General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sounds like there’sa chance the well one opener gets moved to a neutral site in light of the storm in New Orleans. Worth monitoring

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Aug 2021 12:11
Sounds like there’s a chance the week one opener gets moved to a neutral site in light of the storm in New Orleans.
Dallas is the chosen locale and the Cowboys are on the road weeks 1- 2 so that palace is available.
Saints open at home, then have 2 road games, so that gives them until October 3rd to clean up and prepare for next home game
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I like it, how I thought a 17 game schedule should go, 8 home games, 8 away games, 1 nuetral game.

Nuetral games could/should be London, Canton, Mexico City, Rose Bowl, Lambeau, NY, LA, Dallas, etc. Would make for 17 games with total freedom to be played anywhere without anyone giving up a home game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
30 Aug 2021 12:25
I like it, how I thought a 17 game schedule should go, 8 home games, 8 away games, 1 nuetral game.

Nuetral games could/should be London, Canton, Mexico City, Rose Bowl, Lambeau, NY, LA, Dallas, etc. Would make for 17 games with total freedom to be played anywhere without anyone giving up a home game.
Nobody is buying a ticket to watch the Jaguars play the Lions at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena California. That is always going to be challenge with large venue locations on neutral sites.

I feel neutral site games need to be a lot smaller and definitely cater the stadium size based on the teams (like the Cowboys, Packers, Steelers *insert teams who had good records in prior year* can play at larger venues because they can support them, but less popular teams need to play at cool, small and unique stadiums. And do it in markets that don't have NFL football. (like Dallas, Los Angelas, New York wouldn't make sense...Green Bay could make sense because it is so unique)

I like International games. I love the Canton idea. I think Vegas, Lambeau (not after December) are good spots.

Non NFL markets like St. Louis, Oklahoma, Oregon, Hawaii, Omaha/Lincoln Nebraska, Iowa.

But overall I think selling tickets to neutral sites in the US would be tough outside of say 5 teams or so.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Aug 2021 12:48
BF004 wrote:

Nobody is buying a ticket to watch the Jaguars play the Lions at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena California. That is always going to be challenge with large venue locations on neutral sites.

I feel neutral site games need to be a lot smaller and definitely cater the stadium size based on the teams (like the Cowboys, Packers, Steelers *insert teams who had good records in prior year* can play at larger venues because they can support them, but less popular teams need to play at cool, small and unique stadiums. And do it in markets that don't have NFL football. (like Dallas, Los Angelas, New York wouldn't make sense...Green Bay could make sense because it is so unique)

I like International games. I love the Canton idea. I think Vegas, Lambeau (not after December) are good spots.

Non NFL markets like St. Louis, Oklahoma, Oregon, Hawaii, Omaha/Lincoln Nebraska, Iowa.

But overall I think selling tickets to neutral sites in the US would be tough outside of say 5 teams or so.
well the teams that have trouble drawing a crowd will scream bias and prejudice, course with profit sharing it might be on deaf ears, this is why I wanted to go to 18 games so we'd play 10 non div. games, 9 at home and 9 away. and cut the PS games down to two.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Aug 2021 14:16
go pak go wrote:
30 Aug 2021 12:48
BF004 wrote:

well the teams that have trouble drawing a crowd will scream bias and prejudice, course with profit sharing it might be on deaf ears, this is why I wanted to go to 18 games so we'd play 10 non div. games, 9 at home and 9 away. and cut the PS games down to two.
I'm pretty sure that is ultimately where the business winds are heading. It's only a matter of time.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
31 Aug 2021 10:29
Conservative medical staff doing conservative things.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
31 Aug 2021 10:18
I hope not. I've got tickets. I just moved to Mississippi.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Aug 2021 10:32
I hope not. I've got tickets. I just moved to Mississippi.
The Saints already announced they will not be at the Superdome for the first quarter of the season, so I would see about getting your money back.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

If next year is a mini-rebuild and Aaron is out, I wonder if there is any chance, if Jenkins goes out and kills it at LT, that the Packers find another team to take on Bak's contract. With guys like Bobby, MVS, Jaire, Jenkins, Gary, & Savage likely to have their hands out very soon, paying guys like Bak and Z is a really hard thing to do.

Read More. Post Less.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

NCF wrote:
31 Aug 2021 10:50
If next year is a mini-rebuild and Aaron is out, I wonder if there is any chance, if Jenkins goes out and kills it at LT, that the Packers find another team to take on Bak's contract. With guys like Bobby, MVS, Jaire, Jenkins, Gary, & Savage likely to have their hands out very soon, paying guys like Bak and Z is a really hard thing to do.
The only thing that would give me pause is that with a new QB pass protection will be super valuable.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
You brought it up, not me! But I've been thinking about this for a while. Imagine a team next year with no Rodgers, Adams, Bakh, and Z. Could very well happen.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
Probly not.
image.png
image.png (45.21 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
31 Aug 2021 11:18
Probly not.
Oof. Yeah. He looks pretty cemented in for next year, anyway.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

2 years ago
"Our team has no stars"

Today
"We should trade Aaron, Za'Darius, Bakhtiari and not resign Davante"

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Too bad these jerks won't play for free.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
31 Aug 2021 11:30
2 years ago
"Our team has no stars"

Today
"We should trade Aaron, Za'Darius, Bakhtiari and not resign Davante"
Two years ago? This is what the talk was all offseason.

Fall 2018:
"The Packers need to cut Cobb"

Summer 2021:
"The Packers need to trade for Cobb we have neglected this position for years."
Yoop wrote: