Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 Jun 2023 07:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Jun 2023 11:16
Yoop wrote:
01 Jun 2023 09:24
I think Fans get consumed with team chemistry and a old vet thats not acting all giddy like a school prom queen doesn't fit in, thing is these young players will look up to a player like Bahk no matter what he says, short of being a distracting voice against the coaching, which he would never be.
That’s actually my fear. There is such a thing as negative leadership; when you ARE a locker room leader, but you’re leading a rebellion more than the invasion...
This seems similar to the Josh Sitton situation. If memory serves, I believe his influence on the younger players was seen as a negative, too, and he was eventually shown the door.
well I havn't heard Bakhtiari complain like Sitton did, Josh in no uncertain terms said McCarthy's game plan was the reason why we lost games, and he was vocal about it, unless I missed something Bakh simply said with a new QB we are in a rebuild.

I still think we may have moved Bakh, problem is finding someone that would trade for a older vet just coming back from a long recovery on a knee with expensive contract

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 08:23
APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

That’s actually my fear. There is such a thing as negative leadership; when you ARE a locker room leader, but you’re leading a rebellion more than the invasion...
This seems similar to the Josh Sitton situation. If memory serves, I believe his influence on the younger players was seen as a negative, too, and he was eventually shown the door.
well I havn't heard Bakhtiari complain like Sitton did, Josh in no uncertain terms said McCarthy's game plan was the reason why we lost games, and he was vocal about it, unless I missed something Bakh simply said with a new QB we are in a rebuild.

I still think we may have moved Bakh, problem is finding someone that would trade for a older vet just coming back from a long recovery on a knee with expensive contract
Not much to complain about in June. Just wait and see what happens if we get off to a slow start.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2023 08:29
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Not much to complain about in June. Just wait and see what happens if we get off to a slow start.
Bakhtiari is just voicing his defense of Rodgers, as he said we didn't really know how good or bad Rodgers would be when we transitioned from Favre years ago, and that was considered by most as a rebuild situation, so whats the diff now.
no GM wants to hear that, Thompson didn't want to hear that back then either, in reality though it was, cripes a year later we fired the DC and brought in Capers and a whole different scheme, right now we've completely revamped the WR position with a basically unproven QB, so it's fair to say we are rebuilding.

heres the 2 articles from Bakh and Sitton, Sitton was a cancer, Bakhtiari comments are just stating realities

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-pac ... osh-sitton

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 08:44
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Bakhtiari is just voicing his defense of Rodgers, as he said we didn't really know how good or bad Rodgers would be when we transitioned from Favre years ago, and that was considered by most as a rebuild situation, so whats the diff now.
no GM wants to hear that, Thompson didn't want to hear that back then either, in reality though it was, cripes a year later we fired the DC and brought in Capers and a whole different scheme, right now we've completely revamped the WR position with a basically unproven QB, so it's fair to say we are rebuilding.

heres the 2 articles from Bakh and Sitton, Sitton was a cancer, Bakhtiari comments are just stating realities

Chicken legs Bakh has basically stolen money from the org the past few years. Instead of pretending he is a commentator blessing us with doses of reality, he should focus on giving the org a full year of healthy quality play where he earns his paycheck.

The only guys on the team I want to hear reality from are Jaire and a Jones. Two guys who earn thei paycheck.

This team sucked last year even with Bakhs buddy Rodgers. I know Bakh wants to take up for his buddy at every turn, but in general, this team should not be talking. They should be working and preparing to win the nfc north

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2023 08:51
Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 08:44
Drj820 wrote:

Chicken legs Bakh has basically stolen money from the org the past few years. Instead of pretending he is a commentator blessing us with doses of reality, he should focus on giving the org a full year of healthy quality play where he earns his paycheck.

The only guys on the team I want to hear reality from are Jaire and a Jones. Two guys who earn thei paycheck.

This team sucked last year even with Bakhs buddy Rodgers. I know Bakh wants to take up for his buddy at every turn, but in general, this team should not be talking. They should be working and preparing to win the nfc north
Rehab = stealing money.

Ok.

:evil:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

The Sitton release at the time was shocking. We as fans didn't know there was much, if any, riff between Sitton and the Packers until after the fact. I don't think we can say either way that Bakh is or isn't like Sitton at this point.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Okay, simple choice for "relax"-crowd: pick which of these attitudes you prefer, and which ones of these you hope our locker room embraces this season (assuming you do NOT want to tank for a draft pick, i.e. you're actually trying to win this year)....

