Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Oct 2023 21:22
I hope Jordan evolves into a Justin Herbert clone. I really like Herbert's poise. Both wear #10.
I would have missed big time on Herbert. I would have avoided him like the plague because in college he just dunked and dunked a bunch of one read plays. Then he comes to the NFL and just slings it all over with confidence.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
16 Oct 2023 06:42
I do for the simple reason that Watson most likely scores minus that tackle.
The NFL would open Pandora's box by awarding a touchdown on plays like that. I hope they never even think about it.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Oct 2023 22:08
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Oct 2023 21:22
I hope Jordan evolves into a Justin Herbert clone. I really like Herbert's poise. Both wear #10.
I would have missed big time on Herbert. I would have avoided him like the plague because in college he just dunked and dunked a bunch of one read plays. Then he comes to the NFL and just slings it all over with confidence.
Just like with Jordan Love, if the offensive line gives Justin Herbert time to go through his checkdowns he is good enough to consistently score enough points on offense to win games. And both Love and Herbert can run the ball if necessary. Jordan still needs to learn to throw the ball away when necessary. I'm very much enjoying watching Love evolve, even with his subpar coaching and offensive line.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

CWIMM wrote:
17 Oct 2023 04:39
Yoop wrote:
The NFL would open Pandora's box by awarding a touchdown on plays like that. I hope they never even think about it.
There are no sure TD's, just ask Don Bebe, they guy who would never quit and made sure the easy score didn't happen. Turf monsters rise up and trip you. The ball falls out because sometimes it just does. Other guys hustle more than you do and all sorts of things. Should be and are, are 2 different things. Want a TD, cross the goal line.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Oct 2023 06:26
Just like with Jordan Love, if the offensive line gives Justin Herbert time to go through his checkdowns he is good enough to consistently score enough points on offense to win games. And both Love and Herbert can run the ball if necessary. Jordan still needs to learn to throw the ball away when necessary. I'm very much enjoying watching Love evolve, even with his subpar coaching and offensive line.
Herbert puts up significantly better numbers than Love when kept clean this season though.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

CWIMM wrote:
17 Oct 2023 04:39
Yoop wrote:
there thinking of making hip grab and drop tackles illegal now, flag ball is right around the corner :cry:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-could- ... 41627.html

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

CWIMM wrote:
18 Oct 2023 04:44
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Oct 2023 06:26
Herbert puts up significantly better numbers than Love when kept clean this season though.
Patience is a virtue. Give Jordan Love and his receivers some time and he'll be there.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Yoop wrote:
18 Oct 2023 06:49

there thinking of making hip grab and drop tackles illegal now, flag ball is right around the corner :cry:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-could- ... 41627.html
This should be interesting LOL. What if they dive for them? Can only swat at ankles if pursuing from behind? Have to catch up, run past them and come from the front? Can put your hands on their hips, but only if you continue to run down the sidelines with them as to not impede their progress and if you slow and lose your feet, you must let go before any pressure is put on the ball carrier?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jets trading Mecole Hardman back to KC.

Looks like he couldn't beat out the pond stooges. :mrgreen:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
18 Oct 2023 19:17
Jets trading Mecole Hardman back to KC.

Looks like he couldn't beat out the pond stooges. :mrgreen:
MVS is filling the role Hardman vacated. I guess this now makes MVS expendable.

I want the Packers to bring him back just to see some of the conniption fits some members here have...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Davante Adams isn't happy. He's been targeted 9 times combined the past two games.
"I'm sure people are thinking, 'They won the game, why is there an issue?' ... Y'all should know who I am, know what I'm about at this point ... when you're a player like me, mentally, my benchmark is not wins and losses -- it's greatness. So when I go out there, I expect to be able to have that ability to put that on tape and have an influence on the game. That's my purpose for being here. I'm not here just to hang out."

I'm not sure that's a good look for him but $%@# it...bring him and MVS back.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
18 Oct 2023 21:34
Davante Adams isn't happy. He's been targeted 9 times combined the past two games.
"I'm sure people are thinking, 'They won the game, why is there an issue?' ... Y'all should know who I am, know what I'm about at this point ... when you're a player like me, mentally, my benchmark is not wins and losses -- it's greatness. So when I go out there, I expect to be able to have that ability to put that on tape and have an influence on the game. That's my purpose for being here. I'm not here just to hang out."

I'm not sure that's a good look for him but $%@# it...bring him and MVS back.
Right on bro. Bring it to Lambeau bro. We could use your help.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I like my receivers to be about wins :aok:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2023 21:47
Say Davante gets traded to Packers tomorrow. You disappointed?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
18 Oct 2023 21:55
Drj820 wrote:
It’s a good question.

I think in the end it would not be good for the packers

1) Adams demands the ball so much it would stunt the growth of our young corps

2) he does need to be about winning here, not his touches. Demanding the ball from Love would stunt development

3) he’s still expensive

4) I don’t believe we are contenders over next year or two, might as well develop young talent or spend our time seeing who can play or not.

So I’m not MAD if he comes back. I mean he’s one of my favorite players ever. But he left us and now the grass isn’t greener, and we kinda got our own things going on.

If I was asked to choose, I would not make an effort to bring him back

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2023 22:03
APB wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
It’s a good question.

2) he does need to be about winning here, not his touches. Demanding the ball from Love would stunt development

3) he’s still expensive

4) I don’t believe we are contenders over next year or two, might as well develop young talent or spend our time seeing who can play or not.

So I’m not MAD if he comes back. I mean he’s one of my favorite players ever. But he left us and now the grass isn’t greener, and we kinda got our own things going on.

I'm on my phone so this will be more brief than it deserves. Don't take my brevity as insulting. Getting to the point.

1) having DA in the receiver room would have an exponentially more positive effect than any on-field stunting. Right now, that room has no leader. DA automatically becomes the alpha mentor of not only the room but the entire offense.

2) again, the stunted development. You're over-playing that. And don't think for a moment DA isn't about winning. The ball in his hands contributes greatly to that end.

3) our cap woes end in 2023

4) we can still do that AND potentially contend. Win/Win.

The fact you're even hesitant is dumbfounding. The fact your final answer is a NO is just...no words.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
18 Oct 2023 22:15
Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2023 22:03
APB wrote:

It’s a good question.

3) he’s still expensive

I'm on my phone so this will be more brief than it deserves. Don't take my brevity as insulting. Getting to the point.

1) having DA in the receiver room would have an exponentially more positive effect than any on-field stunting. Right now, that room has no leader. DA automatically becomes the alpha mentor of not only the room but the entire offense.

2) again, the stunted development. You're over-playing that. And don't think for a moment DA isn't about winning. The ball in his hands contributes greatly to that end.

3) our cap woes end in 2023

4) we can still do that AND potentially contend. Win/Win.

The fact you're even hesitant is dumbfounding. The fact your final answer is a NO is just...no words.
That’s a good point about how he can help train them up. Didn’t consider that. I just think the ships sailed.

I don’t think he’d want any part of what we are in the middle of. It’s no better than what the raiders got going on. I think it would not end well for either party.

Like the raiders, we are way more than an Adams away at this point. I’d want him back if he was all we were missing. Aaron Jones is either gonna walk soon, or he has gotta start showing some age soon (next couple years), the OL is a mess, major questions at QB.

While I see your point about him being a coach on the field, honestly that’s why we would keep a guy like Cobb.

I feel like things ended well with Adams in the eyes of the fan base. Might as well just leave it at that. We are no closer than the raiders to anything meaningful

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
Classic WR3

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
18 Oct 2023 22:51
APB wrote:
Classic WR3
My sense is the disappointing fantasy weeks I’ve endured with DA are at an end…