Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Video is from the 1997 season in case anyone else was wondering. I didn't recognize Steve Bono at all.
BF004 wrote:
13 Feb 2024 07:20
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
13 Feb 2024 11:33
Video is from the 1997 season in case anyone else was wondering. I didn't recognize Steve Bono at all.
BF004 wrote:
13 Feb 2024 07:20
ahhh, what coverage do you think they'll be in Bert, nickel, hell ya they'll be in nickel, passss, Steve, what is nickel again :rotf:

I took a tour with Karen Bengsten back in the 90's, I think around 95, sat in Bretts locker stall, always thought it would be great to be a fly on the wall in one of the coach/QB meetings, Brett was so famous for his off the cuff comments :lol:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I couldn't pay attention to the plays because I was so excited to see an overhead projector!! Now if they printed the sheets on a mimeograph it would be perfect!!! :banana:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Teams don’t use the pump fake like they used to.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

BF004 wrote:
16 Feb 2024 09:35
Teams don’t use the pump fake like they used to.

and what a pump fake it was!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

I also used to like Favre's turn, hand off, then turn back and pump fake with empty hand move (which Rodgers did for a while, too). Probably never fooled anyone, but it was fun.
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Feb 2024 12:44
I also used to like Favre's turn, hand off, then turn back and pump fake with empty hand move (which Rodgers did for a while, too). Probably never fooled anyone, but it was fun.
I did that as a high school QB and was told to knock it off.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
16 Feb 2024 14:20
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
I can't imagine why :rotf: the no fun game gets it's reputation from HS ball :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
16 Feb 2024 14:20
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
I did that in 7th - 9th grade and the coaches all liked it.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m sure a completely reliable source, but sharing regardless

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BF004 wrote:
18 Feb 2024 08:37
I hope so. Eating $20 mil is manageable, 40 is not.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Guty and MLF both are saying that if Bahk69 is healthy that he will play. I'm gonna take them at their word until proven otherwise.

Bahk and Jenkins are still better than Walker and Jenkins on the left side.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I just keep thinking about the opening game in Chicago last year and how good he played. And that was with him being hurt. If he can get to just 80% of what he was, he's still better than Walker.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

where already into him for 20 mil. if he'll redo and take a very modest 1 yr deal, OK, fine, take a chance on a prove it season, if he does well do a couple more seasons with better pay, otherwise see ya Dave, come on back and retire a Packer

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I remember this article from last October, got ta Love Bakhtiari, the time line of this injury, just after signing a mega buck deal is what hurts so bad, plus kicking so much of it into the future, and while he may not be able to eat a Elephant in one bite, he sure can pound a can of beer :rotf:

Bakhtiari acknowledged his own football mortality and the uncertainty about his future in Green Bay but spoke on the positive working relationship he has with General Manager Brian Gutekunst and many individuals around the building.

He also mentioned an uplifting conversation he had with an unnamed Packers staffer who recently pulled him aside and reminded Bakhtiari "you can't eat an elephant in one bite. It's one piece at a time."

"So, that's what I intend on doing," Bakhtiari added. "Making sure I attack the rehab, win the day, take the bites out of that elephant, finish the elephant, and then decide and see.

"They have decisions they need to make, what's best for their franchise. I understood that the minute I got in here. And I've seen every face go. (Someday) this face is going to go, too. I can't live here. Maybe."

https://www.packers.com/news/david-bakh ... his-future

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just only so many resources to go around.

Maybe Bak+Jenkins > Walker+Jenkins

But Bak+Jenkins <<<< Walker+Jenkins + Jordan Whitehead + Derrick Henry

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

BF004 wrote:
18 Feb 2024 08:37

If this is true:

- Vince Lombardi

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

But when LaFleur looked at it and says he needs some time to recover, it'll be, what, 3 years removed from it? We needed to start looking for it right then and there. So must be Bak + ACL + Jenkins < Walker + Jenkins.

At least we got one last game from him, I'll always remember this.

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Bas has a good video about this on YouTube.

Basically, the Packers cannot afford to play Bakh 40 million dollars for 1 season. Structuring some of that money into next season just kicks the can down the road.

So that leaves either a trade or to be cut soon. A trade means that Bakh must pass the receiving team's physical. If he can't, the trade is cancelled and Bakh gets the full 40 million dollars without playing a snap for anyone.

He will get cut and the Packers will just have to eat the 20 mil dead cap. However that puts the Packers about 18 mil under the cap and 18 mil is more than enough for a top FA at Safety or ILB or slot CB. Then cut Campbell and have even more cap.

Walker is only going to get better. He may never be as dominant as Bakh was but he is already an average or near average LT. I am sorry if this irritates some of us, but the fact is that the odds favor Walker over Bakh for this season.

Bakh needs to take off the football weight, get down to about 230 pounds and get on with his life. Go play golf and enjoy the money he earned.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

[mention]TheSkeptic[/mention] are you talking about Basaraski or something like that? I follow him as well as my friend who got me into him. Good show, I guarantee everyone take a look at him cause he knows his &%$@.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....