Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jan 2023 17:07
APB wrote:
27 Jan 2023 16:56
Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2023 16:48
lots of people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract, and as a rule of thumb I agree, but Jones was so good, and so under used, we hadn't even tapped into his potential, He's been the feature type RB we needed after the end of Lacy's 2nd season, took a little more of a beating it seemed this year, I'd like to see a uptick in pass routes, and more use in the stcked receiver sets, he's dynamic once past the los.

both he and Dillon where high on the list for yrds after first contact, so we need to improve our run blocking
Based on my memory, that's pure bunk.

The few people who advocated for letting him walk in FA were basing their position on the team salary cap. It was extremely tight and decisions on players had to be made. This portrayal you're making of "people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract" is pure made-up, conjuring a boogeyman, nonsense.
Your memory has failed you. There was a large group who opposed the resigning on the premise of “not giving running backs second contracts”

Most became okay with the signing after they saw it appeared pretty team friendly. But even then, most swore it was really just a two year deal. (Maybe it is, wel see soon)

I wanted to pay him though because he was special and I don’t believe in letting special walk
yep APB is just disagreeing because I said it :lol: , the main stickler was not giving RB's a 2nd contract, bad investment! but we can get out now, which would seem insane to me, or keep getting a 1/4th of the offensive production from one of the best RB's the teams had in 5 decades.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:
lots of people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract, and as a rule of thumb I agree, but Jones was so good, and so under used, we hadn't even tapped into his potential, He's been the feature type RB we needed after the end of Lacy's 2nd season, took a little more of a beating it seemed this year, I'd like to see a uptick in pass routes, and more use in the stcked receiver sets, he's dynamic once past the los.

both he and Dillon where high on the list for yrds after first contact, so we need to improve our run blocking

The few people who advocated for letting him walk in FA were basing their position on the team salary cap. It was extremely tight and decisions on players had to be made. This portrayal you're making of "people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract" is pure made-up, conjuring a boogeyman, nonsense.
100% right. There were a few that didn't want to sign him. Far far far from lots. It may have only been Yoho and 1 or 2 others. Of course the village and the troll won't be able to bring any proof. Never do.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jan 2023 17:44
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

100% right. There were a few that didn't want to sign him. Far far far from lots. It may have only been Yoho and 1 or 2 others. Of course the village and the troll won't be able to bring any proof. Never do.
I was wrong[mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] it was not you. It was Ghost. My apologies.

I am eagerly awaiting these "lots of people!!"
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Your memory has failed you. There was a large group who opposed the resigning on the premise of “not giving running backs second contracts”

Most became okay with the signing after they saw it appeared pretty team friendly. But even then, most swore it was really just a two year deal. (Maybe it is, wel see soon)

I wanted to pay him though because he was special and I don’t believe in letting special walk
‘Lots of people’ or ‘large group of people’ certainly isn’t how I remember Jones’s offseason. Surely a few were hesitant, positionally based, but I’d wager more than half were all about it.

*edit* oh fug me, what did I walk into.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 07:14
Drj820 wrote:
APB wrote:

‘Lots of people’ or ‘large group of people’ certainly isn’t how I remember Jones’s offseason. Surely a few were hesitant, positionally based, but I’d wager more than half were all about it.

*edit* oh fug me, what did I walk into.
Exactly.

Unfortunately the clown show is already out in full force.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the clown show is you and others here that where squemish for any reason not to resign him, and it didn't matter to you that he was a low mileage RB, his production or any of that stuff, it was the short shelf life of the position and the money.

to say I like him but we can't afford him translates to I don't want to resign him, period.

the clown show can now continue

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jan 2023 08:23
the clown show is you and others here that where squemish for any reason not to resign him, and it didn't matter to you that he was a low mileage RB, his production or any of that stuff, it was the short shelf life of the position and the money.

to say I like him but we can't afford him translates to I don't want to resign him, period.

