Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Acrobat wrote:
20 Jul 2022 11:22
Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2022 10:43
Acrobat wrote:
20 Jul 2022 09:29

2011 Rodgers was by far the best QB play I've ever seen in my life. Rodgers was completely dialed in. Also, the best WR core I've ever seen too. It's a shame what happened to Nick Collins. We wouldn't have been in top 5 defensive territory because there were several other issues, but I think we would have won the Super Bowl that year if he had stayed healthy.
It wasn't just Collins or the defenses, we couldn't over come cover two coverage, we didn't have a running attack,so pass rushers didn't have to worry about us running, no short up tempo schemes, Rodgers had to sit and wait for the deep routes to open, which they rarely did, and the Giants pass rush was to good, he had to scramble or take the sack, we had a one dimensional offense.
Right, but you could argue that 2 of the Giants' TD's may not have happened if we had one of the best safeties in Packers history back there. Could have completely changed the course of that game and not forced the Packers to be so one dimensional in the 2nd half.
The Packers put 38 on that same defense in their house a few weeks prior. They were easily capable of overcoming the Giants defense, they just didn't execute worth a damn.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jul 2022 11:18
Quay snubbed

Maybe could make a dedicated Madden ratings thread?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
20 Jul 2022 11:36
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

It wasn't just Collins or the defenses, we couldn't over come cover two coverage, we didn't have a running attack,so pass rushers didn't have to worry about us running, no short up tempo schemes, Rodgers had to sit and wait for the deep routes to open, which they rarely did, and the Giants pass rush was to good, he had to scramble or take the sack, we had a one dimensional offense.
Right, but you could argue that 2 of the Giants' TD's may not have happened if we had one of the best safeties in Packers history back there. Could have completely changed the course of that game and not forced the Packers to be so one dimensional in the 2nd half.
The Packers put 38 on that same defense in their house a few weeks prior. They were easily capable of overcoming the Giants defense, they just didn't execute worth a damn.
Yeah. The whole "cover 2 and they got our number" argument is overblown. The plays were there.

Our offense fumbled the ball twice? And the Giants scored on a hail mary prayer before half. That is your game right there.

We just have a really good way of losing in really bizarre fashion in January.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2022 11:47
Our offense fumbled the ball twice?
Three lost fumbles. Rodgers, Kuhn, and Grant. That doesn't even consider the fact that Randall Cobb fumbled the opening kickoff and the Giants recovered. That one was correctly overturned with Cobb's knee just touching down before the ball popped out, but talk about foreshadowing things to come.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2022 11:47
NCF wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Yeah. The whole "cover 2 and they got our number" argument is overblown. The plays were there.

Our offense fumbled the ball twice? And the Giants scored on a hail mary prayer before half. That is your game right there.

We just have a really good way of losing in really bizarre fashion in January.
Three fumbles and I wanna say like 8 drops or something. Our strength was our receiving group and they had an off-day.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Sorry to open this can of worms, but this is one of the reasons I am opposed to replicating the 2011 model or otherwise putting heavy resources into WR, perhaps the single strongest argument against it.... the weather conditions in January at Lambeau -- and for that matter, most other stadiums during the playoffs -- are decidedly NOT conducive for a pass-oriented offense. Especially with Rodgers now pushing 40.

People kvetch about Rodgers being held back by WR options (despite an enviable number of pro-bowl receivers during his career); *I* would find it 10,000% more believable that Rodgers would have been more successful playing for a team with inferior WRs but also warm weather at home in the playoffs.
—Magneto

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Labrev wrote:
20 Jul 2022 13:28
Sorry to open this can of worms, but this is one of the reasons I am opposed to replicating the 2011 model or otherwise putting heavy resources into WR, perhaps the single strongest argument against it.... the weather conditions in January at Lambeau -- and for that matter, most other stadiums during the playoffs -- are decidedly NOT conducive for a pass-oriented offense. Especially with Rodgers now pushing 40.

People kvetch about Rodgers being held back by WR options (despite an enviable number of pro-bowl receivers during his career); *I* would find it 10,000% more believable that Rodgers would have been more successful playing for a team with inferior WRs but also warm weather at home in the playoffs.
You are no doubt right. We are a regular season stat stuffer with Rodgers. The two Aaron's are not built for the cold. Dillon could help but Lambeau field has been pretty pedestrian for opponents in the playoffs. Dare I say we would have benefited from a dome in the Diva era. One chance left. Fingers crossed.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

what went wrong with KC a month earlier? as I remember same thing I just described that happened against NY, we couldn't run, we had no short game and KC took away the deep pass, and Rodgers rarely had time to extend plays, sure some other stuff went wrong, such as a drop, a fumble, or another particular, that was a cinderela offense, take away the deep pass ( which was hard to do ) and there wasn't much else.

The Giants dominated us, took a que from KC, brought heat and played solid coverage, and held us to 20 points, heres some thing that supports my opinion.
bleacher report wouldn't allow the link, so I brought the article.

The New York Giants just assured that the 2011 Green Bay Packers will occupy the annals of history as one of the NFL's most overrated teams.

The Giants dismantled the Packers in every phase of the game as they invaded Lambeau Field and left triumphantly with a 37-20 victory.

New York's hard-nosed and vastly improved defense never allowed Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense to get on track.

The Giants applied ample pressure on Rodgers throughout the game and finished with four sacks. When they didn't apply pressure, they did a solid job of hanging with their man in coverage.

Green Bay also did not do themselves any favors, as any hope their prolific passing attack had of resembling the unit that spent the regular season destroying defenses was doomed by multiple dropped passes.

And all of that proved to be enough disruption to cripple this one-dimensional Packers team. For all the hype and air of invincibility surrounding this Green Bay squad, they were fatally flawed.

Green Bay's Fatal Flaws

✨ Watch more top videos, highlights, and B/R original content
The offense relied almost solely on the passing game, yet they weren't all that great at protecting the passer. They finished the season ranked 22nd in sacks allowed percentage. That is an ominous sign for a team that employs very little running game.

Combine this with the fact that they were horrible on defense, and you have the makings of a team that was doomed for postseason failure.

Green Bay finished 32nd in overall defense, and they were at, or near, the bottom in most defensive statistical categories. The one they excelled in was creating turnovers—second in the NFL in this regard.

While that is all well and good in the regular season, defenses can't slide by in the postseason on turnovers alone. The competition is too good.

Ultimately, this team entered the postseason as heavy favorites, and they were ousted after one game. They should have never been favorites in the first place. It takes way more balance than the Packers possessed to win in the postseason.
Last edited by Yoop on 20 Jul 2022 18:39, edited 2 times in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
20 Jul 2022 09:29

2011 Rodgers was by far the best QB play I've ever seen in my life. Rodgers was completely dialed in. Also, the best WR core I've ever seen too. It's a shame what happened to Nick Collins. We wouldn't have been in top 5 defensive territory because there were several other issues, but I think we would have won the Super Bowl that year if he had stayed healthy.
we had the 32nd ranked defense in the league, even the all pro Nick Collins couldn't fix that.

We won 15 games on the strength of our deep strike passing attack, I don't know what the ranking of ST's was that year ( probably at best average) the defense sucked and we didn't run the ball, our team was considered over rated and 1 dimensional.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:

BS, name the PB receivers Rodgers has had since 2015, they don't count if there injured or havn't been selected in 3 years, I count 1, D Adams, and he's gone, ya draft WR's cause they help win games

and we didn't draft these receivers to run 9 routes, imo this is not a spread vertical offense any more, we do far more intermediate and up tempo schemes now, people that think the run is going to magically become the dominate scheme only need to look how well we ran against SF, what do ya do the next time the OL is ailing, Passing still out weighs the run in most offenses simply because it's the easiest way to move the chains and score points

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2022 17:34
they don't count if (...) havn't been selected in 3 years
Why? Because it would make you look silly? :lol:

I said "during his career." That was the claim. Prove it wrong.
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Labrev wrote:
20 Jul 2022 17:50
Yoop wrote:

Here we go AGAIN..... :nono: :thwap:
Attachments
image.png
image.png (327.53 KiB) Viewed 316 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

he's had Adams from 014 on, a depleted Nelson for a couple and a shadow of himself Cobb, and a bunch of #3 and 4's

whats silly is comparing the WR room of pre 2015 to what Rodgers has had to work with sense then, tunnel vision ends up the result when the gap between #1 and the rest is so wide, it's a natural reaction to throw to those you trust, Adams, Jones and Lazard, we've lacked quality receivers for years.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
20 Jul 2022 17:59
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Here we go AGAIN..... :nono: :thwap:
who are you shaking a finger at?

this is whats called disagreeing in a civil manor, his claim was nothing but a half truth, or whats called invalid information, meant to cast a poor decision by our GM to draft 3 receivers.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2022 18:53
whats silly is comparing the WR room of pre 2015 to what Rodgers has had to work with sense then, tunnel vision ends up the result when the gap between #1 and the rest is so wide, it's a natural reaction to throw to those you trust, Adams, Jones and Lazard, we've lacked quality receivers for years.
Okay, but my post had nothing to do with comparing pre- and post-2015.

