Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday Sep 10th, 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packers by 100

Bout GD Time
26%
This is way too early for a GDT
4%
Where is the Here's Johnny Thread
12%
Packers by 100
12%
Jordan Love
16%
Still hate you BF
8%
LFGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
22%

Total votes: 50

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

people that watch this high lite vid and don't see Watson as one of the best WR prospects we've had in there lifetime are not being honest with themselves, unless he is unable to stay healthy and even with a new QB Watson is a 1000 plus yrd receiver, easy peasy.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Reed and Musgrave, but we all know that Aaron Jones is and always was going to be the focal point in this game. You all knew that, right?

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wally called him a bust all first half of last season, this is the first time he’s had a reason now to pretend like that was justified instead of an egregious miss.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also. Packers football on today!!!

I went from about 80% to 60% after Watson and the stoopid Badger game.

I’ll give it to the Packers 20-17. They carry the lead most the game, D saves the W.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Sep 2023 09:48
packman114 wrote:
09 Sep 2023 09:21
I'm hoping our offense this year looks similar to the Lions offense. Heavy dose of running with a nice 50/50 split of run/pass ratio. Our receivers seem similar to the Lions as well as the o-lines. If Love plays like Goff we have a chance to really surprise people and be in the mix come playoff time. Hoping that Musgrave & Reed play as mature in the regular season as they seemed to be in the preseason.

This year is going to be fun watching, no real expectations, just watch the young guys develop. I really believe that Love sitting for 3 years will once again prove to the NFL that our formula for raising QBs is the best model.
The Lions that just toughed out 14 whole points against a middle-of-the-road defense missing their best player (and a top rotational D-lineman next to him)?

I want to look nothing like that.

But yes, I do want to see a good running game and a plan to make it as easy as possible for our first-time starting QB
The Lions, like the Packers, have a young roster. They have a hell of a team, and they are the team to beat in the NFC North. Say what you will about their performance Thursday night but if I were a Lions fan, I'd be pretty stoked.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
10 Sep 2023 07:58
we all know that Aaron Jones is and always was going to be the focal point in this game. You all knew that, right?
I doubt Chicago is dumb enough to let Jones run wild when we don't have a receiver that has played meaningful snaps. I expect a lot of 8 in the box, so Love is still going to have to beat this D.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lulu wrote:
10 Sep 2023 08:07
The Lions, like the Packers, have a young roster. They have a hell of a team, and they are the team to beat in the NFC North. Say what you will about their performance Thursday night but if I were a Lions fan, I'd be pretty stoked.
I don’t know how many times i have to say that i think the lions are building something impressive. But when someone says “I hope the packers offense looks like the lions” after the literal only football game of the season featured a Lions offense that looked disjointed and struggled to move the ball, I say “no.”

That people them are defending the Lions from that comment is weird.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And I agree with BF: Watson news took me from like 80% to 60% about this game. That feels right

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
10 Sep 2023 08:31
paco wrote:
we all know that Aaron Jones is and always was going to be the focal point in this game. You all knew that, right?
I doubt Chicago is dumb enough to let Jones run wild when we don't have a receiver that has played meaningful snaps. I expect a lot of 8 in the box, so Love is still going to have to beat this D.
Jones is a Bears killer. If they load the box he’ll catch the ball instead of run it. I don’t think their plan will dictate whether Jones has a big day or not. Just how he has a big day.

A couple sources have pointed out that in all the games we’ve been short handed at WR in the MLF era, Jones less the team in receptions.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Sep 2023 08:40
And I agree with BF: Watson news took me from like 80% to 60% about this game. That feels right
I am still super confident. Our roster with car salesmen at WR is still better than Chicago's offense. I don't think we will have trouble matching points.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
10 Sep 2023 08:01
Also. Packers football on today!!!

I went from about 80% to 60% after Watson and the stoopid Badger game.

I’ll give it to the Packers 20-17. They carry the lead most the game, D saves the W.
concerning offense I do expect 20 points or more, on defense I dream of shutting them out :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I was predicting after cuts it would makes sense to get Gaines and SJC on the PS and just keep calling them up until Stokes is back.

Also a good sign for Doubs, imo.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Sep 2023 08:42
NCF wrote:
10 Sep 2023 08:31
paco wrote:
Jones is a Bears killer. If they load the box he’ll catch the ball instead of run it. I don’t think their plan will dictate whether Jones has a big day or not. Just how he has a big day.

A couple sources have pointed out that in all the games we’ve been short handed at WR in the MLF era, Jones less the team in receptions.
agree about Jones, he's not just a 1 dimensional RB, I also think the Bears will struggle against our defense, I expect the pass rush to get to Fields, and that our run defense has improved, with Both Campbell and Walker spying he also may have trouble running which has been his best look, basically I expect to trounce the Bears, 2 score win.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

IT.

IS.

TIME!

:woohoo:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

IT IS TIME TO GET READY FOR LIFT OFF!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

A Saturn V! Ringo is pulling out the big guns! :aok:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I genuinely wish this was a 1:00 game because I'm SO READY for it to finally be here.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Missing the games this year. Always loved the 4 1 1 and survivor pool

Enjoy the day everyone. GPG

31-17 pack

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I think we see a heavy dose of Dillon and Jones on the field at the same time. It adds pass catchers while still threatening the run.

Love in the redzone will decide the outcome of this game.

I would not be surprised if Fields gets knocked out of the game by a big hit when scrambling.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
10 Sep 2023 12:03
I think we see a heavy dose of Dillon and Jones on the field at the same time. It adds pass catchers while still threatening the run.
Agree on the two RB sets with lots of moving Jones around