Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Papa John wrote:
23 Sep 2023 23:11
I read something today that shocked me. Steve Young did not take one snap out of the shotgun in his career. Bill Walsh was all about footwork and timing, and he loved that split back formation. Even Holmgren was reluctant to run shotgun plays until he had Favre to work with. It got me thinking about what happened to that split back formation. What ultimately led to it's demise? As the game evolved, there must have been some disadvantages with running that formation. At the time it was so prolific. How did it lose so much relevance?
I don’t Favre took a shotgun snap until Mike Sherman came along.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2023 09:50
Papa John wrote:
I read something today that shocked me. Steve Young did not take one snap out of the shotgun in his career. Bill Walsh was all about footwork and timing, and he loved that split back formation. Even Holmgren was reluctant to run shotgun plays until he had Favre to work with. It got me thinking about what happened to that split back formation. What ultimately led to it's demise? As the game evolved, there must have been some disadvantages with running that formation. At the time it was so prolific. How did it lose so much relevance?
fool me once, is this another ploy to get some fool like me to go googling to find the one snap Holmy let Favre do shotgun? :rotf: gotta be at least one shotgun in that 10 year span lol.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:12
NCF wrote:
Papa John wrote:
fool me once, is this another ploy to get some fool like me to go googling to find the one snap Holmy let Favre do shotgun? :rotf: gotta be at least one shotgun in that 10 year span lol.
Actually, I will confirm from memory, that Sterling Sharpe played two snaps at QB in 1993, in Tampa, from the Shotgun. I don't think you will find one from Favre, though.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:
Papa John wrote:
I win.

;)

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2023 11:17
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

I win.

;)

yes you did :beer2:

I like the part where Favre said he wanted to run it cause it looked cool :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I wonder who is winning here’s Johnny. Indy style

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

:lol:

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The receiving title battle this year between Tyreek Hill and Justin Jefferson is gonna be lit
image.png
image.png (18.35 KiB) Viewed 829 times
image.png
image.png (18 KiB) Viewed 829 times

And then there's Puka Nacua! haha

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Sep 2023 19:13
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The receiving title battle this year between Tyreek Hill and Justin Jefferson is gonna be lit

image.png
image.png

And then there's Puka Nacua! haha
Keenan Allen’s stat line today:

Targeted - 20
Receptions - 18
Yards - 215

Pass Attempts - 1
Completions - 1
Yards - 49
Touchdowns - 1

I believe he’s up among the season yardage leaders, too.

And to think I traded him for Jahmyr Gibbs this week in a league I’m WR heavy needing RB help.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I can only imagine what Denver is gonna be like now, after giving up 70.

Payton is calling out his QB1, even before today. It’s gotta be really, really bad.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This has been driving me crazy all year and I finally figured out who Zach Wilson looks like.

Did anyone watch Gotham? He looks like the girl that played young catwoman in Gotham
image.png
image.png (298.24 KiB) Viewed 788 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Broncos - Bears next week pits two teams coming off of losses this week that totaled 111 - 30

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Bears sent Fields back out with a possible head injury down 30+ at the end of the game. Guess the coach didn’t appreciate his comments to the press?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Davante ain't got time for losing...

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
25 Sep 2023 06:32
Well, he's gotta schedule some losing time, since he decided to screw the Packers last season, and he was an utter fool to do that.

Can you imagine this Packers team with Adams and getting Watson back soon?

Now Davante's stuck with Garoppolo. The top WR for a more INTs than TDs QB. Lovely.

And his bestie friend Carr just got sacked outta the picture, by the Packers, while playing for another team...

The only way it could get worse is if he had been traded to da Bears, who still suck.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Sep 2023 22:46
Broncos - Bears next week pits two teams coming off of losses this week that totaled 111 - 30
Bronocs lost by 50 points and are favored by about 3 points next week (versus the Bears :rotf: )

Dolphins won by 50 points and are about 3-point underdogs next week (versus the Bills)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
25 Sep 2023 06:32
I could re-listen and double check, but it sounded like Adams was pretty directly calling out the coaching for not getting the team prepared to play on the same page and doing things "the right way."

He is not a happy man.

And I do love the guy and like seeing him succeed, but yeah, basically refusing to negotiate with Green Bay before free agency because you were so insulted by their offer the year prior and leaving even when they were willing to give you pretty much the same deal financially does make this a little less sympathetic. A little cumppence/"grass ain't so green over there, huh?" kinda deal

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is wild

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

to many of our players demanded to be the highest paid players at there position in the league, for some reason those players cared more about the money then keeping the team together, normal I guess these days, being a multi millionaire isn't enough, it's the status of being #1, it's went from being a team guy to being a me guy