Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

our red zone problems last season are not all the blame of the OL, we didn't run near enough, and not having a great receiver like Adams hurt as well

https://zonecoverage.com/2023/packers/t ... f-chances/

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/the-green ... n-2023-718

for some reason Lafleur or maybe Rodgers didn't use or call enough running plays

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Jul 2023 20:14
It’s interesting the improvement in ST play was only marginal in terms of overall rankings according to Gosselin’s rankings, which I don’t dispute, but as perceived by Packer fans, it was head-and-shoulders better than the previous year(s).

I guess after being conditioned to watching atrocious ST play for so long, mere competent play becomes eye popping.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Article out on Packers.com detailing Samori Toure's work in the offseason. He hit the weight room and added 8 pounds, which puts him up around 199.

"If you guys would see Samori right now, you wouldn't even recognize the guy from last year, his growth," said receivers coach/passing game coordinator Jason Vrable at the start of organized team activities in May. "He's probably, of everybody, the one that everybody around the building is like, '(Number) 83 looks unbelievable right now.'"

https://www.packers.com/news/a-stronger ... HyzvMzEf24
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

APB wrote:
09 Jul 2023 09:36

It’s interesting the improvement in ST play was only marginal in terms of overall rankings according to Gosselin’s rankings, which I don’t dispute, but as perceived by Packer fans, it was head-and-shoulders better than the previous year(s).

I guess after being conditioned to watching atrocious ST play for so long, mere competent play becomes eye popping.
Wonder what are ranking was for the games after Kiesan replaced Amari. Probably close to top 10.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jul 2023 10:17
Article out on Packers.com detailing Samori Toure's work in the offseason. He hit the weight room and added 8 pounds, which puts him up around 199.

"If you guys would see Samori right now, you wouldn't even recognize the guy from last year, his growth," said receivers coach/passing game coordinator Jason Vrable at the start of organized team activities in May. "He's probably, of everybody, the one that everybody around the building is like, '(Number) 83 looks unbelievable right now.'"

I'm ready to $%@# buy this guy's jersey!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jul 2023 10:17

This is excellent news, but I still think that Reed is WR#3 for most of the season. Reed has speed. You don't see much difference in the 40 speed between Reed and Toure but there is a big difference in the 10 and 20 yard times when it matters most.

Toure makes the WR room deep. This is important as both Watson and Doubs got hurt last season and it is likely that 1 of them will miss at least a couple of games this season too.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
09 Jul 2023 06:47
Not totally surprised based on the eye test.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It was at summerfest, spotted him as I walked by. Heh.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

:rotf:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

De'Vondre Campbell had a down season in 2022, and many speculated he was playing through some unreported injuries. Turn out, he did.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
13 Jul 2023 10:19
#6? That's pretty good. A line like this should help Love develop into a good starting QB. What is surprising is the Bills' OL ranking.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
14 Jul 2023 05:16
De'Vondre Campbell had a down season in 2022, and many speculated he was playing through some unreported injuries. Turn out, he did.

we would castigate Rodgers for making a throw like that, which both you and I could have picked off, saying that I love what Campbell brings to our defense, and agree many of us thought he played injured most of the season

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jul 2023 09:23
we would castigate Rodgers for making a throw like that,
Correctly. I would castigate Love for attempting that throw too.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

imagine that, the #6 OL ranking for the worst team in the league scoring from the red zone, It smells like the Walleye I use to catch on wisky river in Okee back in the 70's polluted by all the paper mills, the rotty fishy smelly aroma brings back fond memories, but of prior GB Packers O lines that actually deserved these kind of rankings.
just my opinion :nono:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
14 Jul 2023 09:28
Yoop wrote:
14 Jul 2023 09:23
we would castigate Rodgers for making a throw like that,
Correctly. I would castigate Love for attempting that throw too.
Late from pressure and left it inside. That is a recipe for disaster. Nothing wrong with the decision to throw that ball if it would have been on time and better ball placement. A QB with a stronger arm would convert that for a first 9/10 times.

Read More. Post Less.