Week 8 Post Game: Vikings ∞, Packers 10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

williewasgreat wrote:
02 Nov 2023 09:52
go pak go wrote:
02 Nov 2023 09:35
Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 07:56

that too, he is slow to trust what he's seeing, but then he's been fooled by his receivers often, like the OL issues, the past is somewhat responsible for the present, once the rushers bang ya around ( he has zero faith that Walker will even make contact with his guy, or that Myers will anchor, wif or fart) the process to block that out takes time, same with these receivers, trust doesn't evolve over night :idn:
There are always multiple variables.

But there is also the fact that Love had open receivers and didn't pull the trigger. He needs to pull the trigger. He needs to find the open guys.
The irony here is that many of us were saying the same thing about Rodgers last year (and before).
There is no irony. It's simply holding players accountable.

I am a Love supporter. I really, really want to see him succeed (it's mind blowing that a Packers fan actually has to explain that). But I will also call out when he isn't. Yes he has a lot of issues of players letting him down around him. But he also has many moments where he too is the problem.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

go pak go wrote:
02 Nov 2023 09:55
williewasgreat wrote:
go pak go wrote:

But there is also the fact that Love had open receivers and didn't pull the trigger. He needs to pull the trigger. He needs to find the open guys.
The irony here is that many of us were saying the same thing about Rodgers last year (and before).

I am a Love supporter. I really, really want to see him succeed (it's mind blowing that a Packers fan actually has to explain that). But I will also call out when he isn't. Yes he has a lot of issues of players letting him down around him. But he also has many moments where he too is the problem.
I agree with you here. I really hope Love succeeds and with the rest of the offense performing so poorly, it is very hard to truly judge how he is doing. I just think it's funny that there was also criticism of Rodgers for ignoring open receivers and throwing the deep ball so often.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 07:56

that too, he is slow to trust what he's seeing, but then he's been fooled by his receivers often, like the OL issues, the past is somewhat responsible for the present, once the rushers bang ya around ( he has zero faith that Walker will even make contact with his guy, or that Myers will anchor, wif or fart) the process to block that out takes time, same with these receivers, trust doesn't evolve over night :idn:

right, thing is when a QB isn't sure which way a receiver will break, he then holds the ball longer, and become indecisive, the result is a open receiver, but imo not all Loves fault, this is a product of receiver mistakes, and a lack of consistent route running.

some of us new that was happening last year with Rodgers, some didn't :lol:

this last game seemed better at times, and Love needs to improve, but the culmination of poor blocking and poor receiver play imho is the leading causes for Loves struggles.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:
go pak go wrote:

whats mind blowing is that some of US Packer fans have already thrown the towel in ( no names, because I'am not a forum divider), some wanted to shed all vets, lose all games for draft slotting with 10 games remaining this year, so excuse some of US, if we forget who of US is in that group :idn: :lol: :lol: not as though anyone accused you of not being a Love supporter, simply that we think your over looking just how tough Love's had it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I once had lunch with a QB, and we both stayed at a Holiday inn in 1968, so, you know, I got that going for me :rotf: :rotf:

I think we know enough that a 5 step drop tends to signal a longer route, Love tried to avoid the rush, another situation where the OL didn't provide enough protection and he was sacked.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 10:53
I once had lunch with a QB, and we both stayed at a Holiday inn in 1968, so, you know, I got that going for me :rotf: :rotf:

I think we know enough that a 5 step drop tends to signal a longer route, Love tried to avoid the rush, another situation where the OL didn't provide enough protection and he was sacked.
Holy &%$@, [mention]Yoop[/mention]. We get it. There is no doubt about the point you've been banging on and there's been widespread agreement, to one degree or another, O-Line play needs to be better. No need to continually pound that hammer with every response in every thread.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

3 seconds from snap to pressure, plus a lane to step up into.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 10:19
go pak go wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

whats mind blowing is that some of US Packer fans have already thrown the towel in ( no names, because I'am not a forum divider), some wanted to shed all vets, lose all games for draft slotting with 10 games remaining this year, so excuse some of US, if we forget who of US is in that group :idn: :lol: :lol: not as though anyone accused you of not being a Love supporter, simply that we think your over looking just how tough Love's had it.
read posts
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 10:26
I do hate all the 'why didn't he throw it' comments. Honestly from this view you can't even see the safeties?

We don't know the play design, the reads, the timing, etc.

Not absolving Jordan of blame, just isn't as simple as Reed was open for 0.2 seconds, that has to be thrown.

Given this play went as viral as it did, how is there not more shock on Josh Walker? That experiment has to be over. I believe he was benched for Nijman, but then Yosh got hurt. I'm hoping either Tom, Jenkins, or Nijman are starting LT's this week.

I think it would be a great idea to figure out if Tom or Jenkins can be the long term LT this year. Both looked ok before. Jenkins struggled at RT, but that was both right side and shortly after ACL. He's seems more comfortable on the left. That would be nice. If we end up with 2 bookend tackles for the foreseeable future (Jenkins LT and Tom RT), our long term outlook all of a sudden looks way brighter.

Just if we have a good in-house LT option, we need to learn that this year. Can potentially free up a top-10 pick if we do.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 Nov 2023 10:57
Yoop wrote:

Holy &%$@, @Yoop. We get it. There is no doubt about the point you've been banging on and there's been widespread agreement, to one degree or another, O-Line play needs to be better. No need to continually pound that hammer with every response in every thread.
well till these last couple games not many agreed with me, you shot me down when I brought it up after after Atlanta or the Saints game when I said the rush is getting to Loves ability to process, he's thinking to much about where the next free rusher would come.

probably what upsets me most though, is that we can't/couldn't figure out a solution, Is/was Walker the plan in case Bakh couldn't play, and why does it seem as though everyone minus possibly Toms ability declined?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 12:08
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Holy &%$@, @Yoop. We get it. There is no doubt about the point you've been banging on and there's been widespread agreement, to one degree or another, O-Line play needs to be better. No need to continually pound that hammer with every response in every thread.
well till these last couple games not many agreed with me, you shot me down when I brought it up after after Atlanta or the Saints game when I said the rush is getting to Loves ability to process, he's thinking to much about where the next free rusher would come.

probably what upsets me most though, is that we can't/couldn't figure out a solution, Is/was Walker the plan in case Bakh couldn't play, and why does it seem as though everyone minus possibly Toms ability declined?
The first two games the Oline held up well. Walker did pretty good the first two games. They started the decline week 3. We argued with you because at the time, week 3, the oline did well and deserved credit. But absolutely the narrative started to shift starting week 4 because the Oline was horrific and it hadn't improved until seeing a slight improvement vs MN.
Last edited by go pak go on 02 Nov 2023 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 12:08
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

It has been acknowledged countless times by a great many members as a contributing reason for the decline in play. One of several, mind you. You, however, are insisting that it is the overriding reason for the decline in play with a corresponding long term "gun shy" effect.

That's an opinion, and it is duly noted.

Now, can we come off throwing it into every response to a post that mentions decline, struggle, or failure? Please?!?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is a fun thread to read through after the 2nd Vikings matchup.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 13:00
:shock:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Jan 2024 14:50
go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 13:00
:shock:
Just look at how far this offense has come.

Obviously you have more dramatics in this thread but I also wrote, "I don't know if Love is the guy"

Tanking and looking at young QBs (Caleb Williams) was a pretty large theme this week.
Yoop wrote: