Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jun 2022 12:04
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jun 2022 11:52
@go pak go NFC team paired with an AFC team. Play in small college stadiums or even large HS stadiums. I think it would be pretty cool.
Exactly. Any team the Packers, Vikings, Bears are affiliated with will crush it. If you partner an NFC North Team with an AFC South team (or Miami)...you will get the Wisconsin/Minnesota snowbirds in the South for your March games and then Wisconsin/Minnesota fans in the north in your nicer April games.

There are markets that it just won't work. Your California teams won't go because they hardly go to regular season games. There is too much going on in big markets. But your midwest teams would eat it up and the cost of playing there is a lot cheaper.

Like if the Vikings/Jaguars played the Packers/Dolphins in a South Dakota stadium (we have high school stadiums and two large college stadiums with one being a dome)...I guarantee you it would be a sell out. Again, keep the stadiums small but half the league would be really successful. I guarantee a game in some Wisconsin town would be sold out too as long as the day is nice.

Now a Lions/Texans team maybe wouldn't be as successful, but I still think if you have two games in a small stadium in a state once a year....your die-hards will show up.
:aok:

I'd definitely watch the Dolphin Meat Packers vs JAG Vikings. And Chicago could team up with Washington, and Detroit with Cincy for Bear Skins vs Big Kittens.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
@go pak go NFC team paired with an AFC team. Play in small college stadiums or even large HS stadiums. I think it would be pretty cool.
Exactly. Any team the Packers, Vikings, Bears are affiliated with will crush it. If you partner an NFC North Team with an AFC South team (or Miami)...you will get the Wisconsin/Minnesota snowbirds in the South for your March games and then Wisconsin/Minnesota fans in the north in your nicer April games.

There are markets that it just won't work. Your California teams won't go because they hardly go to regular season games. There is too much going on in big markets. But your midwest teams would eat it up and the cost of playing there is a lot cheaper.

Like if the Vikings/Jaguars played the Packers/Dolphins in a South Dakota stadium (we have high school stadiums and two large college stadiums with one being a dome)...I guarantee you it would be a sell out. Again, keep the stadiums small but half the league would be really successful. I guarantee a game in some Wisconsin town would be sold out too as long as the day is nice.

Now a Lions/Texans team maybe wouldn't be as successful, but I still think if you have two games in a small stadium in a state once a year....your die-hards will show up.
Maybe not even have a home stadium. Play a game in every contiguous state. 8 games a week. 48 states. 6 weeks. Every team plays in every state every 8 years. Lease a stadium in each state.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jun 2022 12:43
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Maybe not even have a home stadium. Play a game in every contiguous state. 8 games a week. 48 states. 6 weeks. Every team plays in every state every 8 years. Lease a stadium in each state.
I think you need to have thought in where you place games though. Packers games, well the Packers a bad example because they would sell out anywhere....but Vikings games will do A LOT better in Sioux Falls or Mankato than it would in Kentucky. An LA Rams/Vegas Raiders team would do poorly in Wisconsin because nobody cares about the Rams/Raiders in WI.

But traveling the games to different stadiums in a "fan region"...I absolutely love that. Like have Mankato, Fargo, Sioux Falls, De Moines host a Vikings game. Witchita, Omaha, etc. host a Chiefs game. Cheyenne and Ogden Utah host a Broncos game. Packers play in LaCross, Madison, Eau Claire, Dubuqe. And yes get creative with the stadiums. The only thing you really need to consider is artificial turf and indoors if it's too miserable outside.

I have always wanted this type of model. Bring cheap NFL football to the fans. I think there would be good demand for families to go to a game where traffic isn't terrible, tickets are cheap and kids have a great chance at getting autographs.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NFL revenue was about $15 billion in 2019 (~$18 billion in 2021?) so unless their net is terrible, they should be able to easily cover a D-league - or you know, maybe new stadiums so taxpayers don't have to foot the bill...
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jun 2022 12:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jun 2022 12:43
go pak go wrote:

I think you need to have thought in where you place games though. Packers games, well the Packers a bad example because they would sell out anywhere....but Vikings games will do A LOT better in Sioux Falls or Mankato than it would in Kentucky. An LA Rams/Vegas Raiders team would do poorly in Wisconsin because nobody cares about the Rams/Raiders in WI.

But traveling the games to different stadiums in a "fan region"...I absolutely love that. Like have Mankato, Fargo, Sioux Falls, De Moines host a Vikings game. Witchita, Omaha, etc. host a Chiefs game. Cheyenne and Ogden Utah host a Broncos game. Packers play in LaCross, Madison, Eau Claire, Dubuqe. And yes get creative with the stadiums. The only thing you really need to consider is artificial turf and indoors if it's too miserable outside.

