Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
27 Oct 2021 07:36
packman114 wrote:
27 Oct 2021 06:43
Would love to see them run the ball and a lot more jet motion. But now I'm worried about Dillon fumbling. Hope he has slept with a football all week.
I think he will be fine. Good thing to get out of your system before a game like this.
Dont think he has a history of fumbling does it? Hopefully just a weird day at the office, like we all have from time to time.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
26 Oct 2021 20:54
The DL will need to show some rush lane discipline this week or Murray will chew them up with his scrambling.

So does GB assign a spy to Murray? And if so, who?

It would seem Campbell may be too valuable in his coverage and run stop role. Jaylon would be left holding Kyler’s jock. Playing a third safety seems the most logical but with all those weapons, dedicating a defender to Murray frees up someone else.

So what’s a DC to do?
DC can cozy up under his blankey at home by the fireplace this week.

Hope we can get Preston back. Preston, Dean, Kenny and Gary can all beat you with the bull rush. That’s how you beat Murray. Not speed rushing, just keep engulfing the pocket and make Mighty Mouse try to throw over a bunch of 6’6” dudes right in his lap.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Oct 2021 07:40
NCF wrote:
27 Oct 2021 07:36
packman114 wrote:
27 Oct 2021 06:43
Would love to see them run the ball and a lot more jet motion. But now I'm worried about Dillon fumbling. Hope he has slept with a football all week.
I think he will be fine. Good thing to get out of your system before a game like this.
Dont think he has a history of fumbling does it? Hopefully just a weird day at the office, like we all have from time to time.
He does not.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Packers' LT David Bakhtiari (ACL) will not be activated in time to play against the Cardinals.

Bakhtiari is practicing, but Packers' head coach Matt LaFleur indicated that he will not be activated from the PUP list in time for Thursday night. There is some optimism that Bakhtiari will be available when the Packers play the Chiefs in Week 9. Bakhtiari was Pro Football Focus' top-graded pass blocker in 2020, and will provide a meaningful boost to an offense that is already operating at a high level.
Yep, too risky to put him back on the field after just 10+ months of ACL reconstructive surgery/recovery. :roll:

My guess is Adrian Peterson would have never had his post-ACL miracle season were he playing for the Packers.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
27 Oct 2021 11:49
Packers' LT David Bakhtiari (ACL) will not be activated in time to play against the Cardinals.

Bakhtiari is practicing, but Packers' head coach Matt LaFleur indicated that he will not be activated from the PUP list in time for Thursday night. There is some optimism that Bakhtiari will be available when the Packers play the Chiefs in Week 9. Bakhtiari was Pro Football Focus' top-graded pass blocker in 2020, and will provide a meaningful boost to an offense that is already operating at a high level.
Yep, too risky to put him back on the field after just 10+ months of ACL reconstructive surgery/recovery. :roll:

My guess is Adrian Peterson would have never had his post-ACL miracle season were he playing for the Packers.
Don't eyeroll. You can't compare. All injuries, even the same part of the body, heal differently on people. The return to play will be different between a RB and a 300lb lineman. Everyone comparing this to Peterson need to stop it.

I didn't see/hear MLF indicate that, though I may have missed it. But its as I expected. What he has eluded to a lot if David's comfort level with playing and not so much his or doctor's opinions. Maybe he's holding it up right now?

Stop the judging of the medical staff and coaches and players. We have ZERO idea of what is going on. Speculate in other areas of the game, but this one makes no sense to me.

In any case, Martellus said the Packers rush guys back so...yeah. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
27 Oct 2021 12:03
In any case, Martellus said the Packers rush guys back so...yeah.
I was actually proud that I didn't see any posts in this forum after that turd starting running his mouth, again. Man, he sucks.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

:lol:

Easy, killer. It's sarcasm masking frustration.

