Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So he didn't show up for workouts. Anyone else think he is a hypocrite lecturing people about "unity" when he can't get along with the employer who has paid him, what, $250 million?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
24 May 2021 12:02
So he didn't show up for workouts. Anyone else think he is a hypocrite lecturing people about "unity" when he can't get along with the employer who has paid him, what, $250 million?
Yes
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
I mean, I don't think it's news that he's not at OTAs... other reporters have literally mentioned that Jordan was "the only guy in the room," though I know they just entered some new phase. But no one expected him there for anything voluntary, right?

What are these unity lectures?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
players understand why Rodgers is pissed off, if you where a player you would to, but your not and like most fans don't give a hoot, all we care about is winning, in that sense you should be begging Rodgers to come back just as Lafluer his coach is, cause with out Rodgers winning will be much harder.

and he's not the only QB to pocket 250 mil. FFS Cousins just got a 4 year contract will all the money guaranteed.

plus Rodgers is just as united to other players aqs anyone else on the team.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
24 May 2021 10:52
paco wrote:
24 May 2021 10:20
Aaron can play the guitar
Am I crazy or is he playing both right and left handed?
It's due to the phone's front vs. rear camera settings. Look at the guitar's cutaway; if he was playing both ways, the cutout would be on the "wrong" side half the time.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Sounds like other players are skipping OTA's too.

Anyone know why this is? I would think it would be beneficial for these players to practice together right? And yet literally every veteran complains about them. I don't understand why they hate OTA's so much. They must feel they can train better on their own I guess.

I think the first shoe to drop will be the mandatory mini-camp for the Rodgers story.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
24 May 2021 13:28
Sounds like other players are skipping OTA's too.

Anyone know why this is? I would think it would be beneficial for these players to practice together right? And yet literally every veteran complains about them. I don't understand why they hate OTA's so much. They must feel they can train better on their own I guess.

I think the first shoe to drop will be the mandatory mini-camp for the Rodgers story.
The NFLPA encouraged players to boycott voluntary offseason programs and some full teams wrote letters saying they would do as such; but most who have started indicated high attendance. The James injury in Denver happening away from the team facilities and thus voiding his guarantees was a wake-up call to many that the risk isn't worth sending a message. The boycott, I think, is to complain about the 17-week season change, but I actually haven't really followed it.

There is a sense that veteran players don't like OTAs because it gives younger players more of an opportunity to develop more quickly and force older players out of the league and off of rosters. This was the same mentality that caused veteran minimum contracts to be counted less against the salary cap than they are actually paid, in order to level the playing field for cheap roster spots in a hard-capped world.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

for the vets, OTAs are football 101. And after a few years of it, they'd rather be with their families & friends vs what gets accomplished at those sessions. Maybe there should be (2) offseason schedules - one for the guys in year 1-3 (plus any new FAs) and then another schedule for the guys with 4+ years.
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It's just getting really hard for me to support these players and all their demands.

Like I'm all for labor rights but good lord.

True. The NFL players in the 1940's didn't have the mini camps.and OTA's like they do now (which the off season has already been pulled back ridiculously) but those guys also were paid like part-time EE's.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
24 May 2021 14:22
for the vets, OTAs are football 101. And after a few years of it, they'd rather be with their families & friends vs what gets accomplished at those sessions. Maybe there should be (2) offseason schedules - one for the guys in year 1-3 (plus any new FAs) and then another schedule for the guys with 4+ years.
I mean there is. The vets get a lot of days off on these offseason training programs by the coaches. But it's also nice to have the vets around at least somewhat to start team building and chemistry building.

I don't understand how these guys can gel as a unit only with the limited practice time during August.

Is it so much to ask these players and their families to actually live where they work like every other human being basically has to do? (well before and hopefully after Covid at least)

Like i am temporarily working remote still for my Minneapolis firm in Cincy and honestly I can see the struggles I am going to have as we start opening up here and I am still on an island fully remote.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

OTA's are when new plays are installed, that way players have video of the walk throughs with these installs and can visualize and work on them and be more prepared when training camp starts, missing the installs puts a player behind, true they are more important for younger players and UFA, but all players would benefit and help the team if present.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Well today is just another indicator that the Rodgers saga is still in “toss up” territory. All outcomes are all viable.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
24 May 2021 18:34
Well today is just another indicator that the Rodgers saga is still in “toss up” territory. All outcomes are all viable.
Just wait until tonight. Still have a national tv appearance with a sportswriting comedian reporter

The limits of "anything is possible" vaguery has yet to be observed

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 May 2021 19:00
Drj820 wrote:
24 May 2021 18:34
Just wait until tonight. Still have a national tv appearance with a sportswriting comedian reporter

The limits of "anything is possible" vaguery has yet to be observed
I think we get absolutely nothing tonight.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 May 2021 20:13
Oh I think we get absolutely toyed with tonight.

Like I think he's not going to talk about it and Kenny Mayne is gonna comedically skirt around it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 May 2021 20:31
lupedafiasco wrote:

Like I think he's not going to talk about it and Kenny Mayne is gonna comedically skirt around it.
He’s just gonna announce that he’s married now
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
24 May 2021 20:33
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 May 2021 20:31
lupedafiasco wrote:

...to Erin Andrews.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
24 May 2021 20:41
Drj820 wrote:

...to Erin Andrews.
...or to Miles Teller

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 May 2021 20:51
APB wrote:
24 May 2021 20:41
Drj820 wrote:

...to Erin Andrews.
...or to Miles Teller
That’d be a lot of douchiness for one relationship.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Who's waiting up to watch a taped interview with Rodgers that will reveal nothing? Yep, me neither. Night.
RIP JustJeff