I have always wanted this type of model. Bring cheap NFL football to the fans. I think there would be good demand for families to go to a game where traffic isn't terrible, tickets are cheap and kids have a great chance at getting autographs.
I think that there are more "out of state" fans than you might think. If they get a chance to go watch their team on the cheap every 8 years without having to fly or even drive a long distance, I think those smaller stadiums would fill up. Also consider that it is 4 fanbases each game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

does it matter where these young wannabe's play, and why is it exactly that americans watch them play, lets face it we don't even watch our own PS games, let Europeans watch em, seriously why should we have to give Europe our prime talent, I hate that we are playing league games over there, sorry Sal, but adding another game shouldn't necessitate that it's played across the pond.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jun 2022 17:02
does it matter where these young wannabe's play, and why is it exactly that americans watch them play, lets face it we don't even watch our own PS games, let Europeans watch em, seriously why should we have to give Europe our prime talent, I hate that we are playing league games over there, sorry Sal, but adding another game shouldn't necessitate that it's played across the pond.
Europe has nothing to do with the development league conversation.

NFL Europe league hasn't been in existence for 15 years.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jun 2022 18:09
Yoop wrote:
28 Jun 2022 17:02
Europe has nothing to do with the development league conversation.

NFL Europe league hasn't been in existence for 15 years.
Add to it, Europeans by and large couldn't care less about American football. There would be a much larger market in the US. If the NFL did it right it could be fairly profitable. Hell, they could even do 12 teams where each NFL team is responsible for supplying 20 players and 3 NFL teams are assigned to each club.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I can assure you guys that if this idea was something that could make the owners money and help them develop players that could help them win Super Bowls...this league would already exists.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
28 Jun 2022 13:02
NFL revenue was about $15 billion in 2019 (~$18 billion in 2021?) so unless their net is terrible, they should be able to easily cover a D-league - or you know, maybe new stadiums so taxpayers don't have to foot the bill...
Why would they pay for it when they dont have to?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Rams, Steelers, and Panthers found out that a developmental league did help them develop a player and win a Super Bowl. The NFL believed, incorrectly, that overseas influence was more profitable in the long run than developing something in the states. They got a minor following in Germany, mainly due to a plethora of bases there and the connection that the 2 countries had in the 90s. It would not be particularly hard to make a developmental league profitable in the states, but it would require effort and capital up front. I don't think the owners are even remotely interested in that with how popular the league is. If that ever dips, that might change.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Jun 2022 18:42
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Exactly, although I can see a time coming when public sentiment turns against them
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
28 Jun 2022 19:15
lupedafiasco wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Exactly, although I can see a time coming when public sentiment turns against them
I was so disappointed in the city of Buffalo. They let emotion play their decision. Cincinnati will be next. Great timing for the lease to expire as the Bengals are just starting to get good.

Don't get me wrong. I love that the stadiums are beautiful, but the amount of public dollars for these things is insane.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
28 Jun 2022 19:15
lupedafiasco wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
They don’t care. It’s why everywhere Goodell gets in front of a crowd he’s boo’d to the point where it’s a meme.

He makes them money despite being awful for the game on the field.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Let's do it... :twisted:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-seaso ... -be-reache
Will the Packers unseat the Bears as the NFL's all-time winningest team?

The Bears and Packers comprise the NFL's oldest rivalry, and the Packers have a chance to finally unseat the Bears as the NFL's winningest team in 2022. The Bears franchise has concluded each of the first 102 seasons of NFL football as the all-time leader in regular-season wins by any team. The 1920 Decatur Staleys won a league-best 10 games, relocated to Chicago for a championship-winning season in 1921, then were renamed the Bears in 1922.

Seventy years later, Chicago entered the 1992 season with 85 more wins (561) than the Packers and Giants (tied for second with 476 wins each). However, 30 seasons of Hall of Fame quarterback play have allowed the Packers (782) to close the gap on the Bears (783) to one win entering the 2022 season.

With a win (at Vikings) and Bears loss (vs. 49ers) in Week 1, the Packers could tie their division rivals and add a compelling subplot to the Week 2 Sunday Night Football Bears at Packers matchup.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
09 Jul 2022 05:03
Let's do it... :twisted:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-seaso ... -be-reache
Will the Packers unseat the Bears as the NFL's all-time winningest team?

The Bears and Packers comprise the NFL's oldest rivalry, and the Packers have a chance to finally unseat the Bears as the NFL's winningest team in 2022. The Bears franchise has concluded each of the first 102 seasons of NFL football as the all-time leader in regular-season wins by any team. The 1920 Decatur Staleys won a league-best 10 games, relocated to Chicago for a championship-winning season in 1921, then were renamed the Bears in 1922.

Seventy years later, Chicago entered the 1992 season with 85 more wins (561) than the Packers and Giants (tied for second with 476 wins each). However, 30 seasons of Hall of Fame quarterback play have allowed the Packers (782) to close the gap on the Bears (783) to one win entering the 2022 season.

With a win (at Vikings) and Bears loss (vs. 49ers) in Week 1, the Packers could tie their division rivals and add a compelling subplot to the Week 2 Sunday Night Football Bears at Packers matchup.
This is tremendous. Another story to hear and read about. I plan to attend the Week 2 game.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

:kaboom:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

How’s that new job at Madden treating you, [mention]TheSkeptic[/mention] :lol:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jul 2022 22:24
How’s that new job at Madden treating you, @TheSkeptic :lol:

What in the $%@# is this? I like Tonyan but come on. And the. The real travesty. Kittle at 10? Behind some of these absolute bums?