P.S.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
27 Oct 2021 11:49

my GUESS :rotf: your not allowed to guess, there is actual science involved here :rotf:

there not going to rush this, it's more important for him to be ready late season then just this one game ;)

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I have been thinking about all of the ways this game can go and turn. I know our history in these games and our recent history under LaFleur. The more I settle on possible outcomes, the more I believe this. I think we will know in the first 10 minutes of the game whether we will win or not. I think if we withstand the initial push, the Packers will find a way to win. I think there is another world, that I would sure love to avoid, where the Packers go down 14-0 in the first 10 minutes and then it might as well be bed time.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
27 Oct 2021 12:20

Easy, killer. It's sarcasm masking frustration.

P.S.

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
27 Oct 2021 12:24
I have been thinking about all of the ways this game can go and turn. I know our history in these games and our recent history under LaFleur. The more I settle on possible outcomes, the more I believe this. I think we will know in the first 10 minutes of the game whether we will win or not. I think if we withstand the initial push, the Packers will find a way to win. I think there is another world, that I would sure love to avoid, where the Packers go down 14-0 in the first 10 minutes and then it might as well be bed time.
I mean conventional wisdom, even though it's fun to dream, says even being in the game in the 4th quarter would be a major success.

We have 5 All Pro's. 4 of them are out.

Our position groups are decimated.

Arguably 1 OL is in his original spot.
The top 3 WRs might be out or have zero practice.
The preseason top 2 CBs are potentially out.
The top 2 edge rushers are potentially out.

It's just a lot to overcome. It almost feels like the Packers 9ers game last year (from the 9er's perspective) for the exception that Rodgers is playing.

We have won many games where we have been destroyed by injuries. But then you put it on the road. On a Thursday Night. vs the current top team in the league...this is about as big of a hurdle as you can have.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
27 Oct 2021 13:05
The funny thing is there is still time to have all 3 play! Davante could still test out ok (as far as we know), Bakh could be activated and we could bring Jones out of retirement!
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

JJ Watt is out with a shoulder! Evens the playing field some.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cdragon wrote:
27 Oct 2021 15:47
JJ Watt is out with a shoulder! Evens the playing field some.
Can't hurt the run game, and that's where we need to hit them and control the clock.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Love Qb3
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
27 Oct 2021 12:20
paco wrote:
27 Oct 2021 12:03
In any case, Martellus said the Packers rush guys back so...yeah.
I was actually proud that I didn't see any posts in this forum after that turd starting running his mouth, again. Man, he sucks.
My least favorite nfl player of all time.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I 1000% agree with [mention]NCF[/mention]

They are gonna boat race us early and I will fully support going vanilla and not showing them a thing as we plan to see them again.

Or we are going survive an initial push, maybe Gary injured Kyler, Hopkins leaves the game, ya know anything...and we grow in confidence and win.

Thursday games are traditionally weird. It can go weird either direction.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

From Bill Huber

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/pac ... or-arizona

Packers currently sitting at 50 on active roster- Here's some potential adds for tomorrow night

Tight end Dominique Dafney: A versatile player, he played 29 snaps in Week 2 vs. Detroit but suffered a hip injury at practice the following week. After a stint on injured reserve, he’s practiced the last three weeks and should be in the lineup for Thursday. An adept receiver who looked at home at fullback before the injury, he could have a decent role vs. the Cardinals.

“We all want to start and we all want to catch touchdowns, but, first and foremost, I want to win,” he said in September. “If me having to block 300-pound dudes who are 6-8, 6-9 with extremely long arms and that’s what I have to do so we can win, then I’m going to do it because I love winning. Whatever I have to do to be a part of this team and win, then I’m going to do it.”

Receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling:
Valdes-Scantling spent the last four weeks on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. He hasn’t practiced, meaning his last time on the field doing anything competitive was the Week 3 game at San Francisco in which he scored a touchdown. With Davante Adams and Allen Lazard on the COVID-19 list, a source said Valdes-Scantling wants to play and help the team in a big game. The team is weighing its need for playmakers with the reality that players – even veterans – need to practice."

I appreciate the comment about MVS practicing - but just because the reporters haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Last edited by BSA on 27 Oct 2021 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
IT. IS. TIME