A:
“We’ve got everything we need here. If you think we’re in a rebuild, you’ve got the wrong team, the wrong place. We know it’s going to take all 11 and we’ll have to depend on each other in all phases, but we’re hungry, we’re ready to prove a lot of people wrong. We know what people are saying. Everybody has an opinion and most of them stink.”
B:
“Nobody in this locker room thinks of it as a rebuild. This isn’t a rebuild. We are coming to win now.”
C:
(re: rebuild talk) "keep that &%$@ off my timeline!"
D:
“Could they be good? I don’t know. Could they be bad? Probably, if you’re betting, more people are going to think they’re going to be bad than good. Isn’t that fair to say?”
It's not even a question. One of those attitudes is laughably chicken'&%$@ and pathetic for a pro athlete.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

re: "the dude's just being honest and answering a question, what's the bee'eff'deeeee?"

First, I already explained why; feel free to respond if you find the "hate" (read: warranted criticism) sooo perplexing:
Here's the problem Dave, you're not a $%@# analyst or fantasy football GM. You're one of the players on the field; you and your colleagues are directly determinative of how good or bad we are.

You don't get to say: (*nasally voice*) "well ermm, based on probability, the likely outcome is, we are on our way to regression" even if that is a 100% true statement. You only get to say, "whoever we have at QB, we are going to find a way."

There is a reason your teams always fell short of expectations, even while you had an elite QB.
But actually, no, he's not just giving his refreshingly honest opinion. Someone other than myself made this point: he is saying this because he HAS to say it as Rodgers's BFF.

Rodgers is butthurt about 2020-2023 and now trying to push a narrative about how he's a victim, as we can plainly see he is doing with this recent Schneidman article.

Rodgers is drawing lines in the sand; it's Him vs. The Org, and Bakhtiari is siding with his BFF.

If there were any doubt of that, when Bakh was asked about the rebuild comments, he went straight towards talking about how it would be 'disrespectful' to a HOF QB to say otherwise.

Imagine how Rodgers would feel if he heard his bestie say or imply that GB will not miss a beat without him. This is a notoriously sensitive man who resorts to extremes like excommunicating his own family (who badly wants to reconcile things with him) over some disagreement about spiritualism. He'd --definitely-- feel slighted, maybe even cut Bakh out permanently.
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jun 2023 09:18
re: "the dude's just being honest and answering a question, what's the bee'eff'deeeee?"

First, I already explained why; feel free to respond if you find the "hate" (read: warranted criticism) sooo perplexing:
Here's the problem Dave, you're not a $%@# analyst or fantasy football GM. You're one of the players on the field; you and your colleagues are directly determinative of how good or bad we are.

You don't get to say: (*nasally voice*) "well ermm, based on probability, the likely outcome is, we are on our way to regression" even if that is a 100% true statement. You only get to say, "whoever we have at QB, we are going to find a way."

There is a reason your teams always fell short of expectations, even while you had an elite QB.
But actually, no, he's not just giving his refreshingly honest opinion. Someone other than myself made this point: he is saying this because he HAS to say it as Rodgers's BFF.

Rodgers is butthurt about 2020-2023 and now trying to push a narrative about how he's a victim, as we can plainly see he is doing with this recent Schneidman article.

Rodgers is drawing lines in the sand; it's Him vs. The Org, and Bakhtiari is siding with his BFF.

If there were any doubt of that, when Bakh was asked about the rebuild comments, he went straight towards talking about how it would be 'disrespectful' to a HOF QB to say otherwise.

Imagine how Rodgers would feel if he heard his bestie say or imply that GB will not miss a beat without him. This is a notoriously sensitive man who resorts to extremes like excommunicating his own family (who badly wants to reconcile things with him) over some disagreement about spiritualism. He'd --definitely-- feel slighted, maybe even cut Bakh out permanently.
100%

Bakhs strange crusade to prove he’s team rodgers over the packers even has him tweeting jokes of Rodgers at Jets OTAs saying “this could be us but you playing”

How is that supposed to make Love feel that his LT is openly saying “you left me now we are stuck with this guy” basically.

Green tint glasses is only thing that could prevent someone from seeing this for exactly what it is

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

The whole "rebuilding" convo is just stupid semantics.

For some, the only thing that counts as a "rebuild" happens after blowing up the house, digging up the foundations and replacing soil on the property = A complete roster teardown, full cap purge and a multi-year project often involving tanking a season or few.

For some, an extended remodeling/renovation of the house can count as a rebuild if it results in a dramatically different house. In football terms, a one- or two-year project to replace a few key core players can count as a rebuild.

---

I think there's a part of the fan base that found the team's pretty constant success of AR's tenure...well...boring. They were hoping that after AR finally left, we'd try the dramatic total tanking strategy involving going for tippy-top draft picks, firing everyone and starting from scratch. That woulda made for fun mock drafts and some fun torch-bearing, pitchfork-carrying GM-firing mobs.

Sorry (not sorry) the succession ain't happening like that.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Jun 2023 07:51
APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

This was the first thing I thought of.
I was gonna bring that up, but I figured "why complicate one divisive opinion by bringing in another potential one as a comparison," but glad other people felt that way about it

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2023 09:11
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

The Sitton release at the time was shocking. We as fans didn't know there was much, if any, riff between Sitton and the Packers until after the fact. I don't think we can say either way that Bakh is or isn't like Sitton at this point.

The first public sign of trouble between Sitton and the organization came last season after Sitton criticized the offensive game plan after the Packers lost at Arizona in Week 16. Less than two weeks later, McCarthy responded to a question about players being critical of the offense by saying, “Josh Sitton needs to play guard” instead of bellyaching about play calling.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

salmar80 wrote:
02 Jun 2023 09:32

For some, the only thing that counts as a "rebuild" happens after blowing up the house, digging up the foundations and replacing soil on the property = A complete roster teardown, full cap purge and a multi-year project often involving tanking a season or few.

For some, an extended remodeling/renovation of the house can count as a rebuild if it results in a dramatically different house. In football terms, a one- or two-year project to replace a few key core players can count as a rebuild.

---

I think there's a part of the fan base that found the team's pretty constant success of AR's tenure...well...boring. They were hoping that after AR finally left, we'd try the dramatic total tanking strategy involving going for tippy-top draft picks, firing everyone and starting from scratch. That woulda made for fun mock drafts and some fun torch-bearing, pitchfork-carrying GM-firing mobs.

No player active on any team should openly say they are in a rebuild when the coach and GM doesn’t think they are in a rebuild. What is hard to understand about this?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jun 2023 09:18

why do you continue to build something into every situation with Rodgers, his folks and his idiotic brother played there part as well with that family squabble that has sense been patched up.

it's also common for one player to bond with another and defend whatever they do, fact is this org has played hardball and been rude with players in the past, just because a player disagrees with FO doesn't make that player wrong, why shouldn't/ wouldn't Bakhtiari defend Rodgers over Love, loyalty comes at a price, Bakhtiari has zero allegiance to love, he doesn't owe him anything, I would lose respect for him if he didn't defend Rodgers over the management of this team the last 6 years.

your hate for Rodgers has no end, who gives a &%$@ what Rodgers says, he was still a better QB even last year then Loves ever shown himself to be, or ever might become.

then this

“Could they be good? I don’t know. Could they be bad? Probably, if you’re betting, more people are going to think they’re going to be bad than good. Isn’t that fair to say?”

It's not even a question. One of those attitudes is laughably chicken'&%$@ and pathetic for a pro athlete.

but it's honest ,and fair, have you seen what the media thinks our record will be this year?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2023 10:35
why do you continue to build something into every situation with Rodgers,
Gee, it's almost like Rodgers was a big part of the team for many, many years, such that his impact on this team (of which I am a fan and have every right to talk about its affairs) runs deep and continues to be felt even with him gone.

As for the rest of your post, answer contained in video (it's only a 23-second watch!):
Last edited by Labrev on 02 Jun 2023 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:
01 Jun 2023 09:24
I think Fans get consumed with team chemistry and a old vet thats not acting all giddy like a school prom queen doesn't fit in, thing is these young players will look up to a player like Bahk no matter what he says, short of being a distracting voice against the coaching, which he would never be.
Anyone know the cap ramifications of cutting bak after June 1?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Jun 2023 10:50
APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Anyone know the cap ramifications of cutting bak after June 1?

cutting him this season is 38 mil. according to sportrac if I've read this right.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-p ... ari-12390/

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2023 10:12
salmar80 wrote:

---

No player active on any team should openly say they are in a rebuild when the coach and GM doesn’t think they are in a rebuild. What is hard to understand about this?
I just think the context in which the statement was made makes it no big deal. I am all for these guys putting their noses down and staying out of the media circles, but I also realize it just doesn't work that way.
“It’s disrespectful to say you’re not rebuilding off a Hall of Fame quarterback … I’m not going to sit here and pull back those words.”

— Packers franchise left tackle David Bakhtiari

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jun 2023 10:48
Gee, it's almost like Rodgers was a big part of the team for many, many years, such that his impact on this team (of which I am a fan and have every right to talk about its affairs) runs deep and continues to be felt even with him gone.
I can't believe you dragged those family relationships into this, they started that bru haha.

whats obvious is you don't like seeing yourself in others, Rodgers has been no different then most of us including you would have been, we all think we know whats best for this team, and what it will take for the team to be better, the only difference is Rodgers actually does know just about as much as the offensive coaches we've had, like them he's not perfect though, same as us.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
02 Jun 2023 11:05
Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2023 10:12
salmar80 wrote:

---

I just think the context in which the statement was made makes it no big deal. I am all for these guys putting their noses down and staying out of the media circles, but I also realize it just doesn't work that way.
“It’s disrespectful to say you’re not rebuilding off a Hall of Fame quarterback … I’m not going to sit here and pull back those words.”

— Packers franchise left tackle David Bakhtiari
The only context I see there is there it was more important for chicken legs to publically defend rodgers than it was to build up his new QB.