Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I knew all I needed to know about Bakh when he was having the time of his life on the golf cart with rodgers at training camp instead of with his boys on the grass preparing to win a Super Bowl.

Now, I get that he couldn’t be out there due to injury, but he shouldn’t have been looking so thrilled about not being able to be out there.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

jeez, the Bakhtiari hate seemed to come on fast. I don't get it. Dude has always been honest and answers the questions he's asked. I have zero issue with anything he has said to date. Unless I missed something, what's been so bad?
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Jun 2023 13:53
I knew all I needed to know about Bakh when he was having the time of his life on the golf cart with rodgers at training camp instead of with his boys on the grass preparing to win a Super Bowl.

Now, I get that he couldn’t be out there due to injury, but he shouldn’t have been looking so thrilled about not being able to be out there.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:

I agree. I would have felt so much better if every video that came out during training camp was of him crying. Like I wanted snot too, not just tears. Lots of snot. That would have proven to me that he wanted to be out there. Snot. Lots of it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
01 Jun 2023 13:54
jeez, the Bakhtiari hate seemed to come on fast. I don't get it. Dude has always been honest and answers the questions he's asked. I have zero issue with anything he has said to date. Unless I missed something, what's been so bad?
:rotf: we are a love or hate community here :rotf:

Bahk has acted like a consummate pro, it's natural for a player/a person to have mixed feelings when they become the oldest vet employee, with a team or boss who's actions favor youth, problem is thats not good enough for some fans/observers who nit pick everything that player ever says apart

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:

ya that club car ride was actually AR and Bahk thumbing there noses at the others who didn't have a cushy club car to ride around on :rotf:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
That’s just Packers fans. They turn on all time greats and meanwhile make every excuse in the world for the busts we take. Lord knows how many excuses I’ve heard for Bustin Harrell, Dumbarious Randall, and Kevin King about how good they are when healthy.

Just the “real” fans who ironically are the fake fans.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jun 2023 15:45
paco wrote:
That’s just Packers fans. They turn on all time greats and meanwhile make every excuse in the world for the busts we take. Lord knows how many excuses I’ve heard for Bustin Harrell, Dumbarious Randall, and Kevin King about how good they are when healthy.

I like my greats to be available after they sign new contracts and maybe even win some super bowls. Just me.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Jun 2023 16:06
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jun 2023 15:45
paco wrote:

I like my greats to be available after they sign new contracts and maybe even win some super bowls. Just me.
But mostly, if you do miss time due to injury, don't you dare smile....ever.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I’m both heading the charge in “Bakh’s behavior/quotes feel off/stage this year” and on the side of like “it’s not that big of a deal; it’s just worth noting.”

I also agree with Bakh that we’re in something of a mini-rebuild, but don’t like hearing that from players or especially leaders. But also feel like if we truly were revising we would have/should have traded him. And maybe that’s how he’s feeling, too.

Who knows.

Anyway, I feel both a part of the Bakhtiari overreaction and like it’s an overreaction. So :dunno:

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

The " Bakhtiari " reaction whatever you want to call it is simple.... the fan base is tired of drama and smart ^%^ remarks, etc after the past 3 seasons of drama.
It seems as if he really doesn't want to be here sometimes but this is where he gets paid so I think we will see more of that attitude like it or not.... but can he stay healthy and contribute all year? Now that's the real question here. :idn:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wizard 87 wrote:
01 Jun 2023 17:38
The " Bakhtiari " reaction whatever you want to call it is simple.... the fan base is tired of drama and smart ^%^ remarks, etc after the past 3 seasons of drama.
It seems as if he really doesn't want to be here sometimes but this is where he gets paid so I think we will see more of that attitude like it or not.... but can he stay healthy and contribute all year? Now that's the real question here. :idn:
I will be quick to forgive if he can :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
Totally agree

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
It isn't where an athlete's mentality should be. If he is consciously saying that, how will it manifest on the field (effort, dedication, film stydy, playing fast, etc)? In reality he is probably correct, but that is for pundits and fans to discuss.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Everyone saying Bakhs comments aren’t a big deal would be saying “haha this is why the bears are the bears” “this is why the bears suck” or something like that…if Bakh played for Chicago.

Folks let’s face it, these are the comments of someone who thinks he is above the locker room.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2023 06:18
Everyone saying Bakhs comments aren’t a big deal would be saying “haha this is why the bears are the bears” “this is why the bears suck” or something like that…if Bakh played for Chicago.

Folks let’s face it, these are the comments of someone who thinks he is above the locker room.
I mean, that's one conclusion. Are people really listening to his words, though, or just reading the headlines?

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
02 Jun 2023 06:25
Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2023 06:18

I mean, that's one conclusion. Are people really listening to his words, though, or just reading the headlines?

Not to be rude but if he was a bear you would be the top person saying his comments are why they suck. Everyone’s heard the full comments. They aren’t much better.

Bakhs seen Love for 3 years and still wants to say he has no clue how he will do. Anyone objective would suggest to Bakh he should either keep his opinions to himself on the topic, or be working to build confidence in Love.

Bakh is a player on the team, not a media member. His commentary on the qb situation and the status of the rebuild is not needed…unless of course he thinks he is above the team.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2023 06:35
Not to be rude but if he was a bear you would be the top person saying his comments are why they suck. Everyone’s heard the full comments. They aren’t much better.
It's not rude if that is what you really think, but I just don't know why I would get piled into the group of super homers. I don't think I am that and I don't think I post in a way that people would think that. Personally, my thoughts on these comments are it's just offseason fodder. From a locker room leadership standpoint, sure Bak his place, as do several of the other vets that have been around, but when it comes right down to it, the most important leadership comes from the HC and the QB, in that order. That is the way I view it. 17-0 or 0-17, no one is going to point back to comments made by Bak in May.

All of this is just to say, Bak is Bak. Still love the guy. Nothing he opines is going to make me turn on him unless it is infinitely more spurious than what he has already opined.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Jun 2023 11:16
Yoop wrote:
01 Jun 2023 09:24
I think Fans get consumed with team chemistry and a old vet thats not acting all giddy like a school prom queen doesn't fit in, thing is these young players will look up to a player like Bahk no matter what he says, short of being a distracting voice against the coaching, which he would never be.
That’s actually my fear. There is such a thing as negative leadership; when you ARE a locker room leader, but you’re leading a rebellion more than the invasion...
This seems similar to the Josh Sitton situation. If memory serves, I believe his influence on the younger players was seen as a negative, too, and he was eventually shown the door.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
02 Jun 2023 07:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Jun 2023 11:16
Yoop wrote:
01 Jun 2023 09:24
I think Fans get consumed with team chemistry and a old vet thats not acting all giddy like a school prom queen doesn't fit in, thing is these young players will look up to a player like Bahk no matter what he says, short of being a distracting voice against the coaching, which he would never be.
That’s actually my fear. There is such a thing as negative leadership; when you ARE a locker room leader, but you’re leading a rebellion more than the invasion...
This seems similar to the Josh Sitton situation. If memory serves, I believe his influence on the younger players was seen as a negative, too, and he was eventually shown the door.
This was the first thing I thought of.
Cancelled by the forum elites.