Who are you talking to?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 08:26
Yoop wrote:
28 Jan 2023 08:23

Who are you talking to?
APB I suppose, but no one in parteculer, but anyone that for any reason didn't want to resign Jones, thats all I said at the beginning of all this, I didn't actually stipulate reasons, just that A LOT of posters didn't want to give him a 2nd contract, APB was the first to disagree and his reason was about money.

but money is a generic get out of jail free card for not signing anybody, and again I didn't give reasons, why can't you and others just own up to being wrong about Jones or anything, ya'll expect me to when I'am wrong.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

A LOT of posters didn't want to give him a 2nd contract,
Which is false. It is definitely less than 5. Without a doubt not a lot. You don't get to call out the forum or many in it without providing evidence and there is definitely no evidence to support your claim.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jan 2023 08:37
why can't you and others just own up to being wrong about Jones or anything.
Unbelievably rich…. Shockingly rich, yet not as surprising as this comment should be.

But what was I wrong about Jones on? You are telling me I was wrong.

I didn’t reread those Jones threads, so not sure what I said. But I am pretty sure I never said we shouldn’t resign him.

I’m not even sure what I should be ‘owning up’ to. A position I didn’t have? I mean you have the ability right now to ‘own up’ about being factually, proveably wrong on ‘lots of people’ didn’t want to resign Jones. And we all know you won’t, you’ll move the goal posts and change your original meaning and ignore all facts and just yell and name call everyone else who attempts to reflect reality.

I know you get ganged up on a lot, but my god, don’t be such an asshole to everyone all the time.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

a lot can mean 3 or 4 or it can mean more, it was a generic response to so many of you using any reason you used not to resign Jones, you know that was your stance 004, here you are using qualifiers to defend your position. the point is I was one of the very few here that acted committed to resigning Jones with zero qualifiers, I think I only mentioned contracts or cap money in one or two posts, but even then wasn't concerned with what it would cost us, I don't get into the money stuff like you and others sweat over, I never have.

i could say I want anyone if the price is right, but that qualifier also says I DONT if that parameter isn't met, thats not what I said though, but you and other did, that you can't see the distinction is your problem not mine.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jan 2023 09:16
a lot can mean 3 or 4 or it can mean more, it was a generic response to so many of you using any reason you used not to resign Jones, you know that was your stance 004, here you are using qualifiers to defend your position. the point is I was one of the very few here that acted committed to resigning Jones with zero qualifiers, I think I only mentioned contracts or cap money in one or two posts, but even then wasn't concerned with what it would cost us, I don't get into the money stuff like you and others sweat over, I never have.

i could say I want anyone if the price is right, but that qualifier also says I DONT if that parameter isn't met, thats not what I said though, but you and other did, that you can't see the distinction is your problem not mine.
Appreciate a civil response, wasn’t expecting it. :lol:

So but still, you aren’t admitting you are wrong, you are now changing definitions (3 is a lot, you needed to want to resign him zero questions asked). Yet are still wanting me to admit that I was wrong for not wanting to resign Jones, despite several posts, I’m sure, where I explicitly said I want to resign Jones, but talked about money.

So if you want me to admit I was wrong for wanting to resign Jones and curious about the financial impacts, well no. I’m not wrong, don’t see how that could ever be construed as wrong. I think I could say I was right for wanting to resign Jones. I don’t think I would ever say just resign someone money be damned, Rodgers, Woodson, Starr, Reggie, Jones. I’m always curious about numbers.

Not sure what kind of weird agenda there is right now and why I’m continuing to post. But I think an appropriate take is simply ‘most here wanted to resign Jones’. That just so much more reflects reality that ‘a lot of people didn’t want to resign him’.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 08:59
And we all know you won’t, you’ll move the goal posts
And there it is...
a lot can mean 3 or 4 or it can mean more

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 08:49
Which is false. It is definitely less than 5. Without a doubt not a lot. You don't get to call out the forum or many in it without providing evidence and there is definitely no evidence to support your claim.
A LOT is a generic statement and YOU, like 004, like APB, like Lupe, probably Yoho, possibly NCF, more then likely Salmar, and everyone else I can't recall used one qualifier or another for NOT RESIGNING Jones, that IS ALL I SAID.

the qualifiers are: price of contract, length of contract, shelf life of position normals, talent , is he good enough to get a second contract.

everyone of those listed translates to fence sitting concerning a second contract.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jan 2023 09:34
Pckfn23 wrote:
A LOT is a generic statement and YOU, like 004, like APB, like Lupe, probably Yoho, possibly NCF, more then likely Salmar, and everyone else I can't recall used one qualifier or another for NOT RESIGNING Jones, that IS ALL I SAID.

the qualifiers are: price of contract, length of contract, shelf life of position normals, talent , is he good enough to get a second contract.

everyone of those listed translates to fence sitting concerning a second contract.
And moving the goal post again. You claimed a lot of people did not want to resign Jones. Now you are reducing the number to a few and adding qualifiers. You were wrong in your original statement and now making up qualifiers and people who fit your false claim.

