General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Nov 2020 16:07
Is Det - GB seriously the best national game option Fox has available to it that weekend? :shock:
I think the Vikes and Bucs is the larger game in terms of playoff implications so the Packers/Lions would at least allow that region to see both.

But the Packers draw the crowds. And yes. There is horrible December football this year in the NFC. Outside of the NFC West playing each other and the Packers/Titans and Chiefs/Saints, there is just not much for December NFC football.

It also looks like we will be the 4th 4:25 game that day on FOX. So that is weird.
image.png
image.png (31.1 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2020 15:49
Don't know what I am missing here.
You are missing me hoping to be out of town in Wisconsin.

:lol:

But yeah, if I am stuck here, then that complicates matters.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
30 Nov 2020 20:11
For all you would be parents out there. Now you know when to conceive.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Nice guy. Bad football player.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
01 Dec 2020 10:51

Nice guy. Bad football player.
Yeah, I have never and will never understand how he kept hanging around. I know the camp reports are always positive, but... ugh.

Wish him well in all that he does, just not on the Green Bay Packers.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

R I P Darrius Shepard.

had to wait till Austin was cleared to play I guess.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It's admirable to give guys a second chance even after they have screwed the pooch, give them a shot at redemption, and I can agree with it in a lot of cases, e.g. MVS.

The thing about Shepherd was, while he did look good at times during camp/preseason, we also made some pretty seriously bad ones towards the end of preseason which aptly foreshadowed his disastrous regular-season debut, and then it's not like he was some remarkably high-upside player where there will be some big pay-off for being patient (smallish, middling athlete). He was a guy who needed to be Mr. Reliable to stick around, but that was his weakness.

I feel for the guy, but it was a mistake to hold onto him this long (and it bites that we cut Fulgham for him :oops: ).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
01 Dec 2020 11:17
It's admirable to give guys a second chance even after they have screwed the pooch, give them a shot at redemption, and I can agree with it in a lot of cases, e.g. MVS.

The thing about Shepherd was, while he did look good at times during camp/preseason, we also made some pretty seriously bad ones towards the end of preseason which aptly foreshadowed his disastrous regular-season debut, and then it's not like he was some remarkably high-upside player where there will be some big pay-off for being patient (smallish, middling athlete). He was a guy who needed to be Mr. Reliable to stick around, but that was his weakness.

I feel for the guy, but it was a mistake to hold onto him this long (and it bites that we cut Fulgham for him :oops: ).
who's Fulgham???

If ya can't run 4.45 and minus a great ST's receiving group of blockers opposing teams will not respect your return ability, there kicker will kick to the 5 yrd line with lots of hang time and bury ya inside the 20, just as we have Mason do when we get the chance, and Shepard looks like he runs 4.53, just guessing but he's to slow

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
01 Dec 2020 11:17

I don't fault the Packers for giving him a second chance this year during camp because he was very strong. I also don't fault the release of Fulgham because he was released by the same Eagles team before who is now reaping the benefits.

But as stated, you need to show you have upside or potential and Shepherd provided none of that. Shepherd unfortunately never did anything strong enough in a game and nearly cost us one game in 2019 and did cost us a win in 2020.

It was time we needed to let him go. Glad he got to accomplish his dream though of being on an NFL roster. Props to him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Probably should try to get Shepherd back on the PS, unfortunately.

Injuries and COVID come up, we could do a lot worse than him, simply by having no one else eligible to play/return kicks.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

By my count the team has 51 players on the roster on their website.

That 51 still includes Shepherd and does not include Austin, so that balances out. The DT Rush is included.

That leaves 2 spots (which we've left open a decent amount) which could indicate a) we're working on another signing, and/or b) we're looking to bring someone back from IR.

Maybe the rookie OG is going to be activated now that he's practicing. Maybe they're saving space for Adams' return in a week or two (don't remember when he was IRed)

Maybe we're signing Kenny Stills :idn: :lol:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
01 Dec 2020 11:26
and Shepard looks like he runs 4.53
He ran 4.57 and 4.65 (4.61 average).
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Dec 2020 12:19
Maybe we're signing Kenny Stills
Stills cleared waivers on Monday morning.
You know what else happened on Monday ? A private jet left Green Bay destined for Houston Hobby airport.
Probably nothing, but maybe.
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
01 Dec 2020 12:45
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Dec 2020 12:19
Maybe we're signing Kenny Stills
Stills cleared waivers on Monday morning.
You know what else happened on Monday ? A private jet left Green Bay destined for Houston Hobby airport.
Probably nothing, but maybe.
Where do you see that?

I' actually checked that recently.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KGRB/arrivals

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
01 Dec 2020 13:08
Where do you see that?
departures- jet left GB going to Houston
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
01 Dec 2020 13:31
BF004 wrote:
01 Dec 2020 13:08
Where do you see that?
departures- jet left GB going to Houston
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N70 ... /KGRB/KHOU

Ah, that plane has been all over after that flight.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

He missed a few games, too, didn't he? That's wild...
—Magneto