If you insist to make it about that, sure, I can agree his pre-2015 WRs were better. His success has been about the same, though, 2 MVPs per each period, so... :idn:
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Labrev wrote:
20 Jul 2022 19:20
Yoop wrote:

If you insist to make it about that, sure, I can agree his pre-2015 WRs were better. His success has been about the same, though, 2 MVPs per each period, so... :idn:
Yoop is cherry picking seasons. The fact is that Rodgers had Jennings, Jones, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, Finley and Tonyan. All these were (and some still are) very very good receivers. He has also had very very good RB's and very very good Olinemen. I don't give a damn about MVP or all pro honors, those are popularity contests not directly related to winning super bowls (or at least getting to a SB). The only thing that matters is SB appearances and wins. And the only reason we have not had 3 or 4 such seasons is Rodgers himself, not WR's, not the D. Rodgers is the greatest regular season QB of all time but a below average QB when it matters.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:

I honestly LOVE the current model.

Load up on defense and ask your offense to get to 20. Honestly that is a winning recipe. It's just that our offense failed at that last year. But more often than not... It's a winning recipe.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jul 2022 07:56
Labrev wrote:

I honestly LOVE the current model.

Load up on defense and ask your offense to get to 20. Honestly that is a winning recipe. It's just that our offense failed at that last year. But more often than not... It's a winning recipe.
no it is not, or every team in the league would do it if they could, just look how hard it is to keep a top 7 defense together over 3 years, if ya dump all resources it takes to do so the rest of the team suffers, you can't replace the UFA losses with just the draft, so you have to do as the Rams have done and buy players with high draft picks, I give them 2 more years before the wheels fall off.

the easiest way to win is to have a very good QB, and a stable of receivers, and a better defense then we've had up till the last couple years, if your defense resembles ours from 2011 till 2020 obviously your offenses will often be in shoot out games.

last years SF loss should make this obvious to all, we had a great defense and lost because we ran out of skill position players, go ahead and blame it on one missed pass to Lazard, Lewis fumble or any other issue ( sucky ST's) that tend to happen in every game, ya overcome short comings like that when ya have more then just a couple good receivers, specially when one of em is your RB.

expecting perfection from less players to win isn't consistent because players are human and are not perfect all the time, specially when the competition elevates during PO games, having another top skill position player makes it easier for others to be single covered.

Ted new this, every other year till Adams he used a 2nd round pick on a WR, then after Adams dementia set in and he lost track of his normality's.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
21 Jul 2022 07:52
Labrev wrote:
20 Jul 2022 19:20
Yoop wrote:

Yoop is cherry picking seasons. The fact is that Rodgers had Jennings, Jones, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, Finley and Tonyan. All these were (and some still are) very very good receivers. He has also had very very good RB's and very very good Olinemen. I don't give a damn about MVP or all pro honors, those are popularity contests not directly related to winning super bowls (or at least getting to a SB). The only thing that matters is SB appearances and wins. And the only reason we have not had 3 or 4 such seasons is Rodgers himself, not WR's, not the D. Rodgers is the greatest regular season QB of all time but a below average QB when it matters.
name every receiver we've had since 2013 that ranked top 30? we've had Adams and one season of Tonyan, maybe onewith MVS ( doubtful actually) and top 30 is gracious, probably top 40.

If SP and PO wins are all that matter then ya need more then just ONE or TWO, Rodgers has done his part, he's played well enough for us to win in every PO game, I hold our GM responsible for most of the chaotic PO losses, it takes talent to win those games, not a bunch of jag receivers

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
21 Jul 2022 09:04
name every receiver we've had since 2013 that ranked top 30? we've had Adams and one season of Tonyan, maybe onewith MVS ( doubtful actually) and top 30 is gracious, probably top 40.
Nelson, Cobb, Jones, & Adams. 2013-2016 were still pretty good. 2017-Present, not so much.

Read More. Post Less.