Here is what you said:
lots of people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract, and as a rule of thumb I agree
If you are going to call out much of the forum, you better be right or expect blow back.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 09:26
Yoop wrote:
28 Jan 2023 09:16

Appreciate a civil response, wasn’t expecting it. :lol:

So but still, you aren’t admitting you are wrong, you are now changing definitions (3 is a lot, you needed to want to resign him zero questions asked). Yet are still wanting me to admit that I was wrong for not wanting to resign Jones, despite several posts, I’m sure, where I explicitly said I want to resign Jones, but talked about money.

So if you want me to admit I was wrong for wanting to resign Jones and curious about the financial impacts, well no. I’m not wrong, don’t see how that could ever be construed as wrong. I think I could say I was right for wanting to resign Jones. I don’t think I would ever say just resign someone money be damned, Rodgers, Woodson, Starr, Reggie, Jones. I’m always curious about numbers.

Not sure what kind of weird agenda there is right now and why I’m continuing to post. But I think an appropriate take is simply ‘most here wanted to resign Jones’. That just so much more reflects reality that ‘a lot of people didn’t want to resign him’.
lis, using money as a reason to or not to sign someone is what we all think about, and it's insane, either you want to keep the player or you don't, using what it will cost us just muddy's up the conversation it's nothing but PC &%$@.
you want civil answers, quit using double standards to qualify your answers, I simply said a lot of YOU ( members) used qualifiers with your opinions about resigning Jones, and it's the first thing APB said when he questioned what I said, my point was any reason not to amounts to less then committed to do so.

why would you want me to admit wrong ? I wasn't hedging to resign him, you where, along with a half doz others in this room.

also as I said in my first post, all your reasons had merit, they just didn't really apply to Jones, so I had no reservations about the money, length of contract, or his talent expectations.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 09:40
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

And moving the goal post again. You claimed a lot of people did not want to resign Jones. Now you are reducing the number to a few and adding qualifiers. You were wrong in your original statement and now making up qualifiers and people who fit your false claim.

Here is what you said:
lots of people here didn't want to give him a 2nd contract, and as a rule of thumb I agree
If you are going to call out much of the forum, you better be right or expect blow back.
read my last post, you had reasons, and that means you had reservations, I didn't.

and your still a nit picking A H, please stop defending yourself, it makes you small

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jan 2023 09:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jan 2023 09:40
Yoop wrote:

Here is what you said:
read my last post, you had reasons, and that means you had reservations, I didn't.

and your still a nit picking A H, please stop defending yourself, it makes you small
No nitpicking going on. You made a false statement, called out several posters that didn't even fit that false statement then changed your statement. That is the reality of the situation.
I simply said a lot of YOU ( members) used qualifiers with your opinions about resigning Jones,
No, this is a lie. An absolute lie.

This is what you said:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

[mention]APB[/mention] I only brought up old posts because 23 demanded proof. Therefore, I quoted a message related to what Yoop was referencing…that people didn’t want to pay Jones a lot for many reasons..cap/rb second contracts/overpay/etc etc.

I think more than 3 or 4 people had these concerns. I still do. Again, I don’t fault them. I was just defending Yoop from being implied to be a village idiot over an opinion that I remember the same as him.

Final point, even if it was only 3-4, that’s definitely a substantial number on a forum of probably less than 10 regular offseason posters. Although I still think it was more than that who had reservations. I found the attacks on Yoop over a benign comment about the past to be over the top.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

thanks for your defense DRJ and it was more then 3 or 4, people use money or contract figures so they look non committal, that way they can be right no matter the outcome, it's just fence sitting, it's so PC to use qualifications to lean on to never be wrong

hers what I said

reasons such as contract money wasn't even mentioned, just a simple A LOT of people, reasons be damned

the only people wrong here are those that wouldn't commit to resigning him period. everything else is colored bubbles :rotf: I just hope no one injures themselves jumping off the fence :thwap: