's obvious he isn't the guy, I applaud him for that, he still gives us the best chance to win.

most teams if they want can shut down the run, ya still have to be able to pass in this league to win, it's why the Rams bought Stafford, it's why Tampa bought Brady, it why RB's aren't appreciated like QB's and rarely are picked top 5.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

"Not being a bad team" is not the bar for me right now. If I were a Browns fan, it would be, but....
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If this guy can make the Packers a winner, I think an average QB can make the Packers a winner.

Every other QB who played for us during our "good" years besides Flynn was anything but an average QB. Wallace, Love, Tolzein, etc. were bad QBs.

But we are paying Rodgers and doing everything we can to keep Rodgers not be a playoff team...but to be a SB winning team. Winning a SB is the goal. And you don't get windows often to get one. We are in a window and the FO and Rodgers came together to do what it took to keep the window open as long as possible.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Surprised to see this.
image.png
image.png (14.41 KiB) Viewed 229 times
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We've seen Aaron with amazing talent, he wins MVP's and Super Bowls, we seen Aaron with poor talent, we miss the playoffs.

He is the best QB in the world, we are a worse team with any replacement.

I don't think any of this is news to anyone.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jun 2022 16:21
Surprised to see this.

image.png
Awwww..... He was a fun social media follow, really bought into the GB life and raising his little girl here.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Kinda confused by this move. I mean, Benkert is a pretty replaceable talent for the most part, but you do need an emergency QB3 option and camp arm, and whoever replaces him will be roughly the same quality; you may as well stick with Benkert if only for continuity/familiarity. Heck, he's younger than Danny Etling (only by one year, but still).

'Not saying there is no rational reason for this move, it's just not apparent to me right now (if it exists).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah it doesn't make any sense to me either.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Haha

I'm thinking that our defense and our running game could be enough regardless who is playing QB. Really, I'm not kidding. No, maybe I'm kidding. Am I kidding? If the Packers have to rely on QB play and WR play to win it all ............. then I doubt it'll happen. Remember the 2010 defense .... IT IS TIME and all that other great stuff on the defensive side of the ball (do the Raji, Cullen Jenkins, Hawk, Matthews, Collins, Woodson, Shields, etc.). Feel free to remind me that I wrote this if it turns out that I was totally wrong. GO PACK GO!!
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 17 Jun 2022 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Dang i guess the team thinks Love is better than Benkert

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jun 2022 16:21
Surprised to see this.

image.png
What the what?!!! Why release him now?

If I were to wildly speculate, I'd say maybe he was not progressing enough? Or maybe he wants a legit shot as a #2 somewhere else?
Drj820 wrote:
17 Jun 2022 18:22
Dang i guess the team thinks Love is better than Benkert
You don't say!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi