Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Holy smoke, you put away those jump to conclusions mats away yet?

Lot of pent of drama overreactions being thrown out here

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 17:20
Holy smoke, you put away those jump to conclusions mats away yet?

Lot of pent of drama overreactions being thrown out here
This place has been boring for a while. No outside FAs, back of the first round in the draft...enjoy the fireworks!!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

LOves draft profile said not ready to play, needs a season or two learning the pro game, the FO knows this, and he had almost zero season last year to learn in actual games, my impression is that they hope to see that Love has made sufficient progress to be ready for 2022, if not they will restructure Rodgers contract, but Rodgers wants that restructure now.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also, all just a smokescreen by the packers and Aaron to drum up Love’s trade value, trying to get that last 2nd converted to a third first.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'm tired enough to laugh already, not good.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:43
texas wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:13
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:06

Did it work? Or was it that a hall of fame caliber QB got more experience in a new scheme?

I’ve never believed the &%$@ narrative that Love was drafted with the lone intention to motivate Rodgers. He was drafted because the team get he was done despite giving Rodgers little help and not realizing he was in a new scheme.

Foolishness.
It worked. Some of yall are obtuse when it comes to motivation. He needed to pull his head out of his ass and change his practices, and the Love pick jolted him enough to do that.
so again it's your contention that Guty gave up a 4th round pick to move up and take a QB with almost NO chance of playing for 2 years just to get Rodgers to play better, versus drafting a player that could actually help him to do that?

never mind that the year prior was a bran new offense he and no one else on the team had ever played in, and everyone went through a learning curve.

you and so many other here are the obtuse ones Tex, you would rather blame Rodgers for the years 016 right till the end of Lafluers first season for Rodgers struggles, the receivers where beyond mediocre, we couldn't run the ball because McCarthy had every RB on a pitch count, how do u establish a ground game when ya yank the RB's when there doing well, and we lack the receiver to win isi vertical pass routes, sure Rodgers became polarized with extending plays hoping someone would get clear, so much so he didn't timely pitch it to his under neath receivers when he did have one open.
your way out in right field with your idea that Love was to spark Rodgers, no sane football person would ever agree to that opinion, if ya gotta do something like that then you should expect a ton of blow back
No, that's not the only reason. But it is a reason. It probably starts with the front office thinking Jordan Love is very talented and had fallen farther than his value was worth. But then, I don't care who you are, if you have a QB of Rodgers' stature already in place, you're not just going to take him because he's BPA. So then you have to think through the merits of picking him vs the ramifications of doing so with such a big name incumbent. And I think it is and was pretty clear at that point: either we pick him and he upsets the power balance and causes Rodgers to get his head out of his ass, or we pick him and Rodgers continues to be a $40m QB who isn't good enough, and we actually do move on. I think everyone, including the front office, wished for the former, and thus wished that Jordan Love never even sees the field for us. But thinking it through, it was a win-win situation, so that coupled with their apparent grades for Love meant it was the correct move.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

go pak go wrote:
29 Apr 2021 17:10
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:40
APB wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:36
Somebody - one of you cap guru’s - walk us through the cap impact of trading Rodgers away this weekend. Please.
When you were a little boy, did you ever sleep with a grown man naked? It is going to feel like that.
Absolutely not.

The cap situation will be the exact same. We just won't have Aaron Rodgers.

Where our issue will be is we will want to get a vet who will want probably at least $5 to $10 million and we may have issues getting that.
Are you sure?

On the roster his cap is 27 million. Traded he costs 38.

Also, you need to watch Airplane.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
29 Apr 2021 17:41
go pak go wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:40

When you were a little boy, did you ever sleep with a grown man naked? It is going to feel like that.
Absolutely not.

Where our issue will be is we will want to get a vet who will want probably at least $5 to $10 million and we may have issues getting that.
Are you sure?

image.png
image.png (14.5 KiB) Viewed 683 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:43
texas wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:13

It worked. Some of yall are obtuse when it comes to motivation. He needed to pull his head out of his ass and change his practices, and the Love pick jolted him enough to do that.
so again it's your contention that Guty gave up a 4th round pick to move up and take a QB with almost NO chance of playing for 2 years just to get Rodgers to play better, versus drafting a player that could actually help him to do that?

never mind that the year prior was a bran new offense he and no one else on the team had ever played in, and everyone went through a learning curve.

you and so many other here are the obtuse ones Tex, you would rather blame Rodgers for the years 016 right till the end of Lafluers first season for Rodgers struggles, the receivers where beyond mediocre, we couldn't run the ball because McCarthy had every RB on a pitch count, how do u establish a ground game when ya yank the RB's when there doing well, and we lack the receiver to win isi vertical pass routes, sure Rodgers became polarized with extending plays hoping someone would get clear, so much so he didn't timely pitch it to his under neath receivers when he did have one open.
your way out in right field with your idea that Love was to spark Rodgers, no sane football person would ever agree to that opinion, if ya gotta do something like that then you should expect a ton of blow back
No, that's not the only reason. But it is a reason. It probably starts with the front office thinking Jordan Love is very talented and had fallen farther than his value was worth. But then, I don't care who you are, if you have a QB of Rodgers' stature already in place, you're not just going to take him because he's BPA. So then you have to think through the merits of picking him vs the ramifications of doing so with such a big name incumbent. And I think it is and was pretty clear at that point: either we pick him and he upsets the power balance and causes Rodgers to get his head out of his ass, or we pick him and Rodgers continues to be a $40m QB who isn't good enough, and we actually do move on. I think everyone, including the front office, wished for the former, and thus wished that Jordan Love never even sees the field for us. But thinking it through, it was a win-win situation, so that coupled with their apparent grades for Love meant it was the correct move.
we went 13-3 in Lafluers first season, the only people that needed to pull there head out of there ass was Guty and the FO, Rodgers over came players not knowing the system, breakdowns with the system itself to bring this team to one game of a SB appearance, Guty should have brought in another offensive impact player, it would have helped alot more then trying to light a fire under a already hot QB, and if Rodgers is serious about sitting out then it will have blown up in Guty's face, it was a big gamble that he should not have made.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

go pak go wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:06
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Absolutely not.

Are you sure?

image.png
Cap and dead cap aren't the same thing.

What it costs to keep him is cheaper than trading him because with a trade the otherwise prorated bonus money gets pulled into 2021....isn't that the way it works?

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

texas wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:10
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:08
Acquire a &%$@ load of 1 and 2 round picks and move on with Love.

If we need to cut or trade other guys because of the cap, then we do it.

The toothpaste is out if the tube. It ain't going back in.

I wish AR the best. Olivia Munn was the hottest, FYI.

Also, he can go $%@# himself.

I'm on my 3rd beer.
Yeah Munn is hotter than Woodley.
But who crazier though?

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

bud fox wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:11
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:03
Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:58
All that said, I dont really blame 12. Gutey and Murphy have been about as arrogant as you can be as they peacock to let the world know that they are in charge, not 12. Remember that story where they made a point to tell the media that he wasnt in on the Lafleur hire? Why would they do that other than to show him who is in charge?

Well guess what, league MVPs and HOFers dont take well to guys like Gutey trying to pop their chest out at their expense. Packers org is getting what they deserve.
Honestly the worst take I've ever seen.

That is literally their jobs. They are doing their jobs by building and running a team. If Rodgers can't handle that, it's not because the leaders of the fanchise are "peacocking" or "puffing out their chests." It's because their job is to assemble the roster and Aaron Rodgers' job is decidedly NOT to assemble the roster. They hired a QB-friendly HC who melded and catered the offense to Rodgers and the things he wanted to do. They got 100% on the same page. Rodgers has PLENTY of clout in the org. He helps run the offense and he has direct line to all the major players.

But the team picks the players. And all this "you can't blame Rodgers" is nothing but immaturity. Rodgers is acting immature and like his ego is bruised. And defending those actions are equally as immature. He doesn't run the team and he isn't bigger than it. He's an MVP player and a Hall of Fame QB and a zero-experience GM.
Horrible take ... Packers had time to sort this and were waiting for leverage to swing back to them in time.

The arrogance of the team trading up after a NFC championship to draft a bench QB and RB and then FB is shocking. Not offering the MVP and extension.

They are so misaligned with the team and players who are trying to win us a championship.

This front office deserves consistent mediocrity
I also understand this perspective. You can't expect to trade up to take a QB when we did without garnering any sort of reaction from the HOF QB you have. AR isn't a robot and he shouldn't be held to robot standard. Most would feel slighted by that move, IMO.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:36
go pak go wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

Are you sure?

image.png

What it costs to keep him is cheaper than trading him because with a trade the otherwise prorated bonus money gets pulled into 2021....isn't that the way it works?
For today, we’d save a ton in 2022 and forward.

Basically, anything we’ve already paid him, via signing bonus and was spread out over 4 years or whatever, just comes due today.

Any unpaid money, salary, future roster bonuses, just get dropped.

Long story short. Any real dollars you gave to someone, has to be accounted for against the salary cap.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Captain_Ben wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:37
texas wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:10
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
29 Apr 2021 16:08
Acquire a &%$@ load of 1 and 2 round picks and move on with Love.

If we need to cut or trade other guys because of the cap, then we do it.

The toothpaste is out if the tube. It ain't going back in.

I wish AR the best. Olivia Munn was the hottest, FYI.

Also, he can go $%@# himself.

I'm on my 3rd beer.
Yeah Munn is hotter than Woodley.
But who crazier though?
I think Woodley. I was not a Munn fan at the time but in hindsight she wasn't the worst.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:42
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:36
go pak go wrote:

image.png

For today, we’d save a ton in 2022 and forward.

Basically, anything we’ve already paid him, via signing bonus and was spread out over 4 years or whatever, just comes due today.

Any unpaid money, salary, future roster bonuses, just get dropped.

Long story short. Any real dollars you gave to someone, has to be accounted for against the salary cap.
That's the point. Bonus money prorated over the life of the deal is due on the cap the moment he is traded, hence the difference between his cap hit and the dead cap should he be traded. Right??

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

If Rodgers starts getting too much leverage in all of this and things get out of hand, I'll put in a call to Tony Buzbee and we'll nip that in the bud.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:50
eye rolling until proven otherwise
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:53
paco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:50
eye rolling until proven otherwise
I’m not sure you report that without there being